Venstar Remote Sensor Capabilities

ISYhbsh01
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

Hi,

I am looking into buying a new thermostat. The most important feature that I need, is to be able to control from the ISY using programs, when it should use the built-in sensor in the thermostat, and when to use the remote sensor. Does the Venstar nodeserver support this?

Edited by ISYhbsh01
7 hours ago, ISYhbsh01 said:

Hi,

I am looking into buying a new thermostat. The most important feature that I need, is to be able to control from the ISY using programs, when it should use the built-in sensor in the thermostat, and when to use the remote sensor. Does the Venstar nodeserver support this?

I have two remote sensors (one of these is called "Office Sensor").  The thermostat is set to average the temperature between the two remotes and the thermostats itself, but I have the ability to select an individual sensor and adjust the temperature based on that sensor.  I don't quite understand what you're asking for, but you have this programmatic ability (the office gets direct sun and warms up quicker than the thermostat or the other sensor):

EDIT: "Living Room" is the name of the Venstar thermostat that the remotes are connected to.

New Program - [ID 0080][Parent 00A7]

If
        'Devices / dirPolyglot / Venstar / Living Room / Office Sensor' Temperature is 72°F

Then
        Set 'Devices / dirPolyglot / Venstar / Living Room' Mode Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Edited by Bumbershoot

ecobee has a wireless remote sensor that includes a motion sensor.  You can include or exclude the remote sensor from the operation of the main thermostat.  You can't exclude the main sensor. 

I used to have Venstars with remote sensors and lots of programs to control them.  Then I switched to ecobee and ended up deleting most of my programs and letting the thermostat take control.  The thermostat has impressive capabilities and does a great job mostly on it's own.  You should check it out and see if it can work for your situation.