My office lights just turn off????

ingeborgdot

The other day I was sitting in my office when all of a sudden the ceiling lights just went off.  I have a program in my bedroom that works with my 8 keypadlinc that gives me the option of checking to see if any lights are on anywhere in the house, and I can turn them off. I thought maybe my wife had done it to me, but she had not.

Today, I was sitting in the office and the same thing happened again. My wife was in there with me so I know she didn't do it. I'm baffled as to what is happening. It's not a big deal, but I would like to know what is causing this. How can I do this?

What device is connected to your office lights?

What controller are you using. What is your firmware and UI versions?

It's possible that the link tables on the device that's conected to your office lights got corrupted. Right click on the device and do a restore device. You could lso have noise on the powerline and a device that's failing.

When the lights went off did the admin console show them as off or still on?

46 minutes ago, Techman said:

What device is connected to your office lights?

What controller are you using. What is your firmware and UI versions?

It's possible that the link tables on the device that's conected to your office lights got corrupted. Right click on the device and do a restore device. You could lso have noise on the powerline and a device that's failing.

When the lights went off did the admin console show them as off or still on?

It is a switchlinc dimmer 2476D v.27.  I am using the isy994i with firmware 5.3.4 and UI 5.3.4

I don't know about the other stuff. I'll try the restore device and see if that will make a difference.

It has only happened twice that I know of, and it not a real big deal, I'm just curious is all.

23 minutes ago, paulbates said:

You'll need to download the log, open it in Excel and see what happened at that exact time. Eg, if a program ran

It looks like it was doing a basement light check from the logs at that time. I don't know why that time, but that is when it appears to be doing it. I did a restore to see if maybe that will help. Only time will tell I guess. We'll see if it happens again.

check 1.jpg

check 2.jpg

I have found out what is causing the issue. I just setup a new fan timer using a 2334 8-button keypadlinc that takes the place of a failed Insteon 8-button actual timer. I have 8 scenes with 7 programs. I was helped by an isy/insteon expert.

Well, what is happening is somehow coming from the switch. It happens with only 2 of the buttons. After the 10 min or 15 min go through their time limit, they shut off. When they shut off, they shut off the office lights.

Now, I have to figure out WHY???????????

20 hours ago, ingeborgdot said:

I have found out what is causing the issue. I just setup a new fan timer using a 2334 8-button keypadlinc that takes the place of a failed Insteon 8-button actual timer. I have 8 scenes with 7 programs. I was helped by an isy/insteon expert.

Well, what is happening is somehow coming from the switch. It happens with only 2 of the buttons. After the 10 min or 15 min go through their time limit, they shut off. When they shut off, they shut off the office lights.

Now, I have to figure out WHY???????????

In your "then" statement What is "set basement light check" Is it a KPL button?  

Do you have any scenes related to that button?

The light check is a button on my bedroom KPL that I have used for years to see if any lights were left on in the basement. If so, we just pushed the button and turned them off.  The only thing in the programs are the actual switches themselves, but most are somehow tied to a scene.

I thought it may have been the light check, but I disabled the programs, and the problem still happened. It is so weird that it only happens to the 2 buttons. the 10 and 15 min buttons are the only ones that cause the issue.

I even changed out the office switch. It was an old Insteon switch that needed to be changed out anyway. The problem still happened.

Edited by ingeborgdot

I just noticed that when I do a diagnostic scene test It comes back as failed for these 2 buttons. The other buttons come back as succeeded. The 10 and 15 min buttons fail. Notice where it says failed, all the other buttons had succeeded.

Bathroom D Fan 15 minutes says fail. When I do it for a Bathroom Fan 5 minutes it says succeeded where it says failed below.

failed test.jpg

Edited by ingeborgdot
17 minutes ago, ingeborgdot said:

Where you pull the plastic little button at the bottom of the switch out and let it be off for several seconds.  Or is that called something else?

To do a factory reset on the switch you need to pull out the button, then push it in and continue holding it in until the switch starts beeping. Once the beeping stops then let go of the button. You'll then need to do a restore device.

Pulling the button out then pushing in back in doesn't reset anything.

38 minutes ago, ingeborgdot said:

Well, I did a reset at the switch, and then did a restore. It now shows that it succeeds. BUT it still shuts off the office lights. I just don't know what is going on.

You probably have either a scene or a program that is linked between the office lights and you KPL

4 minutes ago, Techman said:

To do a factory reset on the switch you need to pull out the button, then push it in and continue holding it in until the switch starts beeping. Once the beeping stops then let go of the button. You'll then need to do a restore device.

Pulling the button out then pushing in back in doesn't reset anything.

Yeah, I wasn't descriptive enough. That can make a difference when telling people. I am that way sometimes.

Well, I seem to have solved it. I had figured it had something to do with a scene and you verified it, but I had to trace which switch was causing it. I had tried to reset the switches before, but I did it one more time. I left the power off to them a little bit longer, then pushed the button a little bit longer after the beep stopped. I did it to three of my switches after tracing the numbers. It now seems to work properly.

Thanks for the help.