Release 5.3.0 - OUTDATED

Chris Jahn

59 minutes ago, oberkc said:

I had to move my lock close to the ISY to successfully exclude/include.  I found, also, that the process assigned a new ZW-XX number to any device so excluded/included.  In the case of my lock, a factory reset was also needed.  If your ZW026 is the same ID as before, I suggest that your exclude/factory reset/include process was not entirely successful.

ZW026 was new, it was ZW006.  Thanks!

Thanks...Have not Factory reset my locks ...YET!

I set a custom Programming Code on all four and will have to go through that again also...

The downside of IOT!

5 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

@Michel Kohanim I found another potential bug with Yale locks. In 5.0.16 and prior, Keypad lock was a separate command from manually locking (from the inside thumb-turn. Now the only command for locking is manual regardless of whether its from the thumb-turn or from the keypad. 

@lilyoyo1 said:

The problem with forums is that so many people comment on different things, issues can get lost in the process. UDI can't read every post to find whats what (though they chime in regularly). A ticket is the best way to get a bug fixed long term.

I thought this thread was not about reporting bugs. HAHA.

42 minutes ago, tibbar said:

@lilyoyo1 said:

The problem with forums is that so many people comment on different things, issues can get lost in the process. UDI can't read every post to find whats what (though they chime in regularly). A ticket is the best way to get a bug fixed long term.

I thought this thread was not about reporting bugs. HAHA.

I posted on here for others to know in addition to UDI so that others are aware should they have the same issue. It's not just for UDI to know. I still submitted a ticket as well.

Edited by lilyoyo1

Three days into the Z-Wave Network rebuild and all for BE469ZPs are still reporting 100%

Looks like the network rebuild worked!

One lesson learned is to track the ZW addresses for the devices and add them back in the same order to preserve program and custom configurations.  That added a lot of time and effort.

And the mouser is still at 80% after three days but started there since been operational for six months...hasn't taken any out yet although I did find mickey legs up about a month ago but probably from a baited trap. 

Also initiated my new POLISY as I branch into a new realm.  Working so far with basic commands for:

SONOS
HUE
LIFX
ECOBEE

Just wish I knew it didn't yet work with hidden SSIDs.  makes the pro version useless for me right now.

/Bill

Just upgraded from 5.0.16c to 5.3.0 and I'm seeing an artifact / error on some of my switches related to the Beep:

Capture.PNG.705ecabe17d89de8dd0726b1b9ec5222.PNG

I don't recall it being there before, but I can't be sure as I don't live in this UI!

This particular switch is a 2476D. I didn't check all my devices but I'm seeing it on other 2476D's but not the 2477D. Also some Lamplincs but not others. I assume it's older devices which don't support the Beep functionality; in which case a better indication would be to disable the widgets rather than display gobbledygook.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andrewm said:

Just upgraded from 5.0.16c to 5.3.0 and I'm seeing an artifact / error on some of my switches related to the Beep:

I don't recall it being there before, but I can't be sure as I don't live in this UI!

This particular switch is a 2476D. I didn't check all my devices but I'm seeing it on other 2476D's but not the 2477D. Also some Lamplincs but not others. I assume it's older devices which don't support the Beep functionality; in which case a better indication would be to disable the widgets rather than display gobbledygook.

Did you clear your Java

2 hours ago, andrewm said:

Yup, I am seeing this too.  

On 10/31/2020 at 1:04 PM, andrewm said:

On 10/31/2020 at 2:52 PM, SetMonkey13 said:

I'm noticing the same thing and did clean the Java, still shows up.

On 10/31/2020 at 3:34 PM, blueman2 said:

Yup, I am seeing this too.  

Apparently, this isn't a global issue with 5.3.0.  I just crawled through my AC (5.3.0) and I don't see that artifact in any of my 211 Insteon devices, most of which support the Beep.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

Apparently, this isn't a global issue with 5.3.0.  I just crawled through my AC (5.3.0) and I don't see that artifact in any of my 211 Insteon devices, most of which support the Beep.

For me, shows up on all of my 2476D dimmers.  Nothing else.  It is merely cosmetic though and does not impact usability in any way.  

I just migrated from 4.7.3 to 5.3.   Scenes and Devices came over and the Programs seemed to be there in the Admin Console (which I use nearly 100% of the time).  When I went through the Portal to use the version that looks like the phone app, I didn't see the programs. 

My light automation wasn't working.  I discovered the programs were not saved from the admin console.  When I saved them, they started working and show up in the app.   

So, saving the programs is an extra step I missed.

As I don't use the Dashboard (but want to see the new 5.0 features) what is the difference between My Programs (empty window frame) and Program Manager (where I can see the list of programs I created but don't seem to be able to do anything with them)?  I guess it is time to read the manual on the Dashboard.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anything changed with global heal/network under the Z-Wave menu? I just upgraded to 5.3 from the RCs and I've lost this menu. I have repair links/update neighbors under each individual node. I believe this used to mean that the ISY did not think it was the primary controller. 

image.png.b2402ff7648e182be50756e3a475612b.png 

image.png.39b7ecfc9981970fd6c5e82ce457dce4.png

image.png.f9213628128a3cbb0245eca4ee1bce79.png

Edited by nathan

On 11/2/2020 at 8:20 PM, svetter said:

I just migrated from 4.7.3 to 5.3.   Scenes and Devices came over and the Programs seemed to be there in the Admin Console (which I use nearly 100% of the time).  When I went through the Portal to use the version that looks like the phone app, I didn't see the programs. 

My light automation wasn't working.  I discovered the programs were not saved from the admin console.  When I saved them, they started working and show up in the app.   

So, saving the programs is an extra step I missed.

As I don't use the Dashboard (but want to see the new 5.0 features) what is the difference between My Programs (empty window frame) and Program Manager (where I can see the list of programs I created but don't seem to be able to do anything with them)?  I guess it is time to read the manual on the Dashboard.

You want to use the admin console to make changes not the dashboard

53 minutes ago, nathan said:

Has anything changed with global heal/network under the Z-Wave menu? I just upgraded to 5.3 from the RCs and I've lost this menu. I have repair links/update neighbors under each individual node. I believe this used to mean that the ISY did not think it was the primary controller. 

image.png.b2402ff7648e182be50756e3a475612b.png 

image.png.39b7ecfc9981970fd6c5e82ce457dce4.png

image.png.f9213628128a3cbb0245eca4ee1bce79.png

This has been mentioned many times on this thread. Not sure if global heal will be added back in or not. If using zwave plus, it is self healing. Otherwise you would use update neighbors for devices that need it

Edited by lilyoyo1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

This has been mentioned many times on this thread. Not sure if global heal will be added back in or not. If using zwave plus, it is self healing. Otherwise you would use update neighbors for devices that need it

Weird. I did not read every post on this thread but I did search for the world "heal" on every page before posting and I couldn't find a single reference. Glad to hear it isn't something weird about my setup.

To be honest, I still can't find the post in this thread talking about this after another quick search. Since this is now the major release, can something be added to the main post explaining this removal? This was a common pattern for years and is still referenced by the UDI documentation. I can't imagine I'm going to be the last person to be confused by this.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, nathan said:

Weird. I did not read every post on this thread but I did search for the world "heal" on every page before posting and I couldn't find a single reference. Glad to hear it isn't something weird about my setup.

To be honest, I still can't find the post in this thread talking about this after another quick search. Since this is now the major release, can something be added to the main post explaining this removal? This was a common pattern for years and is still referenced by the UDI documentation. I can't imagine I'm going to be the last person to be confused by this.

Thanks

You can always reach out to UDI about their plans for the heal. I'm sure it's still referenced since there are other firmwares out there that it's part of. It may also be something they are working on which may come back.