3 hours ago, jkraus said:

Mine is working, but "slow".  I assume that the slowness is not related to the NS as maybe just some insteon stuff I have going one, although never slow in the past.  Will keep testing

I released ver 0.5.1 - It fixes a delay for the motion sensor (bug on my side).

51 minutes ago, Panda88 said:

I released ver 0.5.1 - It fixes a delay for the motion sensor (bug on my side).

I was about to agree about the delay, but apparently the 0.5.1 update happened for me automatically, and I can confirm that where there was previously a delay, the ISY response is now immediate.

Edited by landolfi

I installed the YoLink NS today.  It works great except the temps are in Celsius.  I changed TEMP_UNIT to F and restarted the NS.  I also restarted AC.  Yet, the temps are still in Celsius.  Do I need to reboot either Polisy or the ISY?  I'm running 0.5.1 (Beta)

Thank you,

Ross

@Panda88 The log file from my Polisy is attached.  I hope that's what you wanted.

Now that I'm looking more closely, the Admin Control Panel is not being updated by Yolink.  If I stop Yolink in Polisy, it still says that the Yolink Setup is "Up" in the AC.  And, the temps are not changing.  I have restarted Yolink and restarted the AC a few times.  I have not rebooted Polisy nor ISY - I wasn't sure if that's what you meant when you said "restart the ISY session".  Sorry for being so literal but I know just enough to be quite dangerous...  Thank you for your help and I'm looking forward to paying for this NS when it gets to Production.  - Ross

YoLink_9-5-2022_111957_AM.zip

Edited by Ross

@Panda88 Just a note that at some point today, the Yolink NS stopped talking to the ISY.  I restarted the NS in Polisy and the ISY is now being updated with current info.  I believe somewhere in these 7 pages others may have had a similar issue, but I thought it was figured out.  I'm attaching the log in case you want to investigate. 

I'm certainly not above unintentionally causing the issue either! Please let me know if it's something I did.  - Ross

YoLink_9-7-2022_90721_PM.zip

It suddenly complains about authentication error (nothing seems to happen before that) - not sure how that happened 

Maybe I need to handle that case differently - complete disconnect and reconnect (not sure) - right now I am just trying to reconnect as I was told by the yolink people 

It seems it came back online at the end of the log file

There is still a race condition when the node server starts - I am trying to find a way to get a more controlled startup (not relying on sleep) - but I am still trying different ways 

@Panda88 Regarding "It seems it came back online at the end of the log file", I restarted it (resulting in it working again) and then I created the log file after that.   So, that's what you're seeing.

It also stopped working last night.  In looking at last night's log, the time was 12:09.  I don't think it can self-recover, but it does work when I restart it.

I'm happy to assist in any way possible.  I just need instructions.  I'm hopeful this can replace my balky wireless tags. 

- Ross

I saw you restarted it :-)

Do you have a log from last night to ensure it is the same issue - It is likely an issue on YoLink side, but I can try to see if there is a way to handle it

I may issue a beta release you can try - in order to not effect other users 

I am looking at supporting fast on off etc.  Still working on the possible use scenarios

Edited by Panda88
  • 2 weeks later...

On controller functionality in scenes on IoP 
I have been looking at emulating switches (and outlets for that matter)  as controller for ISY/IoP.  Unfortunately there is no way to identify a key press vs a state change - My assumption is only a key press should result in a control event for a scene.
I could have the device send (DON/DOF - control for scene) on all changes of state but it is not emulating what Insteon does.  

Not sure how to move forward on this - Any inputs 

My current thinking is to let sensors send DON/DOF but not to enable it for switches/outlets - Garagedoor controller can send both DON and DOF when pressed (as there are no other ways to control it - although it is not a keypress per say)

That said programs are an easy way around this 

Let me know

On 9/20/2022 at 2:11 PM, Panda88 said:

Posted 0.5.5 on beta site 
Trying to improve connection stability - improved QoS strategy
There have been a few outages from YoLink side the last week or so 

I had a power outage here yesterday that took everything offline. I also upgraded PG3 to 3.1.10. Running Yolink 0.5.5, the server won't keep running, it starts/restarts but then almost right away goes to "Not Running". Log attached. Could this be related to the PG3 update? Yolink router accurately shows state of all devices. Does secret key/other Yolink parameters change when the router restarts?

YoLink_9-22-2022_80312_PM.zip

16 minutes ago, landolfi said:

I had a power outage here yesterday that took everything offline. I also upgraded PG3 to 3.1.10. Running Yolink 0.5.5, the server won't keep running, it starts/restarts but then almost right away goes to "Not Running". Log attached. Could this be related to the PG3 update? Yolink router accurately shows state of all devices. Does secret key/other Yolink parameters change when the router restarts?

YoLink_9-22-2022_80312_PM.zip 114.82 kB · 0 downloads

Looks to me like the node server is doing what it is supposed to do - it is getting commands and updating values - not sure why it does not get to ISY .  I'll need to dig deeper, but it may be related to 3.1.10

It seems to me it was working fine yesterday after the power outage but before the 3.1.10 update.

I also noticed when I start or restart the Yolink node server, the uptime refreshes to what it was when the server originally started as if Yolink knows it’s been running all along and there’s a disconnect between Yolink and PG3.

Edited by landolfi