Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

@RRoyceusAnother suggestion is to start a new thread, in which you note your specific z-wave issues (with a somewhat descriptive title). I think many people stop following these "release version" threads once their system is stable on that release, and thst likely applies here. As noted above, it does help to describe the problem (actual symptoms) you're having. Without looking at me system (typing this from an iPad, so can't use admin console), I'd guess your z-wave firmware is fine. The ISY does not have the best z-wave radio/antenna configuration, though, so I've found that it needs some help in the form of repeaters, setting some things up right at the device, performing network heals, etc. It will "get there" and remain stable, but it can take a day or two to get there.

8 minutes ago, breischaft said:

I have 5.0.16B and thinking to go to C. 

am I reading this right that I need to shift my zwave stuff to another controller, upgrade ISY, and then shift back?  

so I need a second controller or I lose all zwave devices and programs? 

No, not at all.Just follow the instructions on the first page of this conversation. In fact here is a copy :

Install:

1.  Backup your ISY (File | Backup ISY)  - Do not backup from a version 3.1.6, or 4.1.1 system (there were bugs in those versions that caused the backup to be corrupted)

2.  Make sure you have done everything in the Prerequisites section

3.  Download firmware

-  ISY 994i Series including Z-Wave support

-  ISY 994i ZW, Z, or ZS Series (Z-Wave/Zigbee and/or if you do NOT have a PLM)

4.  Login to the Admin Console and choose Help | Manually Upgrade [the name of your system]

5.  Choose the file downloaded in step 3

6.  After the upgrade, You must clear your Java Cache

7.  Launch the 5.0.16 Admin Console and/or Dashboard by going to the following link:

-  https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

Note: If you have version 5.0.8 or lower installed on your ISY, then use this link instead:

-  http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16/admin.jnlp

Note: MAC 10.6.x users must use the following links instead

-  http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16/admin16.jnlp (Admin Console)

-  http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/5.0.16/dashboard16.jnlp (Dashboard)

8.  To launch the Admin Console directly from your ISY, go to the following link:

-  http://your.isy.ip.address/admin.jnlp

9.  If you are using Z-Wave and upgrading from a 4.x.x or earlier version of the ISY, see Z-Wave migration from 4.x.x branch below

10.  Backup your ISY (File | Backup ISY)

On 3/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, RRoyceus said:

I have been having problems with my Z Wave network.  In the Z-Wave prerequisites section it says
If you have not already done so, please ensure your Z-Wave firmware is 4.55 (Z-Wave | Advanced | Z-Wave Firmware Version). If not, you will need to upgrade the Z-Wave firmware to 4.55:
If you have not already done so, please ensure your Z-Wave firmware is 4.55 (Z-Wave | Advanced | Z-Wave Firmware Version). If not, you will need to upgrade the Z-Wave firmware to 4.55:

when I look, the screen says:

Library Static Controller

Z Wave Version 6.81 (not 4.55)

Bootloader Version 0.00

When I go toZ-Wave tab, I do not have a line to shift control to another controller.

What is the problem?

I should have been clearer.  I am attempting to shift control to another controller, but that is not an option in my menu.  I posted my Z Wave version only because the prerequisites mentioned 4.55 and I wondered if the option was not their because I had upgraded to the newer Z Wave board.  My problems with my Z Wave Network will be posted in another place when I get the missing  shift control issue solved.

Edited by RRoyceus
Spelling error
1 hour ago, simplextech said:

Do you have another hub or ISY or z-wave controller added as a secondary controller?

I have both a SmartThings and a Hubitat that could be used.  They are both turned on and Working.  I got them to try and test zigbee devices on a very limited basis.  My problem is there is no menu choice to shift control.

1 hour ago, RRoyceus said:

I have both a SmartThings and a Hubitat that could be used.  They are both turned on and Working.  I got them to try and test zigbee devices on a very limited basis.  My problem is there is no menu choice to shift control.

You have to add a controller to the ISY as a secondary controller before there is anything to "shift".  I think you can add SmartThings as a secondary but I never have and frankly wouldn't try as it may not "shift" back to the ISY and you would have to exclude and include all of your z-wave devices again.  I'm also pretty sure you can't use Hubitat for this either because it does not support secondary controllers.

Looking at your previous posts your Z-Wave firmware is fine.  There's nothing there to update. (unless I'm blind which could be because it's late).

I just upgraded my ISY994i to v5.0.16C and my Insteon thermostat 2441ZTH is no longer working.  The temperature field is blank.  I believe the other values are still accurate, but I have not tested thoroughly.  The "Setpoint Up" and "Setpoint Down" buttons throw errors.  I deleted the thermostat and re-linked it, but that did not solve the problem.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Below is the screen shot and the result of a query.

EDIT: I logged back in hours later and now the temperature is showing up.  I don't know what changed, but I tried manually querying the device earlier and that did not make the temperature appear.

query results.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by insteonaus

Currently using 5.0.15.  Just tried to replace a SwitchLinc with another existing SwitchLinc.  Seems to have done the removal but having difficulty with the replacement.  Probably will have to reboot.

Elapsed 00:00:09.979 : Loading Variables
Elapsed 00:00:10.386 : Loading Node Definitions
Elapsed 00:00:10.583 : Loading Nodes
Elapsed 00:00:11.329 : Creating Widgets
Elapsed 00:00:15.314 : Creating Widgets Complete
Sun 03/29/2020 02:34:35 PM : Starting Subscription
Sun 03/29/2020 02:34:36 PM : Completing initialization
Sun 03/29/2020 02:34:36 PM : Refreshing Status
Sun 03/29/2020 02:34:36 PM : Refreshing Views
Sun 03/29/2020 02:36:11 PM : [28 F0 89 1  ] Start : Removing device from ISY
Sun 03/29/2020 02:36:11 PM : [28 F0 89 1  ] Finish : Removing from ISY was Successful
Sun 03/29/2020 02:36:12 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices
Sun 03/29/2020 02:36:12 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices
Sun 03/29/2020 02:36:12 PM : [1D B6 E0 1] Start : Replace device with '28 F0 89 1' type='1 20 41 0'
Sun 03/29/2020 02:36:12 PM : [  4F 98 83 1]      DON   1
Sun 03/29/2020 02:38:11 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later
Sun 03/29/2020 02:40:10 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later
Sun 03/29/2020 02:42:08 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later
Sun 03/29/2020 02:44:07 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later
Sun 03/29/2020 02:46:06 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later
Sun 03/29/2020 02:48:05 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later
Sun 03/29/2020 02:50:05 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later
Sun 03/29/2020 02:52:04 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later
Sun 03/29/2020 02:54:04 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later
Sun 03/29/2020 02:56:03 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later
Sun 03/29/2020 02:58:02 PM : [SCENE-MANAGER    ] Possible deadlock when accessing scene info, try again later

Sorry in advance if I missed something, but having some time on my hands this week I decided to upgrade my ISY994i IR/PRO from 4.7.5 to 5.016RC1.  The upgrade went fine overall, however I ran into a problem with REST commands. I am using DemoPAD as a universal remote control for my whole house which is exclusively INSTEON devices for lighting.  These commands worked perfectly every time with 4.7.5 however they do not work at all with 5.0.16RC1.  I searched through the REST API docs for any changes that might have affected the syntax, but I was not able to find anything.  

The command syntax that was working in 4.7.5 is as follows.

GET rest/nodes/24%20E6%20F9%201/cmd/DOF  HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHost: 192.xxx.x.xxx\x0D\x0AAuthorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A

Is this a known issue or has the syntax changed from what has been documented?  I downgraded back to 4.7.5 and all is well again.

Edited by jsiemon

My ISY-994I stopped letting me log in today! I can pull up the ISY Finder

image.png.5aef69adf7ca820cbf67f009a83c537c.png

When I try to log in with the Admin portal, the admin/admin does not work. hen, I tried to log into the ISY Dashboard, and it failed: 

image.png.4f09366b09e39560f53338068c063ae9.png

Help! How can I get in?

image.png

Well, I did this procedure,  and now my error light is constantly flashing.  I  then tried holding the reset button for 30+ seconds,  but no luck. 

My ISY is a brick now. Is there any hope?

2 hours ago, Clif said:

Well, I did this procedure,  and now my error light is constantly flashing.  I  then tried holding the reset button for 30+ seconds,  but no luck. 

My ISY is a brick now. Is there any hope?

If you held the reset button for 30 seconds, then you factory reset your ISY.  It's easy to recover, provided you have a good backup.  If you don't have a backup you can restore, then you will have to reconfigure your ISY and start over.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Resetting_Your_ISY