eisy | home packaging ...

3 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Configuring eisy through Alexa is 100% doable and actually something we're considering (for simple things).

That sounds great!

Will any other models be offered of eisy?  I'm wondering because of the word "Home" on the package makes it looks like it might be the model name :).

Edited by Dub
Grammar clarification,
  • Like 1
On 8/4/2022 at 6:48 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

Yes. The advantage of MatterZ is that we are using a different firmware that enables OTA updates, better scene management, S2, and diagnostics. 

@Michel Kohanim

Will the serial PLM interface with the EISY, if so via which port? Will we need a custom cable and/or will one be supplied with the EISY?

39 minutes ago, Techman said:

The "adapter" has a female DB9 connector as does the DB9 cable that came with the PLM, so it looks like we'll also need a DB9 male to male adapter. I was hoping for a simpler solution.

It might be the cable linked in this post

I think there's a better correction post somewhere but I can't seem to find it.  @Michel Kohanim or @Geddy should probably edit the posts with the incorrect cable linked, because believe it or not people are ordering them already, including @Geddy.

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Athlon said:

I heard he ordered 75 of 'em - gonna make a killing on Ebay...

Man...cat's out of the bag! :)   No, just ordered one just for safe keeping. Hope I don't keep it too safe and forget where I put it by the time the eisy is out and about.

But yes...as @MrBill says...this is the one I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IDSM6BW/

@Techman - yep...that's the same. 

71OBbDUesQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Although not very scientific, but reproducible: eisy WiFi internet download is faster than my laptops (i7/16GB) both running on 802.11(ac):

image_000.png

24 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

Although not very scientific, but reproducible: eisy WiFi internet download is faster than my laptops (i7/16GB) both running on 802.11(ac):

image_000.png

Now hoping Eisy comes to Colombia as fast as your download speed :-))

17 hours ago, asbril said:
18 hours ago, TriLife said:

Now hoping Eisy comes to Colombia as fast as your download speed :-))

Se consigue en Unicentro :-) 

That would be nice. I'd even drive down to Medellín for that. Alas, it's only a dream...

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Does eisy do everything polisy does therefore making polisy obsolete ?

I thought there was going to be a matter upgrade for polisy - looks like I would need to purchase a whole new unit eisy now?  I am guessing polisy may take less priority receiving updates now. However this eisy could just be similar hardware as polisy repackaged and renamed as eisy. 

Will usb plm work instead of serial ?

12 minutes ago, brians said:

Does eisy do everything polisy does therefore making polisy obsolete ?

I thought there was going to be a matter upgrade for polisy - looks like I would need to purchase a whole new unit eisy now?  I am guessing polisy may take less priority receiving updates now. However this eisy could just be similar hardware as polisy repackaged and renamed as eisy. 

Will usb plm work instead of serial ?

Polisy has its own board that will be released as well. 

Both will be upgraded together. 

USB plm will work with eisy via it's USB like the cable above for the serial PLM in this post

• Like 1
On 8/4/2022 at 3:59 AM, Dub said:

I keep checking out the updates to the thread and can’t help noticing the word “Home” on the packaging.  Wondering if that’s an indicator of device line and maybe there is a Pro or something else!?!? 

Between this and the teaser in the Insteon Mega Thread lots of excitement!

Go eisy!!!

@Dubcould you share a link to the post you are referring? Would love to catch up!

2 hours ago, Venicenerd said:

How about the Ethernet PLM? I currently have that connected to the ISY994 via "Port A"

That's not an ethernet connection, it's a serial port connection. The cable between port A and the PLM is actually carrying serial port data.

There are two types of PLMs, one that supports USB and one that supports SERIAL PORTS.

The ISY only supports the Serial PLM connected to port A

The Polisy supports either the USB or SERIAL PLM

The eisy supports the USB PLM, and will support the SERIAL PLM using a USB to serial conversion cable.

Edited by Techman
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Venicenerd said:

could you share a link to the post you are referring? Would love to catch up!

I’m referring to the pictures at the beginning of this thread.  You can see the word “home” beside “eisy”, but I saw  The thread I was referring to was this.  You are probably caught up it may have sounded like I was talking about a different post.

You may also notice earlier in this thread Michel mentions and “basic” and a “next” with upgraded hardware on the “next”.

• Like 1