Support thread for: ISY on Polisy (IoP) v5.4.4 (May 25, 2022)

5 hours ago, bpwwer said:

Wake-On-Lan node server now in the PG3 node server store.

Thanks for creating this so quickly!

It would be helpful to specify in the configuration instructions the format for the mac address (in ISY994i the segments were separated with hyphens - kind of unusual). I figured it wanted the more standard format separated by colons(e.g 90:B2:1C:6D:F2:D1).

I couldn't get either of my test computers to respond when I sent the wake command from IoP. I'll send you the logs by PM.

4 hours ago, Hoosier Daddy said:

Some cool new buttons with 5.4.4:

image.png.c301b96c35468a494c1a502fd78a4c27.png

Let's try that BIOS upgrade, right?

image.png.4d3fe8651175d80962972fc1fbeff096.png

Yikes!

Recommendations??

I received the same warning and was upgraded without issues. Make sure to have a recent back-up before upgrading your BIOS. Also, have a new password ready when you enable TPM and don't forget to keep a record of the new password.   (See below info from Michel)

TPM = Trusted Platform Module

At the highest level, it's a cryptographic chip that does not depend on anything else. In our case, it serves two purposes:

1. We can have it check the OS being run and make sure the OS (our version of FreeBSD) is signed/verified by UD
2. A root key is stored on the chip itself. The root key creates and manages a master application key that is used to create as many application keys as necessary for encrypting things (including the whole file system if need be). The only way the root key can be decrypted is via the chip. The only way the application keys can be decrypted are via the root key. So, all keys are themselves stored encrypted so the likelihood that someone can get access to the root key and application keys are exponentially reduced

So, when you enable TPM, the following takes place in the RAM (so no residue on the disk):

1. A root key is created and stored in the TPM
2. A master application key is encrypted by the root key and stored in the TPM
3. Both of the above are zipped up in a package and encrypted by your password and a very secure encryption algorithm. This file is stored in the conf directory of your IoP. So, BACK IT UP NOW

If you ever have to restore your IoP to another device, you WILL NEEED YOUR PASSWORD to decrypt #3 and recreate the keys in the new chipset. If you lose your password, you will have to start from scratch.

Edited by FloridaGary
  • Like 1

Hello all,

Some more updates:

1. 100% confident you can restore from Zooz backup
2. 90% confident you can restore from 500 series backup (994)
3. 70% confident you can restore from 300 series backup 

With regard to change of direction:

Our codebase was old with much legacy stuff around 300 series and 994. So, while we managed to migrate it to Polisy + support Zooz, S2, OTA, backup/restore made us rethink our direction as it would have taken us many moons to be able to do all that and also get certified. So, we decided to enter into a licensing agreement with Z-Wave.me and take advantage of the expertise/library for a custom-tailored solution specifically for UD/Polisy. So far, the library itself, their professionalism, and expertise have all met and exceeded all our expectations. This is why I feel confident divulging this information. 

With kind regards,
Michel

• Like 13
27 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Hello all,

Some more updates:

1. 100% confident you can restore from Zooz backup
2. 90% confident you can restore from 500 series backup (994)
3. 70% confident you can restore from 300 series backup 

With regard to change of direction:

Our codebase was old with much legacy stuff around 300 series and 994. So, while we managed to migrate it to Polisy + support Zooz, S2, OTA, backup/restore made us rethink our direction as it would have taken us many moons to be able to do all that and also get certified. So, we decided to enter into a licensing agreement with Z-Wave.me and take advantage of the expertise/library for a custom-tailored solution specifically for UD/Polisy. So far, the library itself, their professionalism, and expertise have all met and exceeded all our expectations. This is why I feel confident divulging this information. 

With kind regards,
Michel

I am impressed  and hope for the 90% probability 500 series backup !   :-) 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

So, we decided to enter into a licensing agreement with Z-Wave.me and take advantage of the expertise/library for a custom-tailored solution specifically for UD/Polisy.

Brilliant!  With the demise of Insteon, this has to be the right direction to take!

• Like 1
On 5/30/2022 at 1:20 PM, bpwwer said:

Wake-On-Lan node server now in the PG3 node server store.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:56 PM, DaveStLou said:

Thanks for creating this so quickly!

It would be helpful to specify in the configuration instructions the format for the mac address (in ISY994i the segments were separated with hyphens - kind of unusual). I figured it wanted the more standard format separated by colons(e.g 90:B2:1C:6D:F2:D1).

I couldn't get either of my test computers to respond when I sent the wake command from IoP. I'll send you the logs by PM.

Since there's no Wake-On-Lan thread yet under PG3, just letting those who are interested know that version 1.0.2 of this node server works. Thanks @bpwwer!

Edited by DaveStLou
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

After upgrading to 5.4.4 all my battery devices are acting strange.  My motion sensors are not reporting motion.  I have restored them and 1 of them is working, the other is not.  I have all 2 way devices and it has never been an issue.  Also, all my leak sensors are missing their heartbeat interval.  I have programs that monitor for a heartbeat every 48 hours, none of them are getting heartbeat messages.   Anyone else seeing this behavior?  Was on 5.4.3 prior and it was working fine.

No, I've rebooted ISY and Polisy multiple times.  None of my wireless devices are working.  I did figured out the other motion sensor not working, somehow the option of when to report (Never, Always, after dark ...) in the options was changed to Never.  I'm going around and restoring all my leak sensors (about 18 of them) and the first 7 restored fine and started working.  Something happened with the update as everything was working prior (last Tuesday) and took till Wednesday for me to start getting status messages there was no heartbeat on wireless sensors.

Not sure if this is related the latest release since I just moved to IoP and that is the only release I have experience with. Everything I see in ISY System Configuration and Help|About gives me my URL as the ISY local address:8080 but nothing responds at that port. :80 brings up Polyglot v2 and :3000 brings up Polyglot v3. Should there be a web server at :8080? Help|About does say Internet access is disable for some reason. UD Mobile successfully test my local connection at :8080 but the browser does not get a response.

9 minutes ago, tjkintz said:

Not sure if this is related the latest release since I just moved to IoP and that is the only release I have experience with. Everything I see in ISY System Configuration and Help|About gives me my URL as the ISY local address:8080 but nothing responds at that port. :80 brings up Polyglot v2 and :3000 brings up Polyglot v3. Should there be a web server at :8080? Help|About does say Internet access is disable for some reason. UD Mobile successfully test my local connection at :8080 but the browser does not get a response.

Yes, the ISY will respond at <local address:8080> however, it does not have a default index.html page so unless you use a path it understands, it will just ignore the request. 

If you do something like:  WEB/index.htm that will bring up the ISY's web interface.

• Like 1

@Michel Kohanim @bpwwer

Battery device MS 1 device Option button, hangs IoP while Battery Write option is disabled.

Trying to set an option on a newly -reinstalled Insteon MS I. Trying to use the deferred writes feature to write to the MS using the triggered write program technique.

However every time I click the MS device "Options" it hangs IoP and it has to be rebooted. Restarting it on the admin console configuration page doesn't seem to do it. After I get a TCP error message box or the one below, the ISY admin console goes into a perpetual busy indication and most functions lock up. I can see some programs updating variables from the ISY internal clocks but not much else works. After 10-15 minutes the busy boxes still keep coming up. I have only installed about 20 program so far on this new environment.

The only way I can get any control of my IoP v5.4.4  is to reboot the whole polisy or SSH use
sudo service ISY restart

Note that
"sudo sevice udx restart"
  did not reset the problem, although when reloading ISY Launcher, the UUID address only ever shows 00:00:00:00:00:00 until ISY is restarted or power cycled.

This has been repeated with the same result at least 10 times now.

870082081_MSoptionerror.thumb.jpg.f9602a3a07d2924c6718ddde75ab3f5a.jpg

Edited by larryllix

I have noticed this too - for me, I just have to open the notifications tab, then go back to the programs and the notification program line fixes itself - also, when copying the folder to get all of your programs source code (for pasting into a text file), the programs won't have the notifications until you browse to the notifications tab first

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jim P said:

Is there a new way to see if you have packages that need to be updated?

Go to this link: https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/339-current-release-announcements/

Click the "Follow" near the top right and make your selection for how to be notified. When new posts are made in any category within that release announcement area you'll get a notification and you can read the post about how to update your system. There's no need to randomly update if there hasn't been a release announcement made. That's what gave people issues before. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I always use the bash script via PuTTY to upgrade and always have to power cycle polisy complete. Something always hangs after until a complete reboot.

Other upgrade methods have never worked for me and the bash commands are already embedded into the command line memory so I can access it with a few keystrokes. I have tried the online menu options, and the reset button method but had no success. Things may have changed in the last few upgrades though.