Everything posted by lilyoyo1
-
Motion-triggered lighting in home theater
That's what I do with my theater. I have a kpl with the activity the room will be used for programmed in certain buttons. If I'm watching a movie, it'll open up the screen and projector, turn on everything needed for a movie and put the lights on a timer. Hitting pause during this time will turn the lights on 30% so someone can go to the bathroom etc. If we're just entertaining or just want to watch TV the same thing happens. It'll turn on the TV and cable box along with seeing the lights to where we want them.
-
Alexa command and actual physical switch differ for program
Changing control to status should work. Regardless off how it's turned on the fan will turn off after 25 minutes.
-
Alexa command and actual physical switch differ for program
I would write a separate program if status of the fan is on then wait 10 seconds shut off. Add that to Alexa and see what happens
-
Alexa command and actual physical switch differ for program
Did you add the switch or the program to the portal
-
Inovelli ilumin bulbs?
For colors it would be the limitations on what you can choose via parameters and so forth vs hue or lifx where you can get much more colors and saturation
-
Inovelli ilumin bulbs?
I haven't used these but from past experience, I would go with hue over those especially if you want colors. Reading the details of those bulbs, you would want to use them with their switches for best response times but that time would mostly be equal to that of using hue with insteon so it's a wash
-
Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)
Right click on the device in the admin console there is also an option to disable the device
-
Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)
What happens if you disable switch 13 and then retry
-
Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7
I have the 500. It does not support OTA but Michel has stated it will at some point.
-
Small system at second "home" - use a Hub, or second ISY?
I use the isy for everything regardless of size. I trust their programming more than I trust insteon's. Especially for a home I won't be at, reliability is Paramount
-
Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7
No more issues than any other device
-
Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7
I have a couple. I don't have a problem with their speed. Everything triggers within a second. The tilt sensor post doesn't work
-
Motion-triggered lighting in home theater
I think you should. Especially for cases like this, it would help
-
Motion-triggered lighting in home theater
I agree with Oberkc. Why muddy the waters when we don't know what he has, proficiency level with programming, or desire to spend what it takes if he doesn't have necessary equipment.
-
'default' under Scene: Action or Link Type: What does it mean?
Most likely that's from your previous setup. I'm assuming since it imported that way (the isy "rebuilds" the scene for the new structure), the isy see's that as their default settings vs a new scene which would have different information. If you want uniformity then it wouldn't hurt to update thisnsonit all looks the same. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it since it works
-
'default' under Scene: Action or Link Type: What does it mean?
On/off when controller is turned on or off. The best way to learn is create a scene and see what reach option does
-
'default' under Scene: Action or Link Type: What does it mean?
Default is what a device does by default in regards to turning on/off for example, you have kpl button vC that turns on a group of lights. In the list you would see button C set to default while you configured it as the controller.
-
'default' under Scene: Action or Link Type: What does it mean?
There is no "best". It all depends on how you're setting your device up. For example, if you have 2 insteon switches and you just want them to respond how they would straight from the box with on/off commands, then native works. If you have 2 insteon switches and want one to turn the other on at 50%, then used you would use command. The above example apply to compatible zwave devices as well.
-
Broan Fan controls
I didn't think insteon still made that system for them. The isy recognizes it probably because it is insteon based but it's not an insteon device. The Braun (insteon) firmware is different than standard insteon firmware.
-
Motion-triggered lighting in home theater
Short answer no. Motion sensors can't tell what you are doing/trying to do at any given moment. The best you can hope for is to position the sensor in a way that it only picks up movement at the door way. If you are using something like example above then it's possible What I did for mine was put a kpl outside of the room (the switches are outside) with different scenes in it. Watch TV, watch movie, watch firestick, etc. Depending on what I choose, it automatically sets the room up the way I want. For example, my watch movie will drop down the projector and screen, turn on the lights and set an auto off. Hitting play on the remote will also trigger the lights off
-
What do I lose by creating ISY nodes with DSC motion sensors?
If your sensors are directly linked to your lights , you'll lose the speed of direct links as the isy becomes the middle man to relay your signals to devices. I don't mix (double duty) my alarm sensors with jobs my automation sensors should be doing (and vice versus) While it can be done successfully, one errant command/program that causes a false alarm simply isn't worth it.
-
Polisy and nodeservers?
I don't have a need for wifi either but still ordered for the future. Moreso when the ISY is ported over. There have been times I've done stuff and needed to move my isy closer to something (such as a lock that was already installed). It comes down to moving the isy or taking something apart. By having wifi, it makes it much easier to move around when needed. While I don't need WiFi 99% of the time, I got it for the 1% that I've wished I had since.
-
arlo pro add on camera
I believe you may have posted in the wrong forum.
-
Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)
The programs will still be there. You'll just need to add the devices to them. I would take a picture of your programs so that you know what goes where
-
Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)
If you've backed up your board you can restore it to the 500 series