KPL LED to show current state of Light

andrew77

Hi Guys;

I would love to get to the bottom of this. For a few reasons.

The state of the LED does not always show the state of the light.

I always seem to have to press a KPL button to "turn on" and light that's already on to shut it off.

And to show me that one of the lights in the basement is on and I want to shut them all off with one click.

I've looked at this on the wiki...

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... ow_Program

And I've made my scene where the KPL button in question is a responder.

We need to add the KeypadLinc button to a separate Scene as a responder so you can control the LED
(from the wiki)

but alas I am thwarted in my endeavours. Curses!!!

Do I make my scene (where my KPL button is the only thing in it and a responder)

trigger by a program that says…

(and forgive the following babble)

If light is on

then KPL scene is on

and then another program stating

If light is off

the KPL scene is off.

???

Drew

Drew-

If you want the KPL button to also turn the linked light(s) on/off, then the button should be a CONTROLLER in the scene along with any other devices that you wish to control the scene.

If the KPL LED has not been accuratly representing the status of the scene as a responder, that indicates a communications issue to me.

-Xathros

Hi Xathros;

If I try to add the KPL button to the scene it'll tell me it is already a member of the scene.

The KPL does turn the light on and off.

My issue is if the light is triggered by another scene the KPL LED doesn't always show the current state of the light.

It must be something in my scene or program or something?

(Sorry if I'm being to vague)

It cant be comm issues. I have gone through everything with a fine tooth comb. I'm getting no errors as far as that goes.

I just replaced a failing PLM that solved every comm issue.

Drew

Hi Drew-

If the Other scene that turns on the light but not the KPL led is the issue, then the KPL button needs to be added to the OTHER scene as a responder. Sorry, I had misunderstood your original post. If the KPL is operating a scene, it must already be a controller in that scene.

I guess I need a cleaner understanding of your scene definitions and what exactly you want to happen with this KPL button from both a control and feedback standpoint. It sounds like you have some overlapping scenes and you may require a program or two to accomplish your goal.

-Xathros

I have almost the same problem. I have a scene with a lamplinc and KPL, when I turn KPL on the lamplinc turns on and works fine, but if I turn the lamplinc on locally, the KPL led don't come on and if I want to turn the lamplinc off from KPL I have to push KPL button 2x (on-off). so how do I get the led on the KPL to respond to turning the lamplinc on-off locally?

Thanks

chevymav-

If your Lamplinc can be used as a controller, then it should be removed and added back to the scene as a controller. My older Icon Lamplincs are responder only and don't work that way. Not sure if the new ones do or not.

-Xathros

Excellent!

Guess it's time for me to look at some newer lamplincs.

-Xathros

Speaking of looking at newer items, I have about $800 in my cart at SmartHome. I'm holding out for Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Coupled with my attempts to use the Home Improvement Gift Card could make it 25% off!

how do you make the led on KPL come on if you turn lamplinc on with ISY?

You would need to use the ISY to turn on the scene containing both the lamplinc and the KPL button rather than the lamplinc directly. Direct messages only affect the individual device not other devices linked to that device. That is what scenes are for.

-Xathros

Archived