ISY on Polisy v5.3.0 (IoP) - OUTDATED

Michel Kohanim

3 hours ago, MWareman said:

I do hope this can be changed. I don't mine the queue itself - but the substitution needs to occur when the event is queued rather than when it's processed.

ditto for me. The substitution of variables at send time has been a real PITA for popcorn effects on lighting items using WiFi, and probably other end devices. Imagine the appearance of a room full of blinds with individual blinds 1-2 seconds behind each other while opening. Not as impressive as simultaneous operation.

I do hope this can be changed also. The polisy is much faster and should be able to do more homogeneous "scenes" using that speed. Right now the speed between successive usages of NR is very poor due to overlapping variable writes between repeated NR usages.

Keep on truckin'

@MWareman and those with NR issues, just pushed a fix ... it seems that, for some, the queue is not picking up the elements and they just stay there not being processed. Please do either:
1. Click on the button on the front only once, OR
2. sudo pkg ugprade isy
With kind regards,
Michel

Ahhhh. I just went through 150 NRs
Lol.
I did also find I had to tick Use SNI for my https: type NRs; the rest was just a re-save.

Also, wanted to state publicly that my IP loss issues were all my fault due to an old switch competing for the IP address.

I think I am now ready to convert my portal integrations over & then have the 994 pulling of the plug ceremony *sniff*

SeJ

17 hours ago, larryllix said:

The cable came with your PLM.

Zwave dongles can be purchased from amazon.ca or .com. Zooz is the brand name. I bought a SiLab 7 (cheaper and reported as upgraded routinely) dongle and it works just fine.

@larryllix do you see any lag on the SiLab controller when used to turn on/off switches?

I've tested Polisy with a Leviton and Zlink plugin switches paired with a Zooz dongle so far and lag is about 2 to 3 sec. The switches are in the same room and there are no hops.   I'm comparing to an Insteon PLM/switch which is pretty much instantaneous.

I'm wondering if this is just a z-wave thing I have to live with?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, mmb said:

@larryllix do you see any lag on the SiLab controller when used to turn on/off switches?

I've tested Polisy with a Leviton and Zlink plugin switches paired with a Zooz dongle so far and lag is about 2 to 3 sec. The switches are in the same room and there are no hops.   I'm comparing to an Insteon PLM/switch which is pretty much instantaneous.

I'm wondering if this is just a z-wave thing I have to live with?

Thanks.

I only have about 10-12 Aeon Energy monitoring receptacles, which are series 300 technology. I tried them a few times, forcing them to mesh (repeat anyway) and I saw no delay when operated manually from polisy manually. They actually seemed faster response than my Insteon OnOff modules, going by the sound of the clicks. I haven't actually used them as the energy reports need to be polled (washer and dryer shut-off detection) , and they would become the closest repeater point in my Zwave system. Just experimenting so far. I want to build a cleaner system and don;t want to overly pollute my polisy with poling routines.

• Like 1

Need help......   I had Polyglot 3 working under XX.X.X.XXX:3000 but I clearly made a mistake when changing a setting in PG3 after changing router. I can still get in my Polisy with PG 2 and via the ISY launcher, but no longer in PG 3.  I have no devices yet in PG 3, so I don't mind something like factory reset PG or re-installing it.

I know, more or less, how to use PutTy....... Any help is appreciated

@asbril Can you be more specific about what you changed?

To reset PG3 to it's default:

1. sudo service pg3 stop
  2. sudo rm /var/polyglot/pg3/pg3.db
  3. sudo service pg3 start

That will clear the database.  When PG3 starts and no database is present, it will create it with default values.

23 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

@asbril Can you be more specific about what you changed?

To reset PG3 to it's default:

1. sudo service pg3 stop
  2. sudo rm /var/polyglot/pg3/pg3.db
  3. sudo service pg3 start

That will clear the database.  When PG3 starts and no database is present, it will create it with default values.

THANKS

I am not very good at these things and did not want to bother Michel again. He spent so much time already to help me. I changed router a few days ago and, even though I was able to open PG 3, I noticed that in Polyglot settings it showed the old IP address, unlike as in PG which showed the new IP address. I obviously did something wrong.

I just entered exactly your steps in PutTy and got no error message.

I can still get into PG 2 but still not in PG 3. I should use the address as PG 2 but :3000 at the end instead of /dashboard  ?

10 minutes ago, asbril said:

THANKS

I am not very good at these things and did not want to bother Michel again. He spent so much time already to help me. I changed router a few days ago and, even though I was able to open PG 3, I noticed that in Polyglot settings it showed the old IP address, unlike as in PG which showed the new IP address. I obviously did something wrong.

I just entered exactly your steps in PutTy and got no error message.

I can still get into PG 2 but still not in PG 3. I should use the address as PG 2 but :3000 at the end instead of /dashboard  ?

https://XX.X.X.XXX:3000/   ?????

1 minute ago, asbril said:

pg3.thumb.jpg.2ca70ad37a9161965f5990215acce7d8.jpg

I just noticed the " No such file or directory "

It doesn't appear that pg3 was running when you tried to stop it, but it looks like it started without error.

Just now, asbril said:

No luck and it seems that PutTy is missing a file or directory

No, that's a URL for your browser, not for PuTTY.

2 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

It doesn't appear that pg3 was running when you tried to stop it, but it looks like it started without error.

No, that's a URL for your browser, not for PuTTY.

so which url do I use for PG 3.  I believe that I use Port 22 in PutTy.

8 minutes ago, asbril said:

I just noticed the " No such file or directory "

That's because pg3 wasn't running.  A *.pid file contains a process ID for the program, and since it isn't running, there isn't a '/var/polyglot/pg3/pg3.pid' file available.

Just now, Bumbershoot said:

That's because pg3 wasn't running.  A *.pid file contains a process ID for the program, and since it isn't running, there isn't a '/var/polyglot/pg3/pg3.pid' file available.

What do I do ???  I do not use the Polisy URL ?  With port 22 ?

1 minute ago, asbril said:

so which url do I use for PG 3.  I believe that I use Port 22 in PutTy.

PuTTY used secure shell to get into your Polisy, and that's over port 22.  Port 3000 is where pg3 publishes the HTML that your browser uses.  Different ports for different purposes.

4 minutes ago, asbril said:

What do I do ???  I do not use the Polisy URL ?  With port 22 ?

In your screenshot above, you were successfully logged into your Polisy.  Unless you exited that PuTTY session, you're still logged on.  If you're still logged in, type this at the command line prompt:

ps aux | grep pg3

If pg3 is running, you should get output similar to this:

[admin@polisy ~]$ ps aux | grep pg3
polyglot  2202   8.9  6.8 709108 280776  -  S    Fri14      98:22.53 /usr/local/bin/node /var/polyglot/node_modules/@universaldevices/pg3/bin/pg3.js
admin     8563   0.0  0.1  12824   2420  2  S+   14:47       0:00.01 grep pg3

PG2 is on port 80 or 443(default web port)

PG3 is on port 3000

You should be able to use the same URL you use for PG2, but add port 3000.

For example if your polisy is at ip address 192.168.1.5 you'd use:

PG2 - https://192.168.1.5/

PG3 - https://192.168.1.5:3000/

7 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

In your screenshot above, you were successfully logged into your Polisy.  Unless you exited that PuTTY session, you're still logged on.  If you're still logged in, type this at the command line prompt:

ps aux | grep pg3

If pg3 is running, you should get output similar to this:

[admin@polisy ~]$ ps aux | grep pg3
polyglot  2202   8.9  6.8 709108 280776  -  S    Fri14      98:22.53 /usr/local/bin/node /var/polyglot/node_modules/@universaldevices/pg3/bin/pg3.js
admin     8563   0.0  0.1  12824   2420  2  S+   14:47       0:00.01 grep pg3

pg3-2.jpg

1 minute ago, bpwwer said:

PG2 is on port 80 or 443(default web port)

PG3 is on port 3000

You should be able to use the same URL you use for PG2, but add port 3000.

For example if your polisy is at ip address 192.168.1.5 you'd use:

PG2 - https://192.168.1.5/

PG3 - https://192.168.1.5:3000/

That is exactly what I am doing, but I don't get anywhere