Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lilyoyo1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lilyoyo1

  1. That's what I do with my theater. I have a kpl with the activity the room will be used for programmed in certain buttons. If I'm watching a movie, it'll open up the screen and projector, turn on everything needed for a movie and put the lights on a timer. Hitting pause during this time will turn the lights on 30% so someone can go to the bathroom etc. If we're just entertaining or just want to watch TV the same thing happens. It'll turn on the TV and cable box along with seeing the lights to where we want them.
  2. Changing control to status should work. Regardless off how it's turned on the fan will turn off after 25 minutes.
  3. I would write a separate program if status of the fan is on then wait 10 seconds shut off. Add that to Alexa and see what happens
  4. Did you add the switch or the program to the portal
  5. For colors it would be the limitations on what you can choose via parameters and so forth vs hue or lifx where you can get much more colors and saturation
  6. I haven't used these but from past experience, I would go with hue over those especially if you want colors. Reading the details of those bulbs, you would want to use them with their switches for best response times but that time would mostly be equal to that of using hue with insteon so it's a wash
  7. Right click on the device in the admin console there is also an option to disable the device
  8. What happens if you disable switch 13 and then retry
  9. I have the 500. It does not support OTA but Michel has stated it will at some point.
  10. I use the isy for everything regardless of size. I trust their programming more than I trust insteon's. Especially for a home I won't be at, reliability is Paramount
  11. No more issues than any other device
  12. I have a couple. I don't have a problem with their speed. Everything triggers within a second. The tilt sensor post doesn't work
  13. I think you should. Especially for cases like this, it would help
  14. I agree with Oberkc. Why muddy the waters when we don't know what he has, proficiency level with programming, or desire to spend what it takes if he doesn't have necessary equipment.
  15. Most likely that's from your previous setup. I'm assuming since it imported that way (the isy "rebuilds" the scene for the new structure), the isy see's that as their default settings vs a new scene which would have different information. If you want uniformity then it wouldn't hurt to update thisnsonit all looks the same. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it since it works
  16. On/off when controller is turned on or off. The best way to learn is create a scene and see what reach option does
  17. Default is what a device does by default in regards to turning on/off for example, you have kpl button vC that turns on a group of lights. In the list you would see button C set to default while you configured it as the controller.
  18. There is no "best". It all depends on how you're setting your device up. For example, if you have 2 insteon switches and you just want them to respond how they would straight from the box with on/off commands, then native works. If you have 2 insteon switches and want one to turn the other on at 50%, then used you would use command. The above example apply to compatible zwave devices as well.
  19. I didn't think insteon still made that system for them. The isy recognizes it probably because it is insteon based but it's not an insteon device. The Braun (insteon) firmware is different than standard insteon firmware.
  20. Short answer no. Motion sensors can't tell what you are doing/trying to do at any given moment. The best you can hope for is to position the sensor in a way that it only picks up movement at the door way. If you are using something like example above then it's possible What I did for mine was put a kpl outside of the room (the switches are outside) with different scenes in it. Watch TV, watch movie, watch firestick, etc. Depending on what I choose, it automatically sets the room up the way I want. For example, my watch movie will drop down the projector and screen, turn on the lights and set an auto off. Hitting play on the remote will also trigger the lights off
  21. If your sensors are directly linked to your lights , you'll lose the speed of direct links as the isy becomes the middle man to relay your signals to devices. I don't mix (double duty) my alarm sensors with jobs my automation sensors should be doing (and vice versus) While it can be done successfully, one errant command/program that causes a false alarm simply isn't worth it.
  22. I don't have a need for wifi either but still ordered for the future. Moreso when the ISY is ported over. There have been times I've done stuff and needed to move my isy closer to something (such as a lock that was already installed). It comes down to moving the isy or taking something apart. By having wifi, it makes it much easier to move around when needed. While I don't need WiFi 99% of the time, I got it for the 1% that I've wished I had since.
  23. I believe you may have posted in the wrong forum.
  24. The programs will still be there. You'll just need to add the devices to them. I would take a picture of your programs so that you know what goes where
  25. If you've backed up your board you can restore it to the 500 series

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.