ZMatter USB Installation Steps?

fmk2

I've migrated my ISY to the eISY, and all my Insteon units are working well.  I now want to add a couple Z-Wave switches that I formerly controlled with a Hubitat via a Polyglot unit.  So I purchased the Z-Matter USB option, and have plugged it into the eISY.  I can see the "Z-Wave" menu drop-down in the AD, but I want to know if there's anything I need to do before adding Z-Wave devices.

For example, on the Configuration->System tab, I have "Z-Wave Support" checked.  But I also see a button labeled "Migrate to ZMatter Z-Wave".  Since I wasn't using the ISY's internal Z-Wave, I assume I don't need to click that button because I have no existing Z-Wave devices to migrate, but is that a correct assumption?

In short, my question is: What are the steps to take after plugging in a ZMatter USB and before adding Z-Wave devices?

The lack of documentation on this is really frustrating, by the way. There really should be some installation instructions included with the unit, or at least a QR code link to online documentation.  Maybe just plugging it in and clicking the "Z-Wave Support" checkbox is all there is to it, but there's no way to know that because it's not documented anywhere.

Never mind... I decided to just go for it.  I've been able to add one of the Z-Wave switches (enbrighten ZW3010) successfully after doing a factory reset on it.  It seems to be working.

Frank

Since you are starting a new ZWave installation, you need to add your devices from scratch. Be sure to exclude before including a ZWave device.

When you are done installing ZWave devices, go to the top level menu and do a complete ZWave backup, followed by a eisy backup under the file menu.