Setting ramp rate with ISY?

keribi

I can set the ramp rate locally at my insteon dimmers, but can't seem to set the ramp rate with the ISY's Main tab device settings. Am I doing something wrong? I get the progress dialog after changing the ramp rate showing the device being updated but has NO effect on the dimmer's ramp rate?

• 3 months later...

Am I just lucky, or what? I set the ramp rate of every dimmer in the house to four seconds using ISY (its SO much easier than doing it locally at the switch). Both the local ramp rate at the switch, and the ramp rate used in scenes. I don't recall EVER rebooting a switch. All the ramp rates have operated correctly from the get-go, and still are.

Hi Mike

My swichLincs have a sticker on the front which says: "V3.1". The ISY admin console says:"v.27". Take your pick. Also I remembered I have a three pin lampLinc which I also programmed the ramp rate with the ISY (only). ISY gives "v.28" for that. The swltchLincs were purchased about a year ago. The lampLinc about two years ago.

Linuxguy

Power cycling and turning off the device (as in clicking the bottom part of the toggle switch) has the same activation effect.

I don't see that here. I just hooked up a SwitchLinc Dimmer v3.2 (per the label on the unit itself), and it behaves as I expected:

- factory set with a .1 sec ramp rate

- added to the ISY

- set ramp rate to 6.5 seconds

- no affect on the switch itself, even after toggling the switch on/off several times

- pulled the air gap out for 5-10 seconds, popped it back in

- ramp rate is now 6.5 seconds

I too just noticed this while setting up my ISY again.

I didn't have to reboot the SWL before.

I'm not sure if I have to airgap them each time I change the ramp rate.

Is the issue in the SWL or the new version of the ISY?

Drew

• 3 weeks later...
Cycling breakers is also a way to reboot devices.
That is a great observation. It may explain why sometimes it appears than I don't have to do a reboot to make the ISY change take effect. From time to time we get momentary losses of power in our area which cause all my units to do reboot. If coincidently I get a power loss after making a ramp change with the ISY, I am in effect getting the reboot courtesy of my power company and it would look as though I do not have to do it.

-George

Archived