missing "Migrate to ZMatter Z-Wave" option

jdm5

Hi all,

Received a new eisy to replace existing an Polisy.  I have Insteon and Z-Wave

Tried to follow https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Can't_connect_to_ZMatter_Z-Wave_board_/_dongle to migrate Z-Wave over with Insteon devices.

The user guide states: "Go to configuration tab in Admin Console and select "Migrate to ZMatter Z-Wave" " --- but I don't see an option for "Migrate to ZMatter Z-Wave".

I tried the migration skipping this step; my Z-Wave devices show up as objects in IOX, but don't work.

I also tried ZWave /Backup, but that appears to store the backup on the local (old) Polisy machine - how do I migrate that to the new eisy (if appropriate)?

Can someone point me to how to do the migration and preserve my Z-Wave devices?

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, jdm5 said:

Hi all,

Received a new eisy to replace existing an Polisy.  I have Insteon and Z-Wave

Tried to follow https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Can't_connect_to_ZMatter_Z-Wave_board_/_dongle to migrate Z-Wave over with Insteon devices.

The user guide states: "Go to configuration tab in Admin Console and select "Migrate to ZMatter Z-Wave" " --- but I don't see an option for "Migrate to ZMatter Z-Wave".

I tried the migration skipping this step; my Z-Wave devices show up as objects in IOX, but don't work.

I also tried ZWave /Backup, but that appears to store the backup on the local (old) Polisy machine - how do I migrate that to the new eisy (if appropriate)?

Can someone point me to how to do the migration and preserve my Z-Wave devices?

Thanks!

Do You have Z-Wave support turned on?

Screenshot (69).png

@jdm5 

For reference please let us know what IoX version you are running.

Admin Console -> Help -> About

If you've turned on Z-wave support do you now have a Z-Wave menu in admin console? 

If you're making a Z-Wave backup on the Polisy you have to also backup the IoX system. The Z-Wave backup is fed into IoX then your backup should include Z-wave information. 

I did not have Z-wave before having the eisy and it's been almost a year since I put things into service so don't remember the steps, but it's possible if you've just always had the Z-Matter dongle attached that it might not need that step. I think the migration was more for people coming from Polisy with different Z-Wave controller.

Thanks! 

Running 5.7.1

ZWave menu is in both new and old machines

I backed up ZWave, then backed up IoX on Polisy

I restored IoX on eisy.

I tried to restore ZWave on eisy but it says there is no backup on ISY.

The ZWave objects are there but don't work.  Querying a ZWave thermostat (wired) says "Request Failed"

I tried to ZWave / Network / Heal Network but same results.

I'll open a tix with Universal Devices/Michel but welcome any other input.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jdm5 said:

Sorry, but I think you needed to backup the Z-Wave dongle separately, prior to doing a general backup of the ISY.  The Z-Wave backup would be included in the ISY backup.  You might be able to restore your ISY backup, backup the Z-Wave dongle, the backup the ISY and you'd be good.  Opening a ticket is probably the right way to go, however.

See screenshot.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 12.26.47 PM.png

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jdm5 said:

I agree with @Bumbershoot that I think the ticket is the best option now. Had you already run the "migrate to ZMatter Z-Wave" on the Polisy? I'm not 100% sure if that was ever an option on the eisy, but might have been in an early firmware. It might have been removed, but don't know.

Reading the wiki the "migrate to ZMatter" is the only time it would give you a migration backup option (seems like anyway). Otherwise, I'd think like a normal backup if you ran the Z-Wave dongle backup first then backed up the IoX that it should restore everything on the eisy. But if you've tried it that way then I'm not sure the next steps to try.

Good luck! Hope it's a simple fix. If it is...or even if it isn't...try to make some notes and post the fix here so it might help others should they run into the same issue.

17 hours ago, jdm5 said:

Thanks! 

Running 5.7.1

ZWave menu is in both new and old machines

I backed up ZWave, then backed up IoX on Polisy

I restored IoX on eisy.

The ZWave objects are there but don't work.  Querying a ZWave thermostat (wired) says "Request Failed"

I tried to ZWave / Network / Heal Network but same results.

After doing both backups you need to do a migration backup on Polisy, which is different than a regular backup.

Did you follow the migration instructions?