BETA Release 2.7.2 is now available

MikeB

BETA firmware release 2.7.2 is now available for the ISY-99 and ISY-26 family of home automation / energy conservation controllers. Below is a summary of changes since our last release (2.7.1):

FIXES

- i2 reported devices were being queried using extended commands even if i1 Only Mode was chosen

- inapplicable buttons on the configuration tabs

- IOLinc and EZIO devices did not have the status of the relays updated when scenes were activated via programs

- Resetting the userid and password in the Admin Console caused all subsequent calls to fail

- Change the key size to 128 for MCE credentials encryption

- KPL Backlight range is now from 1 to 63 inclusive

- Removed the Thermostat Fan State from Query since thermostats do not support fan state

- Fixed the issue where the sequence of actions in a program would cause a few to be missed

ENHANCEMENTS

- added support for SWL Relay with Sense

- added support for InlineLinc Relay with Sense

- REST interface now supports:

-- /rest/nodes/devices ... returns only devices but no scenes

-- /rest/nodes/scenes ... returns only scenes but no devices

NOTE: Since this is a beta release, please report any problems found.

IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ THROUGH BEFORE UPGRADING

- Please ensure you have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding. Users running firmware 2.6.1 should also take a separate export of their Programs.

- Many anti-virus and firewall packages can interfere with the ISY's Administrative Console, especially during firmware updates. Please consider disabling them before running a firmware upgrade.

- Please be sure to run firmware upgrades from a stable and, if possible, hardwired network connection. Avoid running firmware upgrades from marginal wifi conncections. If possible, avoid running firmware upgrades from off-site locations.

- Browser bookmarks to the ISY and Admin Console created while running older ISY firmware versions may not work with newer firmware versions due to URL changes. Please be sure to update your shortcuts accordingly after upgrading your firmware.

- If you are having a problem locating your ISY in My Network Places, please try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i instead.

- After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

- Please note that firmware releases 2.6.1 and above now use default HTTP and HTTTPS ports (80 and 443, respectively). If you are running ISY-26 release 2.6 or ISY-99 release 1.0.0, please DISABLE internet access before this firmware upgrade, then re-enable once the upgrade is complete.

- ISY-26 owners running older firmware versions should upgrade to release 2.6.5 ( http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1409 ) before upgrading to release 2.7.2.

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-26 OWNERS RUNNING FIRMWARE 2.6.8 THROUGH 2.6.15

PLEASE be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

ISY-26 owners running firmware versions 2.6.8 through 2.6.15 will need to install temporary firmware 2.6.0 before upgrading to 2.7.2. Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.6.0 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

USERNAME: isy

PASSWORD: autoupdate

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the 2.6.0 file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot, RX and TX lights will be on (this is normal)

- download and save 2.7.2 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- login to your Admin Console using the following URL: http://www.universal-devices.com/99i

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING, and choose the 2.7.2 file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-26 OWNERS RUNNING ALL OTHER FIRMWARE VERSIONS

As noted above, ISY-26 owners running older firmware versions should upgrade to 2.6.5 before proceeding.

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.7.2 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the 2.7.2 file downloaded in the previous step

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-99 OWNERS

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the 2.7.2 file downloaded in the previous step

REMINDER!

After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

OK, I've tried just about everything under the sun to get this stupid little black box to update, and I'm getting tired of it. 3 separate computers (2 PCs, one mac), antivirus and firewall on, off, you name it) and it KEEPS HANGING! IE, Firfox, Safari... Through the router, directly connected, over wifi (only a few times, and that's actually what did work to get it to the current firmware). But now, over and over and over, I get "Update Failed: Invalid Length". I've cleared java files so many times I think I'll dream about it.

This has been getting worse and worse, and I think you need to do something about it, soon. Sending out new releases and beta versions does little good if many of us can't get our ISY units to take the updates.

Seriously, UDI - this is getting old, and I'm using up hours of time on this. And from what I've read, I'm not the only one.

Firmware now is 2.7.0 (took about 30 tries or more to get that to go) with an ISY 99i Pro.

madcodger,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. I do wish that I could give you better answers but, at the moment, the only way we can reproduce these issues is introducing firewall/network issues the total occurrences of which is less than 2% of all our installed equipment. This does not at all mean that there are no bug. It's also very possible that you have a defective unit in which case we'll replace it with no questions asked.

In the meantime - and if your ISY can be accessed remotely - we can try upgrading it remotely. If it works then, at the least, we know it's not a hardware issue. If you would like, please send your ISY's remote URL (and please change the credentials to admin/admin) to support@universal-devices.com and we'll give it a try.

As we do take all issues and reported bugs quite seriously, rest assured that we are working on it and hopefully we'll find a solution that will address those 2%.

With kind regards,

Michel

OK, I've tried just about everything under the sun to get this stupid little black box to update, and I'm getting tired of it. 3 separate computers (2 PCs, one mac), antivirus and firewall on, off, you name it) and it KEEPS HANGING! IE, Firfox, Safari... Through the router, directly connected, over wifi (only a few times, and that's actually what did work to get it to the current firmware). But now, over and over and over, I get "Update Failed: Invalid Length". I've cleared java files so many times I think I'll dream about it.

This has been getting worse and worse, and I think you need to do something about it, soon. Sending out new releases and beta versions does little good if many of us can't get our ISY units to take the updates.

Seriously, UDI - this is getting old, and I'm using up hours of time on this. And from what I've read, I'm not the only one.

Firmware now is 2.7.0 (took about 30 tries or more to get that to go) with an ISY 99i Pro.

Hello

I just upgraded to 2.7.2 and immediately noticed a problem with the 2 IOLincs that are installed. When I try to set options I get the message "Request Failed".

I linked a new IOLinc using icon "New Insteon Device" added the address and left at auto discovery. Linked OK but get the same 'Request Failed" message when trying to set options.

Also if the sensor is queried after it had been turned ON the query shows off. I think this had been mentioned before. Don't know if this is normal operation for the IOLinc or not.

Update: Queries to the relay works OK but any queries to the sensor seams to be for the relay and never the sensor.

Thanks for your help.

Gary

Hi all,

I also have two IOLinc devices, one for each of two garage doors. Using 2.7.0, the sensor status was never correct when queried. I had hoped that this might be resolved in 2.7.2, judging from other forum discussions. (e.g. http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2462).

I applied 2.7.2b earlier today, and it did not resolve the sensor status issue. As garybixler noted, the newest firmware introduced a new problem: the “Request Failed†message when ‘set options’ is selected. I cycled one of the doors to check the sensor status, and I did momentarily get a value of 1% when the sensor was closed. The IOLinc status query does return a value of 1 for a closed sensor, vs. 0 for open, so I found it somewhat encouraging when the status query returned 1%. But it went back to ‘Off’ when queried again. I hope that it will be fixed soon, as not knowing whether a garage door is open or closed is a bit of a concern.

Update: Queries to the relay works OK but any queries to the sensor seams to be for the relay and never the sensor.

I just tested this and I can query both the relay and the sensor without any problem. The Event viewer confirms both units are indeed queried: Date Time : [insteon address.1] ST 0 and Date Time [insteon address.2] ST 0.

As garybixler noted, the newest firmware introduced a new problem: the “Request Failed†message when ‘set options’ is selected.

Same here. This message appears before the dialog box. It seems current options cannot be read from the device, and setting new options doesn't work either.

Traditore

What happens in my case is that if the sensor is on and the relay is on they both show on in a query. But if the sensor is on and the relay is off they both show off in a query.

My IOLincs don't show the address.1 or address.2. I only see the address. This is the same with all 3 IOLincs. One was just linked under 2.7.2. Very strange.

Thanks Gary

I was able to apply 2.7.2 ok, but also got the "Request Failed" when trying to set options.

I have a garage kit that I'm trying to set up, and ISY does not seem to be able to set up the momentary C setting. If I do it manually, it works (or I should say worked on 2.7.0), but cannot configure with ISY on 2.7.0, and "Request Failed" on 2.7.2.

Hello

I found a problem when querying my EZI040. I don't think this device is fully supported yet but thought that I would pass this along.

When I query ports .2, .3, .4 nothing happens. When I query port .1 I receive responses from .1, .2 and either from both or one or the other ports .3 and .4

Thanks Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks so very much. Usually and normally query can only be applied to the first node ever added to ISY and returns the results for all nodes. So, are you saying that in 4O you are getting wrong statuses even if you query 1?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello

I found a problem when querying my EZI040. I don't think this device is fully supported yet but thought that I would pass this along.

When I query ports .2, .3, .4 nothing happens. When I query port .1 I receive responses from .1, .2 and either from both or one or the other ports .3 and .4

Thanks Gary

Hi Michel

The returned status appears correct for queried nodes. Here is what I am finding. Maybe correct behavior or not.

If I query node 1 I get a return status for node 1 only.

If I first query nodes2 or 3 or 4 where nothing happens and then query node1 I get returned statuses of node1 and the other node I first queried.

And if I first query node2, and node3 and node4 and then node1 I get results for all four nodes.

I am viewing the query on the viewer level 3.

Thanks for your reply

Gary

Hi Gary, thanks so very much. I will check into it.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel

The returned status appears correct for queried nodes. Here is what I am finding. Maybe correct behavior or not.

If I query node 1 I get a return status for node 1 only.

If I first query nodes2 or 3 or 4 where nothing happens and then query node1 I get returned statuses of node1 and the other node I first queried.

And if I first query node2, and node3 and node4 and then node1 I get results for all four nodes.

I am viewing the query on the viewer level 3.

Thanks for your reply

Gary

I installed 2.7.2 and remotely triggered my Fan on through my Thermostate Adaptor by setting the mode to 'Fan'. It worked fine. The problem is when I change the mode to 'Off' it doesnt work. I change the mode and then querry the thermostat and it still shows 'Fan'. I can change to 'Heat' and other modes fine but 'Off' does not work and now I need to leave the office because I cannot turn my HVAC off.

jwagner010,

Apologies of the inconvenience. I just tested it here on two thermostats:

Your Fan should be in Auto mode otherwise thermostat Mode will have no impact.

If this does not work for you, then I suspect either you have an older thermostat firmware or we do!

With kind regards,

Michel

I installed 2.7.2 and remotely triggered my Fan on through my Thermostate Adaptor by setting the mode to 'Fan'. It worked fine. The problem is when I change the mode to 'Off' it doesnt work. I change the mode and then querry the thermostat and it still shows 'Fan'. I can change to 'Heat' and other modes fine but 'Off' does not work and now I need to leave the office because I cannot turn my HVAC off.

Ok here is the bug. With Fan State set to Auto and Thermostat Mode set to Off I then change Thermostat Mode from Off to Fan and the fan comes on. I then change Thermostat Mode back from Fan to Off and nothing happens. HOWEVER, if I change change Thermostat Mode back from Fan to Off AND also set Fan State from Auto to Auto it turns off even though Fan State is already Auto. For some reason ISY is requiring I set Fan State from Auto to Auto.

Firmware is v.28

Hello jwagner010,

I cannot reproduce this problem here as such I would like to humbly ask others on the forum to perform this test and report back.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

Ok here is the bug. With Fan State set to Auto and Thermostat Mode set to Off I then change Thermostat Mode from Off to Fan and the fan comes on. I then change Thermostat Mode back from Fan to Off and nothing happens. HOWEVER, if I change change Thermostat Mode back from Fan to Off AND also set Fan State from Auto to Auto it turns off even though Fan State is already Auto. For some reason ISY is requiring I set Fan State from Auto to Auto.

Firmware is v.28

No matter what I do I can not get this RL to link. It is an old i1 RL. It tries, but a few seconds into the linking process it says "Failed Reverting to i1 messaging.

I did not want to set the Advanced Options to I1 only because of the very

ominous warning message!

What am I missing?

Joe

Rand:

I tried the Device Reported but with the same results.

So I tried it the old fashioned way...Trying to link the RL with ANY device.

Did not link. So, called SH and another one is on its way.

Sometimes you have to punt...

Joe

For what it's worth, I continue to have the same problem....

To be fair, Michel has graciously offered - twice - to remote into my system to attempt to address this problem, but other matters have prevented me from preparing my system for remote access. I hope to prepare things this weekend to give him access early next week. Admittedly, though, it is frustrating...

Yes, UDI has been great about performing remote updates. In fact, I have an access rule in my firewall to specifically let them come in and perform updates (only works from their IP, so don't get any ideas :-).

One day, we shall all be lucky and UDI will be able to replicate the upgrade problem in-house, and doubtless they will fix it in short order....

To be fair, Michel has graciously offered - twice - to remote into my system to attempt to address this problem, but other matters have prevented me from preparing my system for remote access. I hope to prepare things this weekend to give him access early next week. Admittedly, though, it is frustrating...

Hello all,

Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience and I totally agree that this must be quite frustrating.

There are only a few variables which may cause this issue:

1. Firewall -- not in your cases

2. Network -- doesn't seem likely since we can upgrade remotely. I do not think the speed matters since most hubs/switches adjust for speed between ports

3. The SD Card inside - possible

4. Network PHY hardware issue

As it's very important for us to find the root cause - and since we cannot reproduce it here - if anyone with upgrade problems is interested in changing his/her SD Card (we'll provide the instructions) to test #3 above, I'll offer him/her the Web Server or WeatherBug modules for free.

Thanks in advance,

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived