September 19Sep 19 The old 2413s is still functioning, but showing signs of failing. I performed a factory reset on the new 2413U. Powered down both Old PLM and EISY. Connected the new USB cable to PLM & EISY. Powered on the PLM, then powered on the EISY. Logged into Admin Console and selected RESTORE PLM. I received the error: "Failed resetting the PLM" [-200000/-30]. Unsure what to do next.
September 19Sep 19 Author Yes. I used the cable which came with the new 2413U. It has a Type B going to the and the other end is a Type A. I am using a Type A to Type C adapter to plug it into the EISY.
September 19Sep 19 I never performed this action but from what I've read there should be a replace modem when you plug in a different modem. If that is not present search for the procedure @Brian H post all the time.
September 19Sep 19 If your using the admin console, click on Tools > Diagnostic > PLM info/Status. Does it show as connected? If not, replace the cableAs I remember, the 2413U doesn't ship with a USB cable. Try using a generic USB-C to USB-B cable
September 19Sep 19 Author @Techman,The status shows: 0.0.0 v0 / Not Connected.I tried another of my USB-B to USB-A cables with my USB-A to USB-C adapter with the same result.Note that the USB-A to USB-C adapter works fine with my old PLM
September 19Sep 19 @GPG It's most likely one of two things, the cable, or Insteon support isn't checked on the admin console configuration tab.Is the green led on the PLM on?
September 19Sep 19 Let me know if that solved the problemIn the meantime try a different USB port on the eisy
September 20Sep 20 Author @Techman I repeated the whole process over, using the new B-C cable. Same Problem.However, using the B-A cable that came with the PLM and using one of the other A ports on the eisy, the PLM was immediately recognized. So it looks like the problem is solved.Now I'm wondering if I have a bad USB C port on my eisy. Thanks everyone for your help.
September 20Sep 20 Which eisy do you have, r1, r2, or liteAre you referring to the cable that came with the 2413S PLM, not the 2413U
September 21Sep 21 Author I have the R2.Yes. The cable that came with the 2413U has the USB-B (PLM) and the USB-A which I initially plugged into the USB-C port on the eisy using an USB-A to USB-C adapter. Then I used the new cable, USB-B to USB-C, also plugged into the eisy USB-C port. Neither Worked. The PLM status showed Not Connected.Following your suggestion I tried the cable that came with the new 2413U PLM and plugged it into one of the side USB-A ports on the eisy. That worked. So to sum it up: I can not connect my 2413U PLM to the USB-C port on the eisy. It has to be connected to one of the other ports. I have no idea why that is so. The old PLM 2413s worked fine connected to the eisy USB-C port.
September 21Sep 21 I'd quesdtion the USB-A to USB-C adapter before the USB-C port on the eisy, especially if your old 2413S was working fine on that same USB-C port. Edited September 21Sep 21 by Guy Lavoie
September 21Sep 21 @GPG I've always had my USB PLM plugged into the side port on the R2. It's possible that there may be a conflict on the rear port due to HDMIUSB: 1 × Type C | 2 × 3.0 | 1 × 2.0HDMI: 2 + 1 on USB-C port
September 21Sep 21 36 minutes ago, Techman said:@GPGI've always had my USB PLM plugged into the side port on the R2.It's possible that there may be a conflict on the rear port due to HDMIUSB: 1 × Type C | 2 × 3.0 | 1 × 2.0HDMI: 2 + 1 on USB-C portYes, I'd boot it up into bios configuration mode and check settings.
September 21Sep 21 Author That seems to be the case. I just tried connecting the working new PLM to the back USB-C port and sure enough the eisy does not recognize the PLM. Connecting it back to the side port and everything is fine.
Create an account or sign in to comment