Support thread for: PG3x v3.1.36 (July 11, 2023)

27 minutes ago, n8ur9irl said:

I have eisy Iox 5.6.2. Upgrading  Polyglot Version 3x 3.1.36.

You’re showing still on PG3x 3.1.33. This was a known issue with that version and fixed in 3.1.36.

Best to press the button 6 times to shut down (power light should turn red after 30-60 seconds). Once red press it again to turn on. 

If it doesn’t shutdown then pull the power supply. Wait a little bit and power back up. Allow about 2 min to fully boot then try PG3x to see if you’re still on 3.1.33. 

Then use admin console and upgrade packages to get 3.1.36 installed. Will need to reboot once it is installed. 

@Michel Kohanim Not true, PG3X shows in the upper left corner. I also can’t seem to get the fw up to 5.6.3. I should point out that this is a brand new eisy and setting it up as a blank slate, IOW, I’m not transferring from an ISY994.

I also have a Z-Matter dongle plugged in, but the z-wave menu in the AC shows “Z-wave dongle not responding “. I have the z-wave box in the configuration tab checked.

Edited by Dr. Q
1 hour ago, Dr. Q said:

Not true, PG3X shows in the upper left corner. I also can’t seem to get the fw up to 5.6.3. I should point out that this is a brand new eisy and setting it up as a blank slate, IOW, I’m not transferring from an ISY994.

I also have a Z-Matter dongle plugged in, but the z-wave menu in the AC shows “Z-wave dongle not responding “. I have the z-wave box in the configuration tab checked.

You need to include a quote or a ping (like this)  @Michel Kohanim to get his attention back. He is a busy man and doesn't read every post for entertainment purposes.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Dr. Q said:

@Michel Kohanim Not true, PG3X shows in the upper left corner. I also can’t seem to get the fw up to 5.6.3. I should point out that this is a brand new eisy and setting it up as a blank slate, IOW, I’m not transferring from an ISY994.

Your best bet is to open a ticket.  https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/  

• Like 1
On 7/16/2023 at 5:02 PM, Dr. Q said:

@Michel Kohanim Not true, PG3X shows in the upper left corner. I also can’t seem to get the fw up to 5.6.3. I should point out that this is a brand new eisy

You said you've tried all the tricks, but have you physically pulled the power supply to force a restart? There have been some hang-ups in the update process that even hitting "reboot" in admin console did not actually force a total reboot of the eisy. That seems to have been fixed most recently, but make sure you've pulled the power, wait 10-20 seconds, plug back in, wait 3-5 minutes then try logging into admin console and checking firmware/UI version. Then try logging into PG3x and checking that version.

If you still aren't up to 3.1.36 log out of PG3x then attempt an "upgrade packages" button push in admin console.

If you've done all that then support ticket is your best option (as suggested above). 

8 minutes ago, Geddy said:

You said you've tried all the tricks, but have you physically pulled the power supply to force a restart? There have been some hang-ups in the update process that even hitting "reboot" in admin console did not actually force a total reboot of the eisy. That seems to have been fixed most recently, but make sure you've pulled the power, wait 10-20 seconds, plug back in, wait 3-5 minutes then try logging into admin console and checking firmware/UI version. Then try logging into PG3x and checking that version.

If you still aren't up to 3.1.36 log out of PG3x then attempt an "upgrade packages" button push in admin console.

If you've done all that then support ticket is your best option (as suggested above). 

Yep, tried sneaker-net reboot (pulling the power) as well. I'll try it again for longer; if that doesn't do it, I'll write up a ticket. Thanks, @Geddy.

• Like 1

I don't use any node servers, but I try to keep PG3x up to date. I did the 3.1.3.6 update the other day and everything went fine. Today it's not letting me login, I'm getting a 408 Request Timeout error. I did a reboot but I'm getting the same thing. What can I try to troubleshoot?

image.jpeg.eac26677b8291b986db3a86c4f985ae3.jpeg

I don't use any node servers, but I try to keep PG3x up to date. I did the 3.1.3.6 update the other day and everything went fine. Today it's not letting me login, I'm getting a 408 Request Timeout error. I did a reboot but I'm getting the same thing. What can I try to troubleshoot?
http://d2z8ydsemzif1x.cloudfront.net/monthly_2023_07/image.jpeg.eac26677b8291b986db3a86c4f985ae3.jpeg

This means that UDX is not working.

Troubleshooting steps:
1. Leave it a bit of time after boot up
2. Power down, wait a few secs, power on
3. In SSH: sudo service udx restart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, vbPhil said:

Thanks. The power down fixed it.

I guess reboot isn't the same as a power cycle.

In general, a system reboot and a system power cycle are the same.  However, the Admin Console 'Reboot" button doesn't always cause a system reboot.  

I believe the button tells IoX to call UDX which then initiates the system reboot.  So if UDX isn't working, the reboot button won't work.  In this case, you either have to log into the box and issue the command directly or power cycle.

That's why power cycle always works but reboot doesn't.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, mmb said:

Is PG 3.1.36 generally available?

If you're on 3.1.21 are you on Polisy and still on PG3 (not PG3x)? 

Based on current release area 3.1.21 was the last mentioned release for Polisy PG3 - https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/41246-pg3-version-3121-polisy-may-22nd-2023/

To get beyond that you would need to update to PG3x (please note that doing so will remove PG2 from the Polisy. 

To move to PG3x on the Polisy the process is in the wiki - Polisy User Guide.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Geddy said:

If you're on 3.1.21 are you on Polisy and still on PG3 (not PG3x)? 

Based on current release area 3.1.21 was the last mentioned release for Polisy PG3 - https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/41246-pg3-version-3121-polisy-may-22nd-2023/

To get beyond that you would need to update to PG3x (please note that doing so will remove PG2 from the Polisy. 

To move to PG3x on the Polisy the process is in the wiki - Polisy User Guide.

Thanks @Geddy I'm not on PG3x.

I fail on a cert error on the first line of the wiki.

Is this a known issue?

Capture.thumb.PNG.4597ec53e9e75fe30ef1dabccf6e2e18.PNG

28 minutes ago, Athlon said:

Just go past that - it's safe to do so. (The message is normal and just a warning - not a fatal stop.)

@Geddy @Athlon  Thanks it seems Firefox gives you a dead stop whereas Chrome allows you to proceed.

Onto the next problem.  After reinstall all nodes, I'm stuck here.

I did a reboot, ssh reboot, power down restart.

My only node MQTT server is running but the interface seems messed up.

Capture.PNG.848c245758bad76cb0568499d940c31f.PNG

Edited by mmb
1 minute ago, mmb said:

Onto the next problem.  After reinstall all nodes, I'm stuck here.

I did a reboot, ssh reboot, power down restart.

Marched right into PG3x! 

Have you pulled the power supply? Or just using the reboot button in admin console and ssh commands? 

Make sure you're forcing a refresh of the webpage. Sometimes cache will get stuck and report incorrectly. 

Odd that your IoX is showing disconnected. 

I've never made the jump from PG3 to PG3x on the Polisy so not sure what all is going on. You might need to run Upgrade Packages again from admin console to get things to run correctly.

Make sure once you get things matching in this that you go through the "re-install nodeserver" step. 

On 7/10/2023 at 9:08 PM, bmercier said:

After updating to 3.1.36, please click on System | Reinstall all node servers

That is often times something people have been missing. It's not broken out as a step to focus on, but certainly something that needs to be done following the PG3x update. But shouldn't be causing the issues you're at currently. That seems more like a power cycle will fix it or a forced web refresh. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Marched right into PG3x! 

That seems more like a power cycle will fix it or a forced web refresh.

Ok @Geddy got it running finally.

Another two power cycles, one fixed the ISY discovery, the second fixed the PG3x version.

Maybe I didn't allow enough time between previous reboots but I was waiting long enough to get the beeps.

• Like 1

@mmb Great! Glad it's working. Make sure you reinstall all node servers!

While I kind of miss the beeps of the Polisy I also saw it as troublesome because I was always on the other side of the house so couldn't hear the beeps when I would reboot the device. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Geddy said:

@mmb Great! Glad it's working. Make sure you reinstall all node servers!

While I kind of miss the beeps of the Polisy...

I did remember thanks @Geddy, I wish these changes came with expectation of estimated time.  As noted I may have rebooted before the process wasn't finished.

Does the new EISY have no sounds?

Last question, should I still be seeing PG2 Deprecated?

IMG_2694.jpg.ec78a86526c11fbf799c03b54d623303.jpg

12 minutes ago, mmb said:

Does the new EISY have no sounds?

Correct. There aren't any speakers on the eisy so no beeps. Flying blind on updates most of the time! :) I think a recent change in admin console does somehow alert you that updates completed if you leave the window open during updates. I haven't really worried about it as I usually run updates late at night when I'm the only one active and come back to it a while later and check that things are running as expected. 

15 minutes ago, mmb said:

Last question, should I still be seeing PG2 Deprecated?

I'm not sure about that. Since I don't have a Polisy I'm not sure if that would go away or not. What version IoX are you on? I'm not sure if UDI has something in the IoX Launcher code to know it it's connecting to a Polisy or not. 

For my eisy I just have the following:

image.png

Have you cleared our java cache and downloaded a new start.jnlp to see if it went away?