Any updated info on ZMatter availability?

Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

• 2 weeks later...

Love this company and love then product.  Have been a supporter since the first ISY came out.  But getting disappointed at the lack of communication on the entire matter subject.  I appreciate it’s not a large company and that it will take time.  I purchased this with the comfort in knowing this company will do have it and it will be awesome.  But for the first time  I feel like I am just being strung along with no updates or plans or timeline.  Even if they said we have made progress or we are working with a target of x.  Something,  anything.  It’s not new anymore.  Almost everyone has created their hub and is integrating devices now.  But I want ISY to work as it’s the device I love.  Please give us some update.

Edited by Nishal
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, Nishal said:

Love this company and love then product.  Have been a supporter since the first ISY came out.  But getting disappointed at the lack of communication on the entire matter subject.  I appreciate it’s not a large company and that it will take time.  I purchased this with the comfort in knowing this company will do have it and it will be awesome.  But for the first time  I feel like I am just being strung along with no updates or plans or timeline.  Even if they said we have made progress or we are working with a target of x.  Something,  anything.  It’s not new anymore.  Almost everyone has created their hub and is integrating devices now.  But I want ISY to work as it’s the device I love.  Please give us some update.

They've said multiple times they're working on Matter and a few other things. UDI has never been one (until recently) to give set timelines which has scome back to haunt them so I haven't seen that lately. 

Appreciate they are working on it.  But I don’t think it’s asking for a lot to say we have made this progress and this is pending on a periodic basis.  I get worried when you say they are working on other things and not getting a progress update.  Does that mean matter is not critical and if it takes 2 years it’s ok because of other priorities? If that’s the case then don’t advertise it when buying.  All of this unknown due to the lack of a simple update that something is happening.  

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

As you may have seen in UD Mobile menu, we are now testing Matter inclusion and finally got something relatively stable going in the lab. 

We will have three phases:

1. Inclusion and control of WiFi based Matter devices (using QR code) 
2. Inclusion and control of Matter devices through a Matter Edge router (such as Google Home, Apple HomeKit, etc.)
3. Inclusion and control of Matter devices through the ZMatter board (Zigbee/Thread). Please note that this last option may make your Zigbee routing less reliable.

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
On 8/30/2024 at 9:00 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello everyone,

As you may have seen in UD Mobile menu, we are now testing Matter inclusion and finally got something relatively stable going in the lab. 

We will have three phases:

1. Inclusion and control of WiFi based Matter devices (using QR code) 
2. Inclusion and control of Matter devices through a Matter Edge router (such as Google Home, Apple HomeKit, etc.)
3. Inclusion and control of Matter devices through the ZMatter board (Zigbee/Thread). Please note that this last option may make your Zigbee routing less reliable.

With kind regards,
Michel

I have version 1.2.5 of the app for android and I don't see anything for WiFi inclusion. Am I not looking in the right place or is it not ready for everyone to try?