Unable to access ISY

tmorse305

I know there is an active thread already on this topic with a user who has a new computer.  I didn't want the dilute his effort to get it fixed.  After reading his thread I clicked on my ISY icon on the computer I used just yesterday to access the AC.  The ISY finder opens and it hangs.  I had to use task manager to close it.  I updated Java, cleared the cache and downloaded a new finder.  Same result, it hangs after the ISY finder opens.  If I kill it and try again, this time I get an error.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks.

Note: Firewall is Defender and same result if it is on or off.

1568823357_InkedScreenshot2021-02-14122604_LI.jpg.5f1643a2b484a5e624fa7d9c2ad1a09c.jpg

33 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Are you using the launcher

Yes, although I tried it both ways, the launcher and http://myisyaddress...    Same result

Clarification:

I only see the error when I use the http://myisyaddress...

If I use the Launcher it just hangs, no error

If I use the launcher to access the Dashboard instead of the AC, it works, I can get to the dashboard and it works normally

@MrBill, thanks for the reply. I have cleared everything a few time to no avail.  I was reading online about the error I received, it was suggested that you uninstall Java.  I just did and then reinstalled.  Still not working...

Update:

I figured out how to enable the Java console.  Attached is the trace starting with launching ISY Finder and selecting the AC.  I wasn't sure how sensitive the finger print information is so I chopped a bunch of digits of the end of each one just to be safe.  Maybe this will help with the troubleshooting.  Thanks,Trace from Java console.txt

Solved!

This was my issue:

Admin Console Minimized/Invisible and Cannot be Restored

This is usually related Admin Console state files not being updated properly and especially in case of multi monitors. All you need to do is to find the following files in Java temp directory (on Windows: c:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp) and delete them. Or, you can simply search the computer for udi_*.* file patterns:

• udi_tree.state
  • udi_frame.state
  • udi_pgm.state
  • udi_finder.state
  • udi_launcher.state

Thanks again to @Michel Kohanimfor the great support he provides.

Archived