Release 5.3.0 - OUTDATED

Chris Jahn

33 minutes ago, gilkesonj said:

after upgrading to 5.3.0, I'm seeing barrier devices with a lightbulb icon next to it, instead of the barrier icon.  has anyone else experienced this?

Yes.

I’m having a problem with programs after upgrading.   I used to use programs to trigger scenes.  For example, I have a scene that contains all lighting.  My my smoke bridge is activated a program runs that triggers the scene with all lights.  Since upgrading to 5.3.0 from 4.6.x I went in to update my programs and there is no longer an option to trigger a scene.  My only choices are query, backlight and write changes from the action section of the program.   The original entries that said for example “set ‘alarm lighting’ ON” now say “set ‘alarm lighting’ Don”.  And I can’t change them.  Thoughts?

14 hours ago, oberkc said:

I have been on 5.x for a while and am currently on 5.3.something.  I am still able to add a program action to turn a scene on/off/etc... 

Is it possible that you have a version mismatch between your firmware and UI?

1A49999F-AF79-4EA1-8579-4DB7348E287B.jpeg

AD472151-0FE9-42D0-A8E5-B2C098511D1F.png

10 hours ago, RCastle said:

1A49999F-AF79-4EA1-8579-4DB7348E287B.jpeg

AD472151-0FE9-42D0-A8E5-B2C098511D1F.png

I'm on 5.3.2 firmware/UI and I have the same options as @oberkc shows in his screenshot above.  The additional thing that comes to mind is that you might clear the Java cache on the computer you're using to connect to your ISY, and make sure you're using the ISY Launcher (start.jnlp) to start the Admin Console.  Something is preventing your UI from correctly loading the interface to your ISY.

1 hour ago, RCastle said:

I upgraded to 5.3.2 and that fixed my issue.  I don’t usually go to the beta versions but this time I didn’t have anything to lose.  Thanks for the help

Put some masking tape over the "beta" word. Most other companies do.

• Haha 1

I don't have this issue either with either version BUT, I have seen some strange presentations when opening the Admin Console. Sometimes, a program with a "Devicexyz Switched On" condition shows instead an  "undefined ruleset" instead instead of the control construct. Even with this, the program was working so I knew ISY was interpreting the condition properly. I have also seen limited device features, as in your example, and Z-Wave devices on the Main page not showing the proper node features.

In the past, I would re-define the condition, save, and move on to fix the Program issues. More recently, I discovered that I only needed to close and re-open the AC and the program had magically fixed itself and Z-Wave nodes on the Main page would be shown correctly.

Not sure if anybody else is seeing this but this is an easy fix to try first.

Edited by gviliunas

I have an old ISY 994i purchased in about 2013. When I do the "about", the ISY is "ISY 994i (1120)" and "OpenADR (21010)"

Before I do the upgrade to Firmware 5, can you tell me the following: 1) are all ISYs upgradeable to Firmware 5.x?  I want to add Z-Wave functionality. 2) where can I find the default password to my ISY in case my current password settings are set back to the default.  

Thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

After upgrading to 5.3 I am no longer able to send email notifications. When I click on the test button I get an error message saying mail server failure, unsupported authentication method. I am using the default smtp settings.

6 minutes ago, TDum said:

After upgrading to 5.3 I am no longer able to send email notifications. When I click on the test button I get an error message saying mail server failure, unsupported authentication method. I am using the default smtp settings.

Check this topic:

On 2/6/2021 at 9:39 AM, RCastle said:

I upgraded to 5.3.2 and that fixed my issue.  I don’t usually go to the beta versions but this time I didn’t have anything to lose.  Thanks for the help

The issue I was describing was the same.  I will try out 5.3.2.

The upgrade to 5.3 was mostly smooth, one problem that I have been unable to resolve however:

I cannot change the on level or ramp time from within the app (Insteon devices).   Fast on, off, fade etc. work.   Any ideas?   (Have also tried 5.3.1 and 5.3.2 with same results)

I have tried :

downgrade firmware to 5.0.16 (function working)
factory reset ISY
factory reset PLM
rebuild the network through adding the Insteon devices after config/factory reset.

Z-wave devices are working nicely.

Java is latest revision.   

Thanks in advance.

(Note:  I have a broad Insteon network, z-wave is limited to a Schlage lock and lamp module unused except as a repeater.   Programs are basic controls.   Nodes are through Polisy/Polyglot.   There is no functionality i NEED from 5.3.x.   Just a learning question.

DD

16 hours ago, ddurrant said:

I cannot change the on level or ramp time from within the app (Insteon devices).   Fast on, off, fade etc. work.   Any ideas?   (Have also tried 5.3.1 and 5.3.2 with same results)

It's not intuitive, but after changing the setting you must push the button to the left.  Are you doing that?

image.png.b4d4073cc63f5cfaf05f52a04e51d359.png

• Like 2

I just received a new Insteon Dimmer Switch, Model 2477D, along wit the Insteon Motion Sensor. When trying to add them into my system, I m getting this error on both devices:

image.png.f6f37c91185cd747e932bef3d404e349.png

Well, that number is the Dimmer Switch, but, both get the same error. I am running the OS Version 5.3.0

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Edited by Clif

1 hour ago, Clif said:

I just received a new Insteon Dimmer Switch, Model 2477D, along wit the Insteon Motion Sensor. When trying to add them into my system, I m getting this error on both devices:

image.png.f6f37c91185cd747e932bef3d404e349.png

Well, that number is the Dimmer Switch, but, both get the same error. I am running the OS Version 5.3.0

Any ideas on what is wrong?

I did a little more research on this. What I see, in the Admin Console, I tried once more to add the New Insteon Device. I then went through the list of supported devices, and my 2 new devices are no longer there.   I have 2 other sets of these devices running for years. Why are they no longer available to add?