UD mobile crashing - iOS

SHM
Go to solution Solved by Javi,

Getting that often too. I get the message when on the iPhone I switch to another app or the Home Screen. Swipe up or over. I have been hitting the report to developer option most times but haven’t been putting in my email most times. Quick query: does that help you a lot ?

With regards to the Zigbee error. It should be removed in the next version of UDM.

I see multiple reports of this crash.  Will investigate today.

On 9/16/2023 at 10:14 AM, sjenkins said:

Quick query: does that help you a lot ?

It may be helpful, but always better if I'm told how to replicate.  Some of the crash reports contain no more than the Model, Firmware, and user notes and are missing logs.  I don't check Apple's reports often, unless someone says a crash report was submitted. Firebase is usually much better, although this crash is not showing in Firebase, likely because the app is backgrounded when the crash occurred.

• Like 1

All, 

I've reviewed the Apple's crash reports with user descriptions matching this issue however they are all empty and have no logs.   If anyone has a system where this happens everytime, or very frequently, and is willing to allow remote diagnostic please let me know. 

If interested please open a ticket or send me a Private Message.  Include a description on how to replicate, system UUID, and a UD Mobile Backup (Backup must be zipped to attach to ticket).  I will then give instructions to approve remote diagnostic after we link to our diagnostic portal. Diagnostic approval must be done from a local connection, approvals cannot be done from Portal.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks for trying.  At this point our only option is a iPhone System Diagnostic reports.

Is there a Jetsam logs at about the same time as the crash Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Analytic Data?  If there is please send to me.

If there is not a Jetsam log, please gather a sysdiagnose.  Instructions to generate a sysdiagnose report attached. Then send to me with the exact time of the crash.

sysdiagnose_Logging_Instructions.pdf

• Like 1

Javi, I too have been getting constant crashes when exiting UD Mobile.  This started about two and a half weeks ago I think. I used to report them with brief info about what I was doing but I've never gotten a reply so have stopped reporting, hoping some resolution would be posted.

Now I'm adding my voice to the mix.
I'm using an iPhone 13 ProMax, 1.1.22, 5.7.0, PG3x 3.2.7

I've also include the latest JetsamEvent file

Should I post a ticket?

I'm more that ready to do a remote if you'd like.
Let me know.

Thanks
Steve

JetsamEvent-2023-09-21-163428.ips

Hi @SteveBL,

My apologies, I never received notifications as a crash report is not generated.

iOS is terminating UDM because the cleanup process is not terminating within 5 seconds.  I cannot replicate this on any of my devices. So I'm going to try a few things but can't test solution myself.

Please let me know if this persist in the next version 1.1.23

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Javi said:

Beta is still awaiting approval from Apple.

Got this, and first use it did NOT crash. So that’s hopeful. Thanks for the update.

Any luck getting geofence crossings to work with the app not running (or in background). 

Running iOS 17.0.2. 

Any updates on the geofence not working? I've updated to the latest TestFlight version on two different iPhones but am still having numerous random geofence issues. Just wanted to see if others are still having issues or if it has become reliable for you again? I haven't submitted a ticket yet but plan on it if the issue has been resolved for others. 

1 hour ago, sumguy said:

Any updates on the geofence not working?

For me it's been reliable as long as UD Mobile is at least a background app at the time of crossing. Since I don't use the app often and I usually close all unnecessary apps I'll inadvertently close UD Mobile and will again miss crossings. So just make sure to open the app then leave it running, but doesn't have to be active (at least not for me).