BETA Release 2.7.4 is now available

MikeB

BETA firmware release 2.7.4 is now available for the ISY-99 and ISY-26 family of home automation / energy conservation controllers. Below is a summary of changes since our last release (2.7.3):

FIXES

- IOLinc status showing 1% instead of on

- Changed the maximum KPL backlight brightness to 127

- Network Resource - Escaping the URL is now optional and selectable

- Network Resource - The body now can be escaped fully and without exceptions

- ELK HTML page not accessible via mobile devices

- REST interface shows double the value of humidity

- SSL certificates not able to be imported to IE. You will have to reinstall a new certificate using https://www.universal-devices.com/ssl/insteon

- Network performance improvements

- Spurious responder links in Controller Only devices

- Net Resource TCP read issue

ENHANCEMENTS

- Support for TriggerLinc (multi-mode)

- Net Resources

-- Duplicate/copy a rule

-- Export rules

-- Import rules (adds to the current configuration)

-- Restore rules (overwrites the current configuration)

-- Added C Escaped mode which allows one to add special characters in an otherwise Raw Text mode (i.e. \r \n \t, etc.)

IMPORTANT NOTES - PLEASE READ THROUGH BEFORE UPGRADING

- If you are upgrading from an older ISY firmware release (pre-2.7), please see the following thread for special considerations:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2767

- Please ensure you have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

- Many anti-virus and firewall packages can interfere with the ISY's Administrative Console, especially during firmware updates. Please consider disabling them before running a firmware upgrade.

- Please be sure to run firmware upgrades from a stable and, if possible, hardwired network connection. Avoid running firmware upgrades from marginal wifi conncections. If possible, avoid running firmware upgrades from off-site locations.

- If you are having a problem locating your ISY in My Network Places, please try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i instead.

- After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-26 OWNERS

PLEASE be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.7.4 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

USERNAME: isy

PASSWORD: autoupdate

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the ZIP file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ISY-99 OWNERS

PLEASE be sure to have a good backup of your ISY before proceeding.

Please follow the steps below to complete your upgrade:

- download and save 2.7.4 from http://www.universal-devices.com/update ... nsteon.zip

(PLEASE DO NOT UNZIP)

- when prompted, use:

USERNAME: isy

PASSWORD: autoupdate

- login to Admin Console

- choose HELP, MANUALLY UPGRADE MY LIGHTING and choose the ZIP file downloaded in the previous step

- wait for your ISY to reboot

REMINDER!

After upgrading your firmware, please close ALL browser windows and clear your Java cache as outlined in this article: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

Hi

Thought I would wait for 2.7.4 and see if a couple of issues had changed.

I have a couple of the 2456D3 LampLincs V.33. They show up as a controller but when I apply a local ON the status isn't updated to the ISY. I do see the traffic light blink when it is turned on locally. I have local on level set to 25% and ramp rate set to 0.3 sec. The Event Viewer (3) shows no traffic from the LampLinc. I assumed when it is turned ON/OFF locally that the ISY should follow????

Also on the EZIO40 V.FF i2 is still not working. Should it be?? I relinked using Automatic and Auto discovery. It detects an i2 engine but reverts back to i1 after no response back from the EZIO. An additional problem showed up. The third relay device does not show up after relinking. Just devices --.--.--.1, --.--.--.2, and --.--.--.4. Also I did a factory reset on the EZIO just to be sure.

Thanks much for any info.

Gary

Gary,

In order to take advantage of this feature, you will have to remove and then re-add your LL (so that ISY can create the slave links in the PLM).

upstatemike, not at all. It should show 2.7.4 which means that, for some reason, the upgrade failed. Please retry and if you still have the same issue, please contact us (http://www.universal-devices.com/contact.htm).

With kind regards,

Michel

I would like to import the cert to IE so I can stop getting cert errors :) However, I am not quite sure how to do it. I installed 2.74 (confirmed in about page), requested a new cert from your CA (by clicking on the SSL cert menu in help). But it still will not let me copy the cert out with IE so I can import it into the trusted root CA's.

I work with certs at work all the time, so I am probably WAY over thinking this, and it is probably something simple...

W

EDIT: I found a work around... I exported it from Firefox as a p7c, renamed it to a p7b, and imported it into the Trusted Root CA's store, and it works!

I would like to import the cert to IE so I can stop getting cert errors :) However, I am not quite sure how to do it. I installed 2.74 (confirmed in about page), requested a new cert from your CA (by clicking on the SSL cert menu in help). But it still will not let me copy the cert out with IE so I can import it into the trusted root CA's.

I work with certs at work all the time, so I am probably WAY over thinking this, and it is probably something simple...

W

When IE goes to the ISY page it should pop-up a cert warning. Clicking on View Cert will allow you to Install the cert. Or don't you get the warning?

Here are some wiki pages:

Request&Manage_SSL_Certificates

Internet_Explorer_SSL_Certificate_Install

Edit: Glad you worked it out W.

When I link a remotelinc button to the IOLinc relay manually while the relay is closed (LED bright), it links such that an ON from the RL button closes the relay. I believe this is correct functionality.

When I link the RL button to the IOLinc relay (relay closed) with the ISY, when i then press OFF on the RL button it closes the relay, and pressing ON opens the relay. I can't figure out how to get the RL's ON to close the relay using ISY linking.

My goal is to add an Insteon motion detector to the scene. When the MD sees motion, it sends an ON. I don't believe it can be configured to send an OFF when first seeing motion. This is why I need the ON to close the relay.

I will need the relay in momentary:A mode so the motion detector's ON will close the relay for 2 seconds (to energize a chime). I've been linking while in latch mode and then changing to Momentary:A mode. I tried to increase the Timeout time so I would have time to try doing the linking in Momentary mode. Changing the Timeout value in the IOLinc's settings doesn't seem to work. I tried 15 and 25 seconds and when I then push the IOLinc's button (in Momentary:A mode), the relay closes everytime for only 2 seconds.

Yes, the IOLinc relay is 100% when viewing the scene at the time that the RL button is added to the scene.

After creating the scene, I add the IOLinc Relay to the scene, then press the button on the IOLinc to close the relay (latch mode). Highlighting the relay onscreen still indicates OFF. I then do a Query. It then indicates ON. I'm confused though at this point by the fact that if i highlight the scene, it tells me at the top that the relay is ON but lower down indicates the relay's on level is 0%. Is this inconsistent or do i not understand something?

Anyway, this last try, I moved the slider to 100% so the relay was ON and 100% and then I dragged the RL button into the scene. Again, The RL's OFF closes the relay rather than the RL's ON.

The IOLinc is V1.1 0914 and the s/w is 2.7.4.

Scott

Hold on - it obviously is something that I don't understand. As a result of your question, after I linked, I highlighted the RL button in the scene and noticed that it indicated relay ON but On Level 0%. So I moved the slider to 100% and now it works as I wanted. Now RL button's ON closes the relay.

So reversing the functionality isn't done at link time but afterwards in this case...

Can you tell me if this makes sense?

(and if so, why?)

Scott

No, it doesn't make sense Scott. Either way when linking should link. Any device added to a scene should by default be On. I thought the programmers had fixed this with the IOLinc earlier, I have sent another notice to them and they are anxious to fix this issue. The I/OLinc seems to be unique in this aspect but we are committed to ensuring communication with every Insteon device.

We are sorry for your inconvenience and it should be more automatic in the future.

Hold on - it obviously is something that I don't understand. As a result of your question, after I linked, I highlighted the RL button in the scene and noticed that it indicated relay ON but On Level 0%. So I moved the slider to 100% and now it works as I wanted. Now RL button's ON closes the relay.

So reversing the functionality isn't done at link time but afterwards in this case...

Can you tell me if this makes sense?

(and if so, why?)

Scott

With 2.7.4; I'm finding the IOLink is working perfect for the first time. Sensor and Relay respond as expected. My single IOLink controls a garage door flawlessly now. I get a message when every hour it's left open, I can close it remotely and it works well after power failure too. Thanks for fixing this !

Hi Gang, Long time no post.

I can't seem to open the log. The first time I tried, (after the upgrade) the Trend, Log and Clear Log were grayed out. I guessed that the upgrade cleared the log although that never happened on any other upgrade. Sure enough a few hours later, I supposed I had data and they were no longer grayed. So I clicked on Log. Several HOURS later I still had the hourglass, so I closed the Admin Console and reopened. Trend, Log and Clear Log were grayed out. This scenario repeated itself. What's up with that?

Joe

Same here with the IOLinc. Sensor state reflects true condition. Maybe put this one to bed. :D

Gary

One thing to mention is Link Management | Advanced Options must be set to Automatic mode (the default) to reliably configure the IOLinc Options. This is the best selection for most devices.

Rand

Joe,

The upgrade should not have cleared the log. Have you cleared the Java cache? Clearing_Your_Java_Cache.

Is the Error light blinking on your ISY?

Rand

Hi Gang, Long time no post.

I can't seem to open the log. The first time I tried, (after the upgrade) the Trend, Log and Clear Log were grayed out. I guessed that the upgrade cleared the log although that never happened on any other upgrade. Sure enough a few hours later, I supposed I had data and they were no longer grayed. So I clicked on Log. Several HOURS later I still had the hourglass, so I closed the Admin Console and reopened. Trend, Log and Clear Log were grayed out. This scenario repeated itself. What's up with that?

Joe

Hi Joe -

Not seeing any Log issues here. Did you clear your Java cache after upgrading the firmware?

Mike/Rand:

Thank you for the prompt replies.

The upgrade should not have cleared the log. Have you cleared the Java cache?

Yes, but I'll try it again. Give me a bit to close down all the browsers in the house. I have in-laws here this weekend, and it could be a while...

Is the Error light blinking on your ISY?

No.

Joe

Mike/Rand:

Yes, but I'll try it again. Give me a bit to close down all the browsers in the house. I have in-laws here this weekend, and it could be a while...

Is another PC connected to the ISY?

Mike/Rand:

Is another PC connected to the ISY?

Possibly. I'm still having my coffee and we have 10 computers in all corners of this house. I will go around and check, disconnect any connected to the ISY, clear the Java Cache and give it a go.

Joe

BETA firmware release 2.7.4 is now available for the ... ISY-26 family ...

I'm jumping back to trying to get my ISY-26 working after a year and a half of being distracted. The last I posted, 2007 Dec, I was having a firmware update problem similar to others at the time and I thought I had success with the recommended procedures. In fact, I soon discovered that I had only changed appearances and not fixed the update. I never got back to the discussion here in the forum. So there may be long standing issues for my ISY-26.

I tried to upgrade with the Beta 2.7.4 and got the error,

Upgrade Failed :java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening file

with Java 6 update 13 installed.

I'm installing over version 2.7.0 which I downloaded and installed a few months ago. It seemed to update normally, but I was still busy and never tested it. Now when I tried to "start linking" with it, the linking dialogue would not appear. So I jumped to the Beta so I'd be working with the latest.

Feel free to move this to another thread if the problem is inappropriate here.

Thanks!

Bill H

... If the dialog does not appear, I suspect the PLM ...

Thanks for that last thought. The PLM had been plugged in place for a couple of years. I unplugged it, let it rest a few minutes, then plugged it back in with factory reset. It lit the status LED solid.

But then I tried the diagnostic PLM status from the admin console and got the error,

0.0.0 v0 / Not Connected

so it's looking like the PLM or the ISY's communication with it. Just for fun I tried the FW upgrade again and got the same ZipException.

Bill H

Archived