Everything posted by lilyoyo1
-
Scene State - is there a way to check
From your specific description yes tracking could work. However, for most situations, tracking scene states can prove detrimental to the system. For example, my relax scenes has 2 functions. A single tap sets the room up for my girl while a dbl tap sets it up for me. 2 completely different actions involving the same exact devices. Late night, my motion sensors kick in. Same exact devices but different results. If you dont mind me asking, which controller were you using that had this feature? I've used a lot of different insteon managers and havent seen one with that feature. Depending on what your intended use of this button, there could be other ways to achieve your desired results. There is more than 1 way to skin a cat.
-
Scene State - is there a way to check
I agree completely. For me, if I walk into the family room and hit the relax button it sets my lights to the preset brightness. If I increase or decrease it a little bit for whatever reason, its still my relax scene. Certain aspects will change things such as turning on the overhead lights (which will then turn off my relax button).
-
Scene State - is there a way to check
There can be a multitude of scenes involving the same exact devices in a single room let alone the whole house. All of which can be setup in different ways as well as controlled by different devices. Less programming is great for any and everyone. However, ease of use/less work doesn't necessarily mean it's better. In the case of most systems, the use of programs actually gives more capabilities which allows one to dial their system in perfectly.
-
Scene State - is there a way to check
There are too many variables at play when it comes to devices to ensure everything is kept up properly. If anything, it would require constant polling which would impact system performance. The likelihood of detrimental behavior increases exponentially the larger the install.
-
Scene State - is there a way to check
That's where the if statements come in. It allows you to change the state of the kpl based on specific conditions you set forth. Due to the nature of scenes, it would be impossible for the Isy to ascertain on its own what a person wants. For example, a room has 3 lights. Turning button "B" on turns on all lights. That would be a scene. However, what if the lights were all turned on individually? That would not be the scene. While the Isy does keep track of everything, it doesn't know what your intentions are unless you tell it what you want to happen hence the "if" statements. Programs is what allows for customizing your scenes.
-
Keypad cannot be added
There's something interfering with the communication during the linking process. I'd make a jumper, and try looking from a different location
-
Keypad cannot be added
Factory reset the keypad and try again. Also make sure your firmware and UI are the same and up to date
-
Keypadlinc button synchronization for scenes
Either way could work. Since all of them would need to be at the same level for the light to stay on, should any device change the light would turn off.
-
Activate Program with Google Home
Hopefully it works
-
Activate Program with Google Home
Under the then, say: Turn lamp on enable Monday program turn lamp off. See if that enables your monday program
-
Activate Program with Google Home
Just to make sure I'm understanding properly, It only activates when clicking another program prior to checking it to see if its enabled? Before my next thought; do you have an extra device you can use to test an idea?
-
Keypadlinc button synchronization for scenes
To expand on what Techman said, you would need to add every device to your program's if statement. For example: If status kitchen 1 is not 60% And status kitchen 2 is not 60% And status kitchen 3 is not 60% Then set kpl button C off
-
Activate Program with Google Home
I assume that you are running the then clause of your program which is why it turns green. I highly doubt it will run. Most likely you will need to create another program which enables those programs in the then clause
-
Trouble with adding KPL6 v7.2
It's harder to get a device linked than it is for 2 devices to simply talk to one another. During the linking process, a device on sends out it's information once. When 2 devices are talking, you have 3 chances for a signal to get through. Since your device was already linked it is possible that it could overcome any issues that plagued the first device. It's for that reason (and others), I link all my devices prior to install. This includes zwave. With that said, I would factory reset once more just to ensure proper reset and hook it to your test bench to link.
-
Trouble with adding KPL6 v7.2
That message generally means there's a communication issue. The switch itself is most likely fine
-
Trouble with adding KPL6 v7.2
Factory reset the device then try.
-
Lights Flicker caused by Insteon Dimmer switches
Even if it was something big like a panel issue, the smaller things could still be part of the problem. It's cheaper to solve the micro problems than trying to fix a major problem that may or may not be there.
-
Lights Flicker caused by Insteon Dimmer switches
Every environment is different which is why he doesn't have issues. Wall worts may not be the culprit. When people give tips they start with the most likely and go from there. It could be a single wall wort. Maybe 2 or 3. Maybe it's something else entirely like a wiring issue. Now that you've isolated the problem to the circuit, you simply go a little bit further to find the actual culprit.
-
Lights Flicker caused by Insteon Dimmer switches
The funny thing with noise is how it can effect things. You can have the exact same switches side by side and one has issues while the other doesn't. I wouldn't say they are inferior as I've seen many more issues in togglelincs than in the kpls and 2477d's. This is one reason why I wouldn't tell someone to switch from insteon to zwave or vice versa. Using one or the other doesn't guarantee a trouble free system. Most likely you don't have a lot of things causing issues. Since you've isolated what room is causing the problem, I would start with unplugging things there until you find the culprit. Once found, put a filter on it.
-
Hidden Door Sensor - False Triggers
I've never had that issue personally. I would factory reset the device, put into linking mode and then restore the device using the ISY admin console
-
Insteon Micro On/Off - Flood Light Motion Sensor
Yes, that one. Inside, I use zwave sensors because they look better in my opinion
-
Insteon Micro On/Off - Flood Light Motion Sensor
My outdoor sensors are insteon sensors. I haven't had any issues here in NC with our storms here.
-
Insteon Micro On/Off - Flood Light Motion Sensor
When I built my house, I used a standard flood light with an inlinelinc dimmer and separate motion sensor with it. I went this way because it allows me to disconnect the sensor from the light for times when I don't want the motion sensor to kick in. For example, my entertainment scene turns on the flood lights so people can clearly see the all times. Had I done it with a hardwired sensor, once tripped, the sensor would override the settings and turn the lights off. By keeping them separate, I am able to control the lights separately without the motion sensor kicking in. Late at night when I want the sensor to be used, then the program activates allowing motion lights. I used a dimmer because I knew I would be using really bright bulbs. This allows me to dim them for normal use and full blast when on the motion. I also prefer the ramping effect of a dimmer vs. a light simply turning on.
-
Z-Wave Scene Not Triggering
I really couldn't say what zwave switches are scene capable as I use insteon switches and Zwave sensors. The copper aspire line as well as some leviton switches more than likely are. I believe the new GE. Zwave plus switches are also. Zwave can control insteon as I have a few directly linked to insteon switches via scenes so I can confirm that on some level support for both ways.
-
Z-Wave Scene Not Triggering
That confirms it. It's sending it's status. Not the command itself.