Cant Login pg3

Im not a super user, but I just cant seem to log into PG3. I enter my credentials and it just looks silently at me. I tried reboot, upgrade packages, all my passwords etc. Can someone direct me to a clever solution or a description of what to do that isn't 30 pages of an error log which, sadly, means nothing to me. 

Thank You!

To Access your UD devices PG server on Polisy / eisy open a web browser and enter https://YOUR DEVICES IP:3000/

If this is the first time logging into the Polisy / eisy you will told by  your browser that the site is unsafe. Ignore this and continue by clicking on the small print usually saying something like, "Continue to web page"

I'm going to cover both PG3 and PG3x, but I believe you have a Polisy running PG3 as you didn't give any product information I'll also cover PG3x on eisy, but most likely you need the Polisy sections.

Once you open the web page you should see the following web page. It may say PG3 and not 3X, that is just fine. it's just a slightly different version of PG

2023-06-01_23-59-16.thumb.png.d4c7d371be52be30a7835acd9dfbccab.png

Now if you haven't set a password use the following login credentials:

User: admin

Password: admin

If you have changed the password and cannot remember what it is you can follow the procedure below to reset the password.

Polisy
I don't believe Polisy can be updated from AC so you need to use the multi function button on the front panel. The small hole in the front. I use a paper clip to press it.

Multi Function Button

Multifunction.png

There's a little multi function button behind the very small hole on the front of the unit. This button has multiple purposes outlined below. Every click on the button will cause the unit to beep.

If the button does not behave as described below, please update Polisy.

Reset Credentials

Press and hold the button till the first LED (from the left) starts blinking then release. This action resets the following passwords to the default (admin/admin😞

• SSH
  • Polyglot v2
  • ISY on Polisy (IoP)

Be sure to change the passwords for these sections after you log-in again.

eisy simply use AC to change the password.

Reset Credentials

Starting with the eisy the password is managed through the Admin Console user/pass settings. Changing the admin password in Admin Console (via IoX Launcher) will update PG3x login and will keep the ISY on eisy in sync. It is no longer necessary to change the password in multiple places.

Eisy-AC-set admin user and pass1.jpg

Eisy-AC-set admin user and pass2.jpg

Edited by kzboray

I am on eisy and looking to login to polyglot version 3x. I can get to the login page, but trying default passwords or trying my AC passwords won't do anything. The interface just sits unaffected. How might I proceed?

Let's backup a moment. After accessing the PG3x login screen on eisy, you first need to login in with your UD portal credentials. The login screen for this should pop up, if it doesn't, check your browser settings.

After successfully logging in to the portal, you can then login to PG3x, using the same credentials as for the admin console.

Now, where exactly is your login failing?

• Like 1

Is your system linked to ISY Portal?   If not please add to Portal, the system does not require a subscription it simply needs to exist.  After this is added try again.

If that does not work please open an incognito browser, which will prevent any saved data from interfering with login (in Chrome this is the 3 dots at the top right > new incognito Window).  Then open developer tools (in Chrome this is the 3 dots at the top right > More Tools > Developer Tools).  Click the network Tab in Developer Tools.  Now go to the PG3 web interface and attempt to login.  Do you see any network requests (under Name) in red?

My system is linked to ISY portal.

I get to the PG3X login screen, i input my UD portal credentials, click the login button... nothing. Screen remains unchanged.

Also, im on a MacBook with safari.  

Pre thanks to you folks for trying to help me!

14 minutes ago, oamber said:

I get to the PG3X login screen, i input my UD portal credentials, click the login button... nothing. Screen remains unchanged.

Sorry, I'm still not clear, are you seeing the popup login box for the portal and can you successfully log in to your portal account? 

Your portal credentials do not go on the PG3x login screen, there should be a popup that appears for the portal login.

Maybe attach a screenshot, just to be sure we are talking about the same thing.

When PG3x process a login request, it sends back either a success or fail message that will pop up on the screen. If you're not getting that (I.E. nothing happens when you press login). That indicates that PG3x was not able to get a response when it tried to authenticate your login and thus has nothing to pass back to the browser.

If you have not yet updated the system, I'd recommend that you first do a "Upgrade Packages" from the admin console's configuration tab.  Depending on what all needs to be updated, this can take 15 or more minutes.

After the system has been upgraded, it will need to reboot.  Either reboot the system from the admin console's configuration tab or pull the power wait 10 seconds and re-apply power.

If your system is up-to-date, then it may just need a reboot.

Unauthorized means just that. You've entered a username or password that is not correct.

PG3x uses the IoX to authenticate so the usernames and passwords are the same as the ones configured in the Admin Console.  Whatever you use to log in to the Admin Console is what you use to log into PG3.

21 hours ago, bpwwer said:

Unauthorized means just that. You've entered a username or password that is not correct.

PG3x uses the IoX to authenticate so the usernames and passwords are the same as the ones configured in the Admin Console.  Whatever you use to log in to the Admin Console is what you use to log into PG3.

I had this SAME issue last week.  I copied @bpwweron the email.  It said unauthorized.  A full reboot of polisy fixed my issue.   Been ok Since.

After waiting a few days I tried to login again, and this time it worked no problems. Im not sure what fixed it but patience payed off! 
Thanks to all who helped me with this.
I had the exact same issue, Bob couldn't figure it out then when I came back the next morning to debug and it just worked.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

PG3x uses another UDI component called UDX to authenticate.  UDX does a bunch of system level tasks for the eisy (and Polisy) including the package upgrade process. 

Depending on what state the system is in, when UDX starts it may have a lot of work to do, my guess is that sometimes it is so busy doing other stuff (maybe trying to bring the system up-to-date) that it can't properly service PG3x's request for authentication.  The result could be that the process seems to hang so that nothing happens when you click login or you get authentication failed as above.  

Once UDX is finished and is able to service the request, things start working.  

This is just my guess.  UDX is mostly a black box to me, I don't know anything about it's internal workings.

PG3x also had dependencies on a MQTT service and the IoX firmware so it could be something related to one of those as well.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Would be nice if there were a more robust error message. It seem like often my program do not run and I have to spend a lot of time figuring out A: How to log into Polyglot and B: trying to figure out which service is not running properly.

This was supposed to be plug and play and now all my greenhouse plants are dead since the fan did not turn on  :)

There were a log of things that changed with the eisy release.  Probably too many.  We're working to make it better and get things to be more stable.

Many people have no issues at all and everything seem to work as intended.  But for others (as shown by the posts here and other threads) it just doesn't.  

It seems like a lot of the issues occur during the update process and things are getting updated quite frequently.

If nothing happens when clicking the login button for PG3x, it means that UDX is not sending back a response when PG3x tries to authenticate.  PG3x is simply waiting for that response that never seems to come.

The first thing to try is to simply reboot the box.

If a reboot doesn't work, then you may need to run (or re-run) the upgrade process ("Upgrade Packages" from admin console, followed by reboot, followed by a refresh/reload of the PG3x browser page).

If that still doesn't work, you'll need to submit a ticket.