2.7.8/9 Instructions

Michel Kohanim

It actually just started working! Not sure what the issue was before.

Still going to wait to upgrade to 2.7.8 until a fix is available.

Hello sk8er02,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks to hart2hart, the system crash has been reproduced and we are now working on a fix.

As far as the network module, please ensure that your Network Module is still installed (Help | About). If not, please send your uuid to tech@universal-devices.com so that we can resolve this issue immediately.

With kind regards,

Michel

When you refer to a "Larger installation" of greater than 75 nodes in the Known Bugs, is this only in order to do the update or does the 2.7.8 not support greater than 75 nodes?

In other words, I am planning to add another 18 devices to an already-upgraded, functional 2.7.8 firmware system. This will bring me close (perhaps over) to the 75 nodes. Will I have issues with the updated firmware? Should I downdrade to 2.7.7 prior to adding all new devices?

Also, just to clarify what is meant by a node...is a KPL a single node device with multiple groups, or would 1 8-button KPL be counted as 8 nodes?

This clarification in how the nodes are counted may make this a non-issue for me.

Thanks in advance...

When you refer to a "Larger installation" of greater than 75 nodes in the Known Bugs, is this only in order to do the update or does the 2.7.8 not support greater than 75 nodes?

In other words, I am planning to add another 18 devices to an already-upgraded, functional 2.7.8 firmware system. This will bring me close (perhaps over) to the 75 nodes. Will I have issues with the updated firmware? Should I downdrade to 2.7.7 prior to adding all new devices?

Also, just to clarify what is meant by a node...is a KPL a single node device with multiple groups, or would 1 8-button KPL be counted as 8 nodes?

This clarification in how the nodes are counted may make this a non-issue for me.

Thanks in advance...

Hi there,

I want to upgrade to 2.7.7 from 2.7.6, but can't find the link for the download. I don't want to try 2.7.8 yet, as I have a large setup.

Can anyone point me to the 2.7.7 download link?

Cheers!

Never mind, I figured it out javascript:emoticon(':D')

Cheers!

Whoops. I don't think the link that I found has the latest 2.7.7 build. Can anyone direct me properly?

Cheers!

mbrett,

Would you be kind enough to test the following account settings:

server: smtp.gmail.com

port:587

userid: isyalerts@gmail.com

password: holamola

TLS: checked

gfridland,

I would wait for 2.7.9 just to be on the safe side. All reported bugs (except EZSnSRF issue) have already been fixed so we should have 2.7.9 out by the weekend.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks in advance...

Good question considering that I'm running 2.7.8 with 137+ devices and it works fine. What is the definition of a node and how is it calculated?

Joe

Michel,

Thanks for the update on 2.7.9...I will look forward to this release.

Can you please clarify the definition of a node?

For example, one 8 button KPL is 1 node or 8 nodes? Same with a motion sensor...1 node or 3 nodes (motion, dusk/dawn, low battery)

Thanks again!

Thanks in advance...

Good question considering that I'm running 2.7.8 with 137+ devices and it works fine. What is the definition of a node and how is it calculated?

Joe

Nodes are generally how many scenes a device can control. A responder only device is also a node.

Nodes:

A SwitchLinc is 1 node

LampLinc, 1 node

6-button KPL = 5 nodes

An 8-button KPL is 8 nodes

MotionSensor, 3 nodes

IOLinc 2 nodes

etc.

An ISY scene is a node

A scene with another controller is a node, but is already counted from the controller.

Not Nodes (for example):

iLinc

InterfaceGo

IES touchscreen

Rand

Thanks in advance...

Joe

Nodes are generally how many scenes a device can control. A responder only device is also a node.

Nodes:

A SwitchLinc is 1 node

LampLinc, 1 node

6-button KPL = 5 nodes

An 8-button KPL is 8 nodes

MotionSensor, 3 nodes

IOLinc 2 nodes

etc.

An ISY scene is a node

A scene with another controller is a node, but is already counted from the controller.

Not Nodes (for example):

iLinc

InterfaceGo

IES touchscreen

Rand

Rand:

So according to my calculations I have 223 nodes being run by an ISY 99 Pro IR with 2.7.8 and everything is working perfectly...Go figure.

Joe

Joe (Brignolo)...

Just a question, did you successfully upgrade from 2.7.7 to 2.7.8?

I presume that if you have 137+ devices, and some devices have multiple nodes, you have more than 137 nodes and, apparently, had no problems on the upgrade.

gfridland:

Yes, I ugraded from 2.7.7 to 2.7.8 without any issues. I have 223 nodes.

Joe

OK, it has been awhile since I upgraded my ISY (on ver 2.7.6) but I want to eliminate the clock reset issue previously documented in other threads. However, my pea sized brain cannot recall where to find the downloads for the new firmware. Where might I find the 2.7.7 firmware links on this site?

thanks for the assistance. :D

OK, it has been awhile since I upgraded my ISY (on ver 2.7.6) but I want to eliminate the clock reset issue previously documented in other threads. However, my pea sized brain cannot recall where to find the downloads for the new firmware. Where might I find the 2.7.7 firmware links on this site?

thanks for the assistance. :D

To get "invited" to load the alpha versions you have to get on UDI's email list.

Just installed 2.7.9 and it fixed the EZSnSRF issues. Everything works again. Thank you. Great job. Only small issue is that when you add a group of thermostats to a scene, the setpoints displayed are incorrect. This does not effect anything, because I control the thermostats individually, but the scene aggregation is not quite right. Silly issue and not a big deal.