Support thread for: PG3x 3.1.25

I did the update on my eisy (which I am not yet using) and I can no longer log into the web page at :3000 - I never changed the eisy credentials from admin:admin - and they no longer work - any suggestions how I can get in?

Nevermind - power cycle fixed it

Edited by JTsao
  • Like 1

Power cycling seems to be the best way to reset the eisy.  In theory, there should not be any difference between a reboot and power cycle.  But based on all the reports here, a power cycle seems to fix things that a reboot dosen't.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JTsao said:

I updated my Polisy to IoX 3.6.0 this morning and PG3 also updated to 3.1.25

I think you should open a support ticket for this issue. Nobody else has reported this happening to Polisy during this update. The PG3 to PG3x upgrade on Polisy was an entirely different process. I would be shocked if UDI "forced" it as part of this IoX upgrade. Since there aren't others posting that this happened it's likely you unknowingly ran the update when you asked about it a few weeks ago even though you had an error from it. Did you ever submit a ticket then like @bpwwer suggested or did you just leave it as was at the time?

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/

@JTsao based on your ticket, I don't think this is useful to you now, but might help someone else later.

When PG3x migrates node servers from PG3, it leaves them in the disconnected state.  You need to manually start the node servers after migration.  You're post says you tried "rebooting, power cycling and restarting PG3x" and none of those steps will attempt to start the node servers when they've been previously stopped. 

PG3 and PG3x remember the last state of node servers.  If you stop a node server, it won't be automatically restarted, you have to start it.  In this case it's the migration process that stops all the node servers so they can be migrated, but it still relies on the user to start them back up.

• Like 2

Thanks, but I was not able to start/stop or restart node servers either - I opened a ticket and was told to do a restore from a PG3 backup - now PG3/PG3x is apparently not even starting up but at least I am in communication with the UDI team to hopefully get things working again - I am speculating that the migrate to PG3x restore option may have been a good option from where I was at (I forget what it is specifically called) - unfortunately, I guess no one has tried to get PG3x 3.1.25 running on a Polisy yet...

Yeah, that wasn't me that said to restore the PG3 backup, I would have liked to see a PG3x log after you tried starting a node server.

I've done the PG3 -> PG3x migration on a Polisy a couple of times to test it, but that's the not same as having it run in the real world.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@bpwwer - I think there is a remaining problem from my migration to PG3x 3.1.25 on the Polisy - I haven't been doing much with the Polisy since you fixed the ownership/permissions issue and it appeared that everything was working, but the water level in my pool was going down and I was getting notifications that it was not being auto-refilled - long story short, the Weatherbit node server does not appear to be working - I tried re-installing, re-starting PG3x and rebooting the Polisy and nothing works - it reports this in the log - any ideas on how to fix?

"2023-05-06 13:14:04,135 Thread-19 udi_interface ERROR query:query_conditions: No response object in query response."

EDIT: I just noticed the short and long poll times were modified to smaller than allowed values, I have increased back to match the free plan (1800/43200), but still not working yet...

EDIT2: It appears to be working now (I think) - it has non-zero data - not sure what fixed it...

Edited by JTsao

When you exceed the number of queries allowed per whatever plan you're using, the queries will fail until that limit is reset (I think daily). So depending on the time when it exceeds the limit, it could be a while before it is reset.

I should add some checking for the limit being exceeded and display a notice when that happens.  I'll put that on the list, but don't know when I'll have time to work on it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I attempted to upgrade to PG3x, and it has not gone well.

Polisy IoX 5.6.0

Polyglot 3x "Home" tab says in red "Not connected to server... Try refreshing the page."  "PG3x Version 3.1.20", "Status:Disconnected PG3x Restart Required", Frontend Version: 3.1.26", "IoX Version:Disconnected"

Polyglot 3x "Dashboard" tab says in red "No IoX was automatically discovered on your local network.  Please configure it in the IoX menu to proceed."  Also says "No IoX found.  Please add one!.  I have tried "Add New IoX", but nothing happens. "Auto Discover IoX's" also does nothing.

6 hours ago, carealtor said:

I attempted to upgrade to PG3x, and it has not gone well.

"Status:Disconnected PG3x Restart Required", 

That usually means you need to restart PG3x from the top menu. Have you tried that?

I'm not at my computer, but I believe restart is at top right menu, maybe under Systems (?).

11 hours ago, carealtor said:

Polyglot 3x "Home" tab says in red "Not connected to server... Try refreshing the page."  "PG3x Version 3.1.20", "Status:Disconnected PG3x Restart Required", Frontend Version: 3.1.26", "IoX Version:Disconnected"

When the UI is disconnected from the server you can't really do anything at all in the UI. 

Typically, this means that the server (or MQTT broker) isn't running.  I would suggest running the upgrade packages from the admin console (even if you already did this) and then rebooting the Polisy.

31 minutes ago, carealtor said:

Rebooted Polisy again, but still no joy.

How did you reboot Polisy?

I know UD has stated there is no difference, but it has been my experience that there is a difference between rebooting and shutting down, removing power for 30 seconds, and then powering back up.

I would suggest trying a graceful shutdown with 3 presses of the multifunction button, removing the power cord and plugging power back in after 30 seconds.

@DennisC  I previously tried both "Polisy Reboot" in the AC and physically unplugging it.  I just now tried the three presses of the multifunction button, but it's weird.  There is no beep when I push it like the wiki says.  I tried 3 quick presses and nothing happened.  I thought maybe I was doing it too quick, so I pressed the button and held it for a bit.  Still no beep.  Seems maybe my multifunction button doesn't even work?

26 minutes ago, carealtor said:

@DennisC  I previously tried both "Polisy Reboot" in the AC and physically unplugging it.  I just now tried the three presses of the multifunction button, but it's weird.  There is no beep when I push it like the wiki says.  I tried 3 quick presses and nothing happened.  I thought maybe I was doing it too quick, so I pressed the button and held it for a bit.  Still no beep.  Seems maybe my multifunction button doesn't even work?

3 button presses should gracefully shutdown Polisy. Afterwards unplug it and then plug it back in after a short wait 

@DennisC  I've tried at least a dozen times to activate the Safely Shutdown with 3 presses, but it just won't work for some reason.  A couple of times I did get a beep out of it and it seemed to reboot, but never got a shutdown.  Again, I don't think my multifunction button works.  Not your problem of course, just letting you know where I'm at.

3 hours ago, carealtor said:

@DennisC  Yeah, tried lots of restarting and rebooting.

@bpwwer  I had not tried running the upgrade packages, but now I have.  Rebooted Polisy again, but still no joy.

What is interesting is everything seems to still be working.  Is that because PG3 is still in place and running?

What do you mean everything seems to still be working?

Do you mean that node servers are running and updating values in the AC?

If that's the case, then have you tried logging out of the UI and logging back in?  It's possible that the browser has cached credentials for PG3  and that those don't work for PG3x.

PG3x no longer has it's own username/password database and instead authenticates against the IoX username and password as set for the local IoX.

19 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

Do you mean that node servers are running and updating values in the AC?

Yes.  Sorry, should have been clearer.

22 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

If that's the case, then have you tried logging out of the UI and logging back in?  It's possible that the browser has cached credentials for PG3  and that those don't work for PG3x.

PG3x no longer has it's own username/password database and instead authenticates against the IoX username and password as set for the local IoX.

Oof.  Yup, that did it.  Logged out and back in and now there is much joy.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1