POLISY = EISY?

Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

I know I asked this before, and was told if I have a polisy there really is no reason for me to upgrade to the EISY

its been a while, but i wanted to confirm with the brain trust here. any reason I'd want to use EISY instead?

also I am noting that my POLISY /ISY has a newer firmware avaiable: 5.8.3

i am on 5.7.1 pg3-3.1.23_1

when I try to update, it goes through the process and then nothing happens. its the same.

Ive tried through the UD app, my.isy.io page and the IOX java app. nada.

THoughts?

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2024 at 9:07 PM, Techman said:

If the Polisy is working there's really no advantage in upgarding to the eisy at this time.

There is a looming EOL for Polisy.

I seem to remember support was suppose to be 5 years which started several years or more ago.

I really don't feel like buying another ISY.

• Solution
11 hours ago, alphapenguin said:

something doesnt seem to be working right. 

https://polisy.local:8443/rest/pg3x.enable

it returns:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

I believe this is normal. You can find other conversion comments in the forums that seem to indicate this is expected. Make sure you follow the rest of the steps that @Techman linked to in the wiki. Pay attention that the user/pass will now be the same as admin console access.

Once you confirm you have PG3x then run the upgrade process again and you should update to IoX 5.8.4 (the current release)

If you did not get upgraded to PG3x in the process then please open a support ticket to get specific help for this issue. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/

1 hour ago, mmb said:

There is a looming EOL for Polisy

If I was running a Polisy I wouldn’t worry about upgrading to eisy until UD made an official announcement that they would end Polisy support/development. No need to worry about it at this moment. Also no major need (from why I can tell) to rush an upgrade to the eisy if you have a working Polisy doing what you need it to do. 

• Like 1
On 7/20/2024 at 8:07 PM, Techman said:

If the Polisy is working there's really no advantage in upgarding to the eisy at this time. 

2 reasons I moved from Polisy to eisy

1. Smaller package.  Space is at a premium in my SMC and I can get the eisy in it with a half width bracket instead of a full width bracket.

2. You can put VMs on it like Home Assistant.  Can't do this with Polisy.