EISY challenges post 5.7

PGannon
Go to solution Solved by Michel Kohanim,

My EISY environment is acting like a rebellious teenager, and I have no idea how to resolve the issue.  

I need your help before it causes a techno apocalypse.

-------------------------------------------------------

• Firmware IoX - 5.7.0_5 23/9/11
  • 13.2 OS
  • PLM 70.18.C2 v9E - purchased new early in 2023
  • 30 Devices (namely 2477 & 2457D2)

--------------------------------------------------------

Before the 5.7 upgrade, I had a flakey 2457D2; it has a mind of its own, only slightly possessed. However, it was manageable. The 5.7.0_1 upgrade finally worked, and then the random issues started to occur:

• 2 devices - "Failed communicating with"; once queried, they will connect. 
  • 3 devices - have the green flag (1011) - Automatic writing back to
  • 2 devices will not register, regardless of what I do. error message is
    • 2477D v.45 - Cannot determine Insteon Engine
    • B2457D2 - v.43 - Cannot determine device link table address

In the post 5.7.0_5 upgrade this weekend, the same issues occurred. (Yes, the cache was cleared)   

Once upon a time, On or FAST-On would turn on the scene or the program and repeat 3 times. Some devices are working just fine. Others are not working at all. EISY will say the front Porch lights are on; however, when I query the system, they are not.

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. 

Thank you,  

Patrick 

For the two that will not register at all.

Double check the six digit Insteon ID Number on the sticker. It is easy to misread the some ID characters. Like 0 and a D for one. A wrong ID would certainly cause that error.

Anything new or moved electronically. One possibility is a noise maker causing communications errors.

Since I am staying with my ISY994i and do not have your system. I can't say if the problem is a software issue.

9 hours ago, PGannon said:

Before the 5.7 upgrade, I had a flakey 2457D2; it has a mind of its own, only slightly possessed. However, it was manageable. The 5.7.0_1 upgrade finally worked, and then the random issues started to occur:

My previous house had older Insteon devices that had been running for a very long time, years. Occasionally link tables in certain devices got 'confused' needed to be restored after running for long periods... especially those on the signal/wire feet edge of the Insteon network.

Right click on the device and select "restore device". That helped frequently especially with older devices.

• Like 1

I have 6 outdoor lights that are programed to execute 15 minutes before sunset, as I arrive home from work at 7:50, approximately two hours after sunset, not one outdoor light is on.   Is it possible to revert back to 5.6.X from backup. This is really bad.    

@PGannon - I just got an eisy and have a program to turn on premise lights 30 mins before sunset, and had a similar experience yesterday. I got home and the very simple program hadn't run. When I used the admin console and looked at the programs tab, and then summary sub tab, the program's "next run" was scheduled for the next day, not that day -- and it was well before 30 minutes before sunset.

I added a hard time condition in addition to the 30 mins before sunset as I was going to be gone. That ran, and then the "next run" was for the following day (tomorrow) which is right. Not sure why this was necessary, but once I got past the programming running once on hard time, it was fine.

Edited by paulbates
On 10/17/2023 at 9:34 PM, PGannon said:

My EISY environment is acting like a rebellious teenager, and I have no idea how to resolve the issue.  

I need your help before it causes a techno apocalypse.

-------------------------------------------------------

• Firmware IoX - 5.7.0_5 23/9/11
  • 13.2 OS
  • PLM 70.18.C2 v9E - purchased new early in 2023
  • 30 Devices (namely 2477 & 2457D2)

--------------------------------------------------------

• 2 devices - "Failed communicating with"; once queried, they will connect. 
  • 3 devices - have the green flag (1011) - Automatic writing back to
  • 2 devices will not register, regardless of what I do. error message is
    • 2477D v.45 - Cannot determine Insteon Engine
    • B2457D2 - v.43 - Cannot determine device link table address

In the post 5.7.0_5 upgrade this weekend, the same issues occurred. (Yes, the cache was cleared)   

Once upon a time, On or FAST-On would turn on the scene or the program and repeat 3 times. Some devices are working just fine. Others are not working at all. EISY will say the front Porch lights are on; however, when I query the system, they are not.

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. 

Thank you,  

Patrick 

I'm going to second the possibility of noise interfering with the Insteon signal. There are troubleshooting steps in the wiki for you to try.