Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jkraus

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jkraus

  1. jkraus posted a topic in ISY994
    been a long time isy user, but despite reading the details on Polisy it still kind of escapes me. so the Polisy is not a isy replacement but accessory to integrate other protocols? if so how does the isy use that capability in its programs?
  2. Suppose I have a scene that I want to change the light brightness level of certain light in the scene. I update the scene for the brightness level of that light, but then I need to go and change the controllers in that scene for the light brightness level also. There used to be something like "update from the scene" that would easily update my controller in that scene, but seems tho have disappeared. Any other easy way to make "universal adjustment" to the controller from the scene setting?
  3. Yipee! it was the power supply! Got one of those universal power adapters with the different connectors, and picked the right one. Interesting that isy reset password to admin...but in any case its working!
  4. Oh my, don't think it was related, but was installing a new Z-wave device today. It installed and worked fine, hours later, isy not working. Power led blinking dim then bright. Any ideas? Joe
  5. so, what do you use if MSII are not good, as original MS are no longer sold, are they?
  6. jkraus posted a topic in ISY994
    I have had some MS controlling scenes for some time. For some reason they have stopped working correctly. To debug I have reduced the program to the simplest possible program, but it still does not work right. It seems to ignore my KPL status and turn the light off even if the KPL is turned on Workbench MS off Copy - [ID 0002][Parent 0022] If 'Old Garage MS' is switched Off And 'Garage KPL / Garage KPL B' Status is Off Then Wait 2 seconds Set 'Workbench On-Off Module' Off Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') I am doing this so if the workbench on/off module is turned by a scene that includes the KPL -B then the MS will not turn off the workbench module off I have done this "forever" but cant seem to get it to work now
  7. OK, I know I am doing something wrong. My programs stopped working and there is a red line on the left of the program icon. The programs are enabled, what wrong? Thx Joe
  8. Thnaks for the link. I have tried hooking up directly to the router, no luck. I opened a UDI support ticket and the recommendation is to try to check all three boxes when clearing the Java cache. I will try that when I get home, but seems very odd that sometimes I can "kind of login" under the admin default rather than my id and pass. very strange, but will see tonight Joe
  9. well...now it seems, probably due to a power outage today also, that I cannot communicate with two device. but also I still keep getting the socket failure warning. Any ideas?
  10. Never mind!...for some reason it defaulted to admin
  11. Have a new computer. installed Java, but despite the admin counsel seeing my isy, I cannot login. I know the user ID and password, but after several attempts it stops and give me a socket error
  12. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    Thanks! Yes, I think the scene that cause the problem has an on/off module in it. Is is a motion sensor scene to turn on a on/off module to turn on the garage lights and I think the "all on" happened when someone went into the garage. , so I will unplug and replug. Glad I am not the only one
  13. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    Thanks Techman, this MAY have been the problem, made changes and will see! " "You don't have any programs that use Control for a device and then send a Scene command to a scene which includes the same physical device. So different buttons from the same KPL are considered one device"
  14. jkraus posted a topic in ISY994
    I know this is a tough one, but every several months (not regular intervals to my knowledge) I get random turn on of several of my scenes. It all happens at once. I cannot pinpoint the error with my event log nor my program summary. Last time it happened I remove an old program that may have been the culprit, but alas it happened again today. I know this is a tough one, but anyone see this issue? In other word does Insteon, by nature of RF just sometimes "glitch"? Today, it MIGHT have happened when someone entered the garage and the motion sensor went off, but I do not see any issue with the motion sensor program, nor like I said, it happens only once in several months
  15. jkraus posted a topic in ISY994
    I recently upgraded to ver 5.x and all seems fine. It seems very similar to 4.x, just wanted to know what can you do with 5.x that is new. I assume some major differences since major version # change, but since I have a relatively simple system, maybe I just do not see any major changes...not that I am complaining as all works well! Joe
  16. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    here is my simple program note that the workbench lite is part of a scene so the "turn on" in this program is redundant (and yes I do have the "on only" enabled)
  17. jkraus posted a topic in ISY994
    I installed a new MS II in my garage, and works fine. I think the default sensitivity was "7". I see the numbers go up really high (I assume higher is more sensitive) and tried a much higher number but did not seem to help. Do I have the backwards? anyone play with this setting? Thanks Joe
  18. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    How do I replace? do not see the selection in a program...probably missing the obvious
  19. jkraus posted a topic in ISY994
    hi, just upgraded to 5.0.14 and my "Query All" seems to have disappeared. No problem, just rewrite it, but can't seem to see how to do that. I must be missing a simple command I just cannot find. any help Thx Joe
  20. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    Hmm...now works perfectly, just like original MS. My only guess is when I was in testing modes I had the time difference between time out and program timer too small, with larger times works fine. Thanks All!
  21. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    OK, let me rewrite it and see if works, if not will post. Thnaks much
  22. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    Yea, agree. I tried that and it did not seem to work. on my old MS that would certainly work, but the new MS II it seems that when the motion timer program times out the lite the tuns off the lite even if more motion was seen, like the new motion did not restart the program timer. Do you have this working with an MS II? Thx Joe
  23. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    Thanks Mitch, really appreciate it. I will have to digest this, but in practice, if the timer runs out and there is still motion, the light goes our for a while then back on after it can detect more motion? My previous solution was so elegant because this never happened as it kept sending ON signals so the timer kept resetting. Thnaks again, I really appreciate your extra effort! Joe
  24. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    OK, maybe your on to something, as have not quite got all of the settings yet (eg not sure what multiple nodes does), but you said you have your working, can your tell me how or copy the program here?
  25. jkraus posted a topic in ISY994
    Upgraded to 5.x (went very well), added a MS II, but it does not seem to be acting the same way as the original MS. The old one would send a new ON command each time it was triggered, but the new one does not seem to. Hear's how I am using the old one, let me know some thought on how to duplicate it with the MS II Old set up for a garage lite Had MS to send ON only had the MS in a a scene to control a light had a program to turn off the light IF certain time was met AND a min remote switch was in the OFF potion I did it this way so that since it was in the scene the ON would be quick, but the OFF was determine by a program and the condition of a switch so that I could override the OFF because sometime if we are in the garage without much motion it would turn off. The program would continue to reset the timer since each time it received a new ON command it would start over. with the new MS does not seem to work so I assume that the new MS does not repeat ON commands each time it detects motion....or as very possibly, I am missing something Thanks Joe

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.