Could not get the motion to respond in a scene or program

captainc
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

after i got the node server installed each ring doorbell showed a motion node and online node.  i played around for a short while can could not get the motion to respond in a scene or program.  i didn't have the time to go further and look into how to make it work as a true motion detector which i am hoping to turn on lights and other things.

my trial is expired so i will have to buy the node and hopefully get the information to get it working.  it's at another house i am at half the week.

there did not appear to be any instructions like all the other node servers i have purchased.

23 hours ago, captainc said:

after i got the node server installed each ring doorbell showed a motion node and online node.  i played around for a short while can could not get the motion to respond in a scene or program.  i didn't have the time to go further and look into how to make it work as a true motion detector which i am hoping to turn on lights and other things.

my trial is expired so i will have to buy the node and hopefully get the information to get it working.  it's at another house i am at half the week.

there did not appear to be any instructions like all the other node servers i have purchased.

Post your programs 

• Like 1
On 5/20/2023 at 6:20 PM, captainc said:

You need to use Control in the program and not status to see the motion nodes.

i did just figure that out, i guess i wasn't far enough in front of the doorbell for it to see motion.  i just thought it was a little strange it had the same switch icon as the insteon motion detection where you use status to control nodes and have more options.

i have one last slot on my voice annunciator for people coming to the door for fun.

for extra fun after i get my occupancy going i can fire up the alarm and strobe when i'm not home.

i have one ring i have to use batteries so getting a notification when the battery is low is nice.

Edited by captainc