Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lilyoyo1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lilyoyo1

  1. There's no lawsuit from using a deprecated feature. This is especially true since those devices were out before the feature was dropped. Since the lutron patent ended, it would behoove leviton (and others) to change how their devices work but that does take time and it is still their choice whether or not to embark on that. While smartthings and UDI may not use hail, other controllers do so the products can be used. With all that said, this is my biggest gripe about zwave. It's too fractured. Regardless of what generation, manufacturers still get to pick and choose what they support leading to a confused end user.
  2. I have a couple of the 2844 motion sensors for testing and they work fine for what I would do for them. Their full feature set is not supported with the ISY at this time. For personal use, I use the fibaro motion sensors and they work great
  3. Where did you find the price of the insteon motion sensors? Smarthome sells it for 40 bucks. I prefer fibaro motion sensors. It works really great with the ISY and is very small. You can generally find it on smarthome or Amazon for about 52 dollars.
  4. If all you're trying to do is simply turn the lights on and off based on a schedule you would do the following If time is 430pm to 11pm Then set Christmas tree on Or else set Christmas tree off
  5. Make a test program that lasts for a minute or 2 to see if it works. Maybe there is something on the circuit itself
  6. Change the connected load to a different type of bulb if possible.
  7. With it being an older device like it is, I would say swap it as well. You're probably going to spend more time than it's worth troubleshooting it
  8. All of that is possible. It's just up to you to program it to happen that way. I've included 2 quick examples. There are multiple ways to set them up. Both can be done with variables. You could also drop them in a folder that only runs when the status of a kpl button (whatever you choose) is on. With that said, depending on your home, there are alot more variables involved which means tinking and dialing in whatever methods best suits you Basic random program If time is from 3pm to 8pm Wait 15min (check random box) Turn light on Or else turn off Device follows each other If time is 11pm Wait 10min. (Check random box) Turn off scene A Wait 30sec (check random box if desired) Turn off scene B Wait 30sec (check random box if desired) turn off Scene C
  9. Reading your symptoms amd the fact that there are 19 with the same exact issue leads me to believe that they are set to be off. (Double tap works and turning on turns them off). Delete them from the ISY, factory reset omce more and then re-add them. This way they are being added with a clean slate. Then you can set the on levels as well as ramp rate.
  10. I'm with Oberkc. The fact that the lights turn on makes me think there is something interfering with communication; especially since everything else is working. What kind of bulb are you using in that particular location? You could also trying turning that particular device on/off by itself to see if it works outside of the scene
  11. If you have all devices prior to the install, you can add them to the ISY beforehand and then take it to the location for the installation. That is how I handle mine. This allows me to factory reset devices and verify they are working before installing them. By verifying, should there be issues, I'm not troubleshooting a defective device thus saving time
  12. How did you perform the factory reset on your modules? Anytime I hear about multiple devices with the same exact issues leads me to believe that there is something external causing issues rather than the device itself. The fact that they are responding to the fast on command shows that the lamplimcs are working. It sounds like something possibly made them revert to 0% (or off) when turned on (since they come on with fast on). While me asking about the reset may sound trivial many times a reset has been done improperly which means the issue still exists. When doing the reset, make sure the buzzing stops before letting go out the set button.
  13. I've used insteon for many years (even early 2476 models). Though all of my devices are newer for the most part, even back then the DBL tap worked as a fast on.
  14. lilyoyo1 replied to tazman's topic in ISY994
    Duplicate post. Responded to your other post.
  15. lilyoyo1 replied to tazman's topic in ISY994
    The schlage sense is Bluetooth enabled not zwave. You would not be able to use it with the ISY. Schlage does sell a wifi adapter for 80 bucks that would allow you to lock your door with Alex (but not unlock) You can find more info out on their website.
  16. I like that idea.
  17. You would still need the ISY zwave module should you get the smartthings hub. Even if it takes time to build your zwave network, you'll be in better position waiting and saving rather than taking the cheapest route. You're better off investing the money you would use getting the smartthings into having the proper zwave devices to run your system the way you would like.
  18. Id continue to use insteon since you've already invested a great deal into them. Where they are weak, I would recommend using zwave in its place. That is the route that I took. I use zwave sensors over insteon's and zwave outlets to provide the repeating that is needed. I personally love Insteon switches. The look and feel of them are much much better than I have seen from any zwave device to date. When it comes to sensors however, zwave has insteon beat by a long shot.
  19. lilyoyo1 replied to Bmartin15's topic in Google Home
    It was cool for me when I first used it but I never adjusted. My girl still uses the app but I manually turn on the shower since I constantly forget about the app
  20. lilyoyo1 replied to Bmartin15's topic in Google Home
    When I built my house that's why I went with the Moen over Kohler. The way it looked, I figured if one were to ever be supported it would be them. Enough time has passed that I highly doubt either is working to expand either product. I will say, if someone ever releases a product that is more open, I'd rip the Moen out in a heartbeat. The important part is that the infrastructure is in place
  21. lilyoyo1 replied to Bmartin15's topic in Google Home
    Its a great system. I just wish they would open it up a lot more. Im not a big fan of using apps.
  22. Each technology has its own pros and cons. Personally, I feel insteon is better than zwave with the ISY. However I do use a combination of the 2 protocols. I prefer Insteon switches over zwave and zwave (fibaro) sensors over insteon sensors. For repeating zwave signals, I use the Cooper aspire outlets. Due to being recessed, you may need more than you want to invest for range but I have not issues. Many people will get the aetec Siren/chime to repeat zwave signals. Both work really well, but I'm simply not a fan of wall worts. It's Paramount that you have a full mesh network regardless of protocol to ensure reliable communication.
  23. I'd go with Oberkc suggestion. Add all of the devices you want controlled to a single scene (as responders) and simply write a program that turns the scene off at 10 like you want.
  24. lilyoyo1 replied to Bmartin15's topic in Google Home
    Not yet. I've heard rumors that say they are working on it with Alexa but I have yet to see anything geared towards that as of yet. They won't even release the api so people can code their own systems
  25. lilyoyo1 replied to midrar's topic in ISY994
    I have the ecobee3 thermostats. While mine are not controlled by my ISY they can be. For my use, it does all that I need for it to do on it's on. They also work with Google home and Alexa so regardless of which one you use you would be ok.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.