Everything posted by lilyoyo1
-
Broan Fan controls
They used to make something but I don't know if they still do. I don't it as they didn't sell many
-
Bathroom fan timer replacement
People still use timers but the isy is a better manger of time than a device specifically built to handle that task. With the Isy, you can override your timers as well as set them for what you want them to be vs what someone feels you need
-
Broan Fan controls
This may not be smartlabs doing. Companies fork zwave and zigbee for their own needs all the time vs trying to make it part of someone else's ecosystem.
-
Unable to exit safe mode
Insteon needs the plm in order to send/receive insteon signals. If the plm is bad they won't get the signal regardless of what you do so it's irrelevant. Those programs wouldn't work anyway. Any non insteon based programs would still run however. With the zwave only firmware, once you get a new Plm, those would work like normal.
-
Unable to exit safe mode
You need to install the zwave only version firmware. That'll bypass safe mode
-
Google home vs Alexa
I think that's a spammer. Be careful
-
Some very basic polyglot questions
I appreciate it
-
Some very basic polyglot questions
Tried to message you but you can't receive any
-
Some very basic polyglot questions
Simply put, 25 is still the limit?
-
Some very basic polyglot questions
25 is the limit as that's how many slots the isy has. All. Nodeservers go on the same RPI for the isy it's attached to
-
Some very basic polyglot questions
Being that you would be new to the system, I would recommend running polyglot on its own RPI as Teken pointed out. That way issues with one doesn't affect the other. All nodeservers are through polyglot so your weather nodeserver would be downloaded to that one. Both Isy's would need their own RPI but configuring each through it's own dashboard is easy. I would personally go with the Isy portal. Not that anything is wrong mobilinc connect as it's great. I just wouldn't want to have to redo my stuff such as Google or Alexa should I change to something else. You also lose the network module if you're using it via the portal. My module was purchased separately so that part wouldn't bother me as much but it's something to think about if you haven't purchased
-
Insteon KPL "always on" switch
I've never had an issue with insteon dimmers and hue devices. If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it
-
Insteon KPL "always on" switch
I've never seen a code that would prevent you from doing that. The only thing that would be wrong with a kpl controlling an outlet would be if you were using a dimmable kpl. That would be a violation
-
Copy Alexa config to Google Home
If you did your "spokens" in the isy, those will automatically transfer. I haven't seen a way to transfer Alexa settings to google
-
Insteon KPL "always on" switch
I would take option 1 from dbwarner5 and run constant power to your lights. It's much cleaner this way and less confusion for others this way. While there is some risk such as when changing bulbs, you can always throw the breaker if that's an issue for you. You can then either use network resources or the hue nodeserver to turn lights on/off.
-
Alarm Siren Speaker Makes Popping Noise After Smoke Alarm Replacement
I would contact your alarm manufacturer and ask them as they would know what best works with their system
-
Manual press causes light to go on & then off?
Since you had both isy and plm unplugged, I would say the likelihood of it being either one is zero
-
To many links for PLM - How to lower links?
Restore plm>restore devices. Make sure plm is powered up and connected to isy before powering up the isy
-
To many links for PLM - How to lower links?
You can't really remove buttons from a kpl from the isy without removing devices. As mentioned, this wouldn't make a big difference anyway. One thing to look at is how you design your scenes. For example, I don't use controllers in my larger scenes. I add devices to them as responders and then use programs to turn on/off. I also reuse scenes where I can. For example, each room has a scene with everything in it. Whether it's my good night, away, all off, emergency, etc, those scenes are used in them. That allows me to save on links since I'm not creating additional links for stuff I'm already doing.
-
Failed to securely include device
You need to move it closer to add and will probably need repeaters.
-
Security Lights Programs in Folder Not Running
Are those devices still individually activated or part of a scene? Post your new programs for us to look at
-
Security Lights Programs in Folder Not Running
Why separate scenes when they do the same exact thing based on the same conditions?
-
Security Lights Programs in Folder Not Running
One thing I would start with us adding all of those devices to a single scene and controlling the scene itself. It's a more efficient user of resources and you don't have to worry about commands being missed. I would also change the 0 seconds to 2 seconds to ensure good communication
-
Wanting to control scene when telling Alexa to play or pause movie
I think the fact that you're using a single hub for 2 setups is the problem. You could try renaming to totally different things to see if that helps I would also look for a pattern to see what is going on. My suspicion is she is looking at the first or last "scene" that was used and responds accordingly since the beginning structure is the same
-
Light and Door
After a second look I realize you're using status. Change that to control and it should work