Support Thread: IoX v5.8.3 (April 25, 2024)

Upgrade seemed to take longer than normal but seems to be running fine.  Probably 20 minutes but that could have been because I had not upgraded PG3x.  I was still on 3.2.20.  I did want to note that I got a message on my phone app to reboot the system since the upgrade was done.  I was glad I was watching the upgrade log because it was not done yet and it took another 3 minutes before I got the reboot pop up on the AC.  

Edited by btreinders

I upgraded both IoX and PG3x at the same time as well.

Upgrades went fine, but I did experience a problem with the AC as well as UD Mobile app.

While I could log in to AC, the status icon at the bottom left would immediately go red. Also, UD Mobile, while seemingly connected was actually rapidly retrying connections as seen on the main top level home screen. I was drawn to that screen attempting to figure out what the little icon next to the House/Home icon was trying to tell me.

Turns out, at least for me, this update requires another outbound port, TCP:8003 for something related to the ISY Portal communications. Once that was configured, everything started to behave normally.

Upgrading my eisy went fine. But I have four remote ISY-994s I can no longer access.

UD Mobile says "Attempting Connection" and the admin console gets stuck at "Starting Subscription." The Portal accounts report online.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hello,

It has been a while since I upgraded.  I was on 5.7.0 so I upgraded today to 5.8.3.  Now I cannot get admin console to load.  I get the following error:

image.png.dd5c257fdeceff2767c4e64dc58e6b0f.png

I have gone the wiki page to download the newset start.jnlp from the following link:

https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

but I am still getting the same error.  Any help would be great.

Thanks,

-Rod

Edited by rodbinaz
17 hours ago, rodbinaz said:

I have gone the wiki page to download the newset start.jnlp from the following link:

https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

but I am still getting the same error.  Any help would be great.

To fix this you have to clear Java Cache first then run the start.jnlp you downloaded. As @paulbates suggests using the cloud option (even when local) will "download" the correct UI for your Firmware each time it loads. Using the "Local" option still requires the Java Cache to clear (checking all three button/options) then running a new version of start.jnlp to add the IoX Launcher icon to the desktop.

image.png

By checking all three boxes on this prompt correctly removes the existing IoX Launcher icon (if it was still visible on the desktop).

FYI: Sometimes Java updates will remove the icon, but the cache still needs to be cleared (with all 3 options) to be able to put the IoX Launcher icon back on the desktop.

If still having issues there are more advanced options to remove the IoX Launcher from Java, but that's usually not needed.