Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

Could someone Point me to the firmware files. The link in the top thread here downloads a folder with a larger number of files, not a file my Isy994i/IR Pro is asking for.

Am I missing something, or the link? Please help. Newish at this, but have a pretty robust system for over a year so I am not completely dumb. 

Thanks again.

12 minutes ago, Samedarkclouds said:

Could someone Point me to the firmware files. The link in the top thread here downloads a folder with a larger number of files, not a file my Isy994i/IR Pro is asking for.

Am I missing something, or the link? Please help. Newish at this, but have a pretty robust system for over a year so I am not completely dumb. 

Thanks again.

1st page on this thread under "Install" Item #3 are the links to the firmware.. 

Recommend reading the entire 1st post

35 minutes ago, Samedarkclouds said:

...downloads a folder with a larger number of files, not a file my Isy994i/IR Pro is asking for...

I'm betting you're using a Mac.  Your browser is automagically expanding the "zip" file and showing you the contents.  You'll want to download the zip file as a single file.  Not being an Apple-person, I don't know how you do that - just that many on this forum have encountered this same problem.  So if you need more info, I'd suggest a deeper search for firmware issues with Macs might find exactly the solution you need.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Samedarkclouds said:

I recommend reading my entire post, as well. I stated that I used them, but they didn't download a file. It's ok. MWester helped.

Glad it is sorted out. I was just trying to help as there is a lot of information in that post, sorry you took it the wrong way. I use a Mac also and did not experience that otherwise I might have been more helpful to you. I honestly was not sure where your references were pointing toward so tried to help steer you in the right direction. Enjoy the upgrade and good luck. 

• Thanks 1

Running into a problem after upgrade to 5.0.1.6b with one of my garage door modules. When I close the door, it closes all the way, then opens, then stops almost immediatly.

(If this is not the correct forum for this post, please let me know and I will move it accordingly.)

If I unplug the garage door module, the door works fine.

Functionality was working fine prior to upgrade. 

My programming for door is as follows

Garage Door Open (Auto)

If

'Garage/Bay1/Garage Door 1 Status' Status is On

Then

'Set Garage/Bay1/Garage Door 1 Control' On

If Garage Door 1 is Closed

If 

'Garage/Bay1/Garage Door 1 Status' Status is On

Then

Else

'Set Garage/Bay1/Garage Door 1 Control' Fast On

Garage Door Open When I Arrive

If

$Homebass_1_New Geofence is 1

Then

Run Program 'Garage Door Open (Auto)' (if)

Garage Door already open when I arrive

If 

$Homebass_1_New Geofence is 1

And 'Garage/Bay1/Garage Door 1 Status' Status is Off

Then

Else

Edited by douyon
No responce. Not sure if this is the correct place for this question
12 hours ago, mwester said:

I'm betting you're using a Mac.  Your browser is automagically expanding the "zip" file and showing you the contents.  You'll want to download the zip file as a single file.  Not being an Apple-person, I don't know how you do that - just that many on this forum have encountered this same problem.  So if you need more info, I'd suggest a deeper search for firmware issues with Macs might find exactly the solution you need.

right click on the link and chose "Download linked file" and the zip stays together. 

I recently received my polisy pro and so i need to upgrade my isy so i can start using it...

Need some help / guidance..    I tried this upgrade from the 4.7.3 release, zwave 4.55..  but i had the following problems and rolled back.  can anyone give me some advice to mitigate them, or do i just have to manually record all of this before i start and then fix all of these things:

1. zwave devices were brought back after the synchronize, but without names, just by ID numbers... i have a LOT of devices, so manually naming them all again would be painful

2. all of my scenes were empty, it appears i would need to manually re-add devices to them again, i'm not sure what else this might break since they are referenced by other devices and cloud services

3. i have the elk connectivity in place, all of my elk devices were gone and thus programs which related to them were broken when i tried reimporting them

4. my notification emails configuration was gone, so was my email service config

thankfully, the device has a very clean recovery process, i downgraded the firmware back to 4.7.3 and reapplied my backup and the only thing that didn't recover was my email server information, so i was back in service again fairly quickly.

before i experiment again, i figured i would reach out to all of you for hopefully a cleaner path to upgrade.  i'm excited to start messing with my polisy pro....

THANKS!

13 minutes ago, mwester said:

Just a guess - but it sounds like maybe you didn't update your UI to match the new firmware release?  That's the first thing I'd check when you seem to have so many things "gone missing".

oooooooo....  is that a separate download?   did i miss something in the upgrade instructions?

I've just upgraded to my ISY944 (uuid:00:21:b9:02:25:cf) with Zwave to Insteon V 5.0.16B.   After the upgrade I shifted the z-wave controller to secondary and did an update for the z-wave software.   It still remained at 4.55.0 bootloader 1.03.

I've tried this several times, several variations - unable to get z-wave version to budge.   Any thoughts?  Did I need an updated dongle?

Other product info is:

Product is ISY 994i 1120
open ADR 21010
A10/X10 for Insteon 21060
Zwave 21100
Portal Integration 21075

Thanks!

1 hour ago, jjd said:

I've just upgraded to my ISY944 (uuid:00:21:b9:02:25:cf) with Zwave to Insteon V 5.0.16B.   After the upgrade I shifted the z-wave controller to secondary and did an update for the z-wave software.   It still remained at 4.55.0 bootloader 1.03.

I've tried this several times, several variations - unable to get z-wave version to budge.   Any thoughts?  Did I need an updated dongle?

Other product info is:

Product is ISY 994i 1120
open ADR 21010
A10/X10 for Insteon 21060
Zwave 21100
Portal Integration 21075

Thanks!

That is the latest Z-Wave version.. you are good to go. 

Hum...what confuses me is that I've seen posts that say "   Z-WAVE Version ------    6.81.00" etc.    And "before you upgrade make sure you're at 4.55.....  So where did this "6.81.00" come from?  (i.e. I see posts with higher than 4.55 as a zwave dongle version...)

I've not touched my ISY in a year + and was a bit frustrated to not be able to find a nice table that had:

Product     Version     Link    

ISY944        1.0        xxxx
ISY944         1.5       xxxx
ISY944i       1.5        xxxx

etc.

Did I miss something?   WIth most companies you can go to the 'current products" page and click on a 'firmware' link to just get to the latest firmware page for the device.   Was a pain to search through posts to ferret out and divine the pointer to the update.

8 minutes ago, jjd said:

Hum...what confuses me is that I've seen posts that say "   Z-WAVE Version ------    6.81.00" etc.    And "before you upgrade make sure you're at 4.55.....  So where did this "6.81.00" come from?  (i.e. I see posts with higher than 4.55 as a zwave dongle version...)

I've not touched my ISY in a year + and was a bit frustrated to not be able to find a nice table that had:

Product     Version     Link    

ISY944        1.0        xxxx
ISY944         1.5       xxxx
ISY944i       1.5        xxxx

etc.

Did I miss something?   WIth most companies you can go to the 'current products" page and click on a 'firmware' link to just get to the latest firmware page for the device.   Was a pain to search through posts to ferret out and divine the pointer to the update.

You're assuming there are updates when there are none. You're looking at old information that no longer applies.

There are 2 zwave dongle. The old 300 series which is what you have and the new 500 series. You're reading information that applies to the 500 series as it's firmware is different than the 300 series. 

There's no table because there has not been any updates for the dongle that you have. None for the new dongle that's out either. 

8 hours ago, jjd said:

Did I need an updated dongle?

Yes, you need a new series 500 dongle to get to 6.81.00.  The new dongle reports as is shown in the screenshot.  It does not need a bootloader unlike the previous version.  Your older series 300 dongle will remain at the firmware/bootloader versions you're seeing reported.  I'd contact sales at Universal Devices, or visit the Orchestrated Home website.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 6.13.10 AM.png

1 hour ago, Bumbershoot said:

Yes, you need a new series 500 dongle to get to 6.81.00.  The new dongle reports as is shown in the screenshot.  It does not need a bootloader unlike the previous version.  Your older series 300 dongle will remain at the firmware/bootloader versions you're seeing reported.  I'd contact sales at Universal Devices, or visit the Orchestrated Home website.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 6.13.10 AM.png

So this thread has gotten me a bit confused. When and why does the z-wave dongle need upgrading?  Are there any notes around this? The z-wave prerequisites on this thread (page1) says that 4.55 is adequate. 

I am on 5.16b,  with z-wave Version 4.55.00, boot loader version 1.03, and Wave (21100) See below screenshots. Z-wave devices seem to be working as expected. 

Thanks,

1 minute ago, dbwarner5 said:

So this thread has gotten me a bit confused. When and why does the z-wave dongle need upgrading?  Are there any notes around this? The z-wave prerequisites on this thread (page1) says that 4.55 is adequate. 

I am on 5.16b,  with z-wave Version 4.55.00, boot loader version 1.03, and Wave (21100) See below screenshots. Z-wave devices seem to be working as expected. 

Thanks,

Z-Wave Plus certification

• Thanks 1