Everything posted by brians
-
cannot install the isy finder
Have you used Home Assistant on a mobile device? While awkward for doing anything significant due to its size, the functionality is mostly there if need to.
-
cannot install the isy finder
Before, the plan was to hope that the Windows Android emulation gets better and use that. Last time I tried it was a big failure, and the database was not even cross-compatible with android and iOS versions (I am an iOS user). A lot of work to do.
-
Adding Zigbee devices
Ya that is probably required way those devices are setup but not required for this coordinator (or any consumer zigbee I have heard of) - just allow it to add devices and press button or whatever is the process in device and it self configures all this.
-
Need help with ZWave Group 2 Association
I never really used much, or had a need for basic assoc after posting that, but since then I discovered the switches can get into a loop where they send the commands back and forth to each other, and this has to be addressed in the switch itself. Most of my initial testing of basic association was prior to ZMatter using Silicon Labs software to program them on a PC, therefore the switches acted differently, and I did not do much testing after. I was hoping to get Zen32 working with basic association but there were issues with LED sync, and since there were other non-Z-Wave devices I would also want to control the conclusion was using programs/parameters is the best way for that device. For the Zen71 switch, Set Parameter 7 to 11 (1 also works, but Zooz recommends 11 - I suppose in the case that you have a regular switch setup in a 3-way with follower, and a virtual 3-way with basic association) on the remote switch (one not connected to the actual load, where the main switch I will refer to it as the one which controls the load) and this should make it work properly. https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/535-zen71-on-off-switch-700-advanced-settings/ Note that after this change, when you turn on/off the remote switch from IoX, it will not send a group 2 to the main switch, and will therefore not turn it on. This doesn't matter because now should just use the main switch in any automations done from the IoX controller, and ignore the remote switch status (they act as one switch now). Physically pressing the paddles on the remote switch will still send group 2 to main though as intended (as per Parameter 7 setting). Here is Zooz article about this. How To Program 2 Zooz Switches In a Virtual 3-Way With Regular Bulbs - Zooz Support Center (getzooz.com) I would have updated my original thread but they seem to close topics here abruptly for no apparent reason... maybe it is automatic setting which closes them after no activity for a while. I would recommend to use z-wave basic association only for areas where a virtual 3-way is desired but there was not one originally (ie. no followers). If you are replacing a real 3-way, then use the proper companion switch and existing follower, in the case of Zen71 you can use a regular switch configured via Parameter 12. More ancient history about virtual 3-ways... this is why Insteon acts the way it does with its scenes and virtual 3-ways: when operating a switch physically, it sends the scene command to other linked switch(es) that are responders, but when operating the main switch remotely from IoX, it does not send scene commands to the remote, otherwise if Insteon acted this way, it would result in a similar loop and flood the network. This is why you use scenes from a controller, or programs to keep the remote switches on/off state in sync, the latter which I prefer. This used to drive me crazy . Mobilinc mobile app, which many used years ago, actually didn't act like this and would turn on/off remote linked devices somehow magical like... this did not make sense and confused me LOL... it was not until years later, I believe I asked, or someone else did somewhere (cannot remember now exactly), and the dev clarified that is was programmed to act this way.
-
Adding Zigbee devices
Have never heard or experienced having to do this when adding zigbee devices.
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
Worked for me.. udpated to 5.7.0_5 and programs remain enabled afterwards.
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
I updated and all my programs were disabled after. Confirm on 5.7.0_4 Maybe the fix is in there now, and moving forward will not happen again?
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
This cable I have should work it seems... I use for programming ESP devices.... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BBPX8B8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
Did an update today on my Polisy, not sure what the update did since I was already on 5.70, and 13.2 with PG3x 3.2.8, but it requested a restart afterwards. Maybe OS related updates, not sure. Bad news is, all my programs were disabled again after restart and had to re-enable. I restarted again and programs remain enabled, so it is something in the update process.
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
Are you on 13.2 now also?
-
ZMatter USB Is Now Z-Wave+ Certified!
Does this mean they can remove the "Beta Test Version" from Z-Wave menu
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
Thanks, but it took me only a minute to re-enable them all in my case, and I took opportunity to clean up a bit deleting more unused programs - down to 16 now
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
I just noticed this too on my Polisy that all programs are disabled!!! I am positive they were not disabled previously. I was already on 5.7.0 and just did an update for latest PG3x (and also notice am on 13.2) It is not good that UD seems to have all these update issues, especially this one considering people have been discussing the issue in this thread for quite a while now!!! This is a very significant bug disabling programs. I have moved everything to HA Automations earlier in year so it only affects my 20 or so programs which keep Insteon LEDs in sync. For those with hundreds or thousands of programs it must be a nightmare.
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
I just updated my Polisy this morning to update PG3x to 3.2.8, and it also shows 13.2 now. Only took about 10 minutes. [admin@polisy ~]$ uname -a FreeBSD polisy 13.2-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE-p1 releng/13.2-n254621-08b87f63a046 POLISY amd64
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
Ya I just updated to update to latest PG3x (which went good surprisingly), and it did not update the OS, still at 13.1.
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
Should I do this, is this safe now on Polisy?... Currently on 5.7.0 so hopefully they fixed the rare bricking issue! Too late to do tonight, maybe will do tomorrow or wait until Monday when UD support is more likely to be available.
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.7.0
Updated my Polisy. After about 5 min, an a reboot was required from AC. After thise a few minutes later confirm updated to 5.7.0. UD Mobile is nice to have because it sends me notifications of the update process. I had to clear java cache to get rid of the error that was incompatible (this seems silly to have to do this nowadays).
-
Anyone get a Aqara zigbee device connected to Eisy?
Aqara zigbee motions are not recommended unless with their own hub. They are unreliable in home assistant using ZHA or Zigbee2MQT.
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.6.4
I was watching TV other night and got a notification from UD mobile that Polisy was offline. My Polisy was not responsive, was unable to login, could not ping it etc. After about 15 min I power cycled it which resolved. I was on 5.6.4, but just noticed this update next day and performed it, but did not notice any version number change, however it did prompt me to reboot. Is what I experience related to what this update fixed?
-
Support Thread for IoX 5.6.4
I tried Aqara P1 in home assistant with Z2M and although they pair fine, they drop off the network after several hours and have to be repaired constantly. This is a common issue so best to stay away from these. I found the Philips Hue new version of motion sensors work very reliably.
-
Zooz Zen72 Dimmer: Don't see Multi-Press w zmatter
To clarify, you don’t see options in programs for multiple presses ? Iox doesn’t support this in scenes, only in programs.
-
Zigbee - Confirmed Working Thread
I have one of these using in HA, they are a bit slow response back to the controller (if you turn on locally) vs. a Sonoff S1, but they are a bit cheaper, have more features like energy monitoring and ability to set the power on state. Also the LED is not as bright which may be desirable. Do the energy monitoring nodes appear in IoX eg. Voltage, Current, kWh etc. ? Can you set power on level eg. on/off/previous state?
-
Zigbee - Device Support Requests
FYI, Those both are not Zigbee, they are WiFi. The older FP1 is Zigbee but only was available direct from China. I have both: two FP2 and an FP1.
-
Insteon Lamplinc not reliable after Zmatter migration
It is possible that IoX and Admin Console require a state (query does this) before it will turn it on or off. Considering you migrated to ZMatter maybe there is something wrong with some of your ZWave devices not responding which causes IoX to go a bit brain-dead and sluggish.... therefore query may be hung on these during a reboot. How many ZWave devices do you have? Open AC and look at lower left and see if there is lots of activity (ie. system busy) after a restart. Sounds to me like you are running only three Insteon devices... two lamplincs and an IOLinc. Just make sure your query on restart is working.
-
Insteon Lamplinc not reliable after Zmatter migration
What happens when you manually turn on/off the lamplinc, does it report status to AC? What about sending a fast on?