Polisy - Support thread for: PG3 v3.1.6 - v3.1.16 (December 9, 2022)

bpwwer

On 9/19/2022 at 1:31 PM, bpwwer said:

Looks like the update process failed.  This is the second report of this same failure, UDI is looking into why and how to resolve it.

@bpwwer,

Has UDI resolved the update issues you're referring to here?  I'm ready to update to the latest version of PG3, but was waiting for some indication is was good to go.

4 minutes ago, mbking said:

@bpwwer,

Has UDI resolved the update issues you're referring to here?  I'm ready to update to the latest version of PG3, but was waiting for some indication is was good to go.

To be clear, it's not the PG3 update that is having issues, it's the overall Polyisy update that was (is) having issues.  I thought the process was fixed, but I don't have confirmation on that.

• Like 1

This may help others:

Just updated to 3.1.10 from Admin Console>Configuration>Polisy_System_Settings>Upgrade_Packages.   Upgrade duration was about 18 minutes Do not interrupt until all lights stop blinking. After upgrade PG3 was restarted from ipAddress:3000 System>Restart_Polyglot_3.  After restart PG3 could not find ISY and none were listed.  Performed System>Restart_Polyglot_3 again and PG3 started as normal.  

• Like 1

I need some guidance.......

A few weeks ago I installed the Virtual Buttons Node server, without actually doing something with it.

I noticed that the Node server shows in PG3 Dashboard but as unmanaged and I don't know how to remove it as there is no delete option. It used to be that we could remove a Node server on the Node server Store. That is no longer possible.

Anyone has a suggestion :

3.jpg

22 minutes ago, asbril said:

I need some guidance.......

A few weeks ago I installed the Virtual Buttons Node server, without actually doing something with it.

I noticed that the Node server shows in PG3 Dashboard but as unmanaged and I don't know how to remove it as there is no delete option. It used to be that we could remove a Node server on the Node server Store. That is no longer possible.

Anyone has a suggestion :

3.jpg

From AC > Node Servers > Configure > Node Server Name > Delete.....may take a few minutes for PG3 to refresh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

For those of you reporting the issue with update problems, somehow after running previous updates through the update packages button it was pointing to the wrong location for some of the updates. It’s not some thing I did but they fixed it. I’m wondering if this could be the same issue some others are having and UD have to get in and fix where are the updates or grabbed from    I’m sure some update I ran in the past mess something up. 

Personally I’m going to wait to do the update until Sunday so that if anything goes wrong I can get in touch with tech-support on Monday. 

• Confused 1

Before I hit the update button I wanted to mention a thing I see with 3.1.11. I pulled power to my Polisy to install a 12v DC UPS. Power was off for 15m. On reboot, the uptime counter for the PG3 still showed 4 days of uptime, but the uptime counter for individual polys was from reboot after new UPS installed.

953407054_ScreenShot2022-10-29at5_53_38PM.thumb.png.111e267f24f1db40674cd23dff21783e.png

The uptime display in the footer isn't very useful.  

There are really two separate components to PG3; the server side running on Polisy and the UI running on your browser. 

The UI will pull the current uptime for the server when you first log in and then it continues to increment that.  It isn't constantly polling the server to see what the server uptime is.  If you restart the  server, it doesn't restart the UI and the UI simply continues along, incrementing the uptime.

That should probably be fixed at some point to periodically check the server and update the uptime, but things like that are pretty low on the priority list.

• Like 2

I never had an issue updating until today. I updated this morning and it seemed to take, however all of my Node Servers are showing failed and won't start. I tried rebooting several times and even unplugging it for 30+ minutes. I also retried the updating from the Finder again. (That's how I tried it initially) It made all of the normal beeps, but still nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

image.thumb.jpeg.0ea6dc4cbb1e66876ef7dd40a5eb999f.jpeg

You probably should open a ticket on this.  Have you looked at the log to see what kind of errors are showing up?  I had a similar problem many revs ago, it wasn't all NSs just a few.  I deleted them and when I added it back it was fine.  Maybe try to delete just one and see what happens?  A ticket is probably the best way to go though.

• Like 2

I updated to PG3 3.1.12 using the "Upgrade Packages" button in IoP. After the install completed, and the polisy box rebooted, the node servers seem fine, but I can not communicate with any of my existing zwave devices. I have tried additional reboots of polisy and IoP to no avail. For instance, when I attempt to query a zwave light switch, I get a pop up window which states "Could not open config file to read" [./FILES/CONF/INSTENG.OPT] and "Could not open file" [./FILES/CONF/INSTENG.OPT]

On the face of it, it makes no sense that updating PG3 would cause a loss of communication with all the zwave devices, but that is what happened. I have opened a ticket. I'll post back once the issue is resolved.

3 hours ago, wmcneil said:

I updated to PG3 3.1.12 using the "Upgrade Packages" button in IoP. After the install completed, and the polisy box rebooted, the node servers seem fine, but I can not communicate with any of my existing zwave devices. I have tried additional reboots of polisy and IoP to no avail. For instance, when I attempt to query a zwave light switch, I get a pop up window which states "Could not open config file to read" [./FILES/CONF/INSTENG.OPT] and "Could not open file" [./FILES/CONF/INSTENG.OPT]

On the face of it, it makes no sense that updating PG3 would cause a loss of communication with all the zwave devices, but that is what happened. I have opened a ticket. I'll post back once the issue is resolved.

To be clear, "update packages" applies all pending updates, not just PG3.  

Those errors are coming from IoP and I believe there was also a recent update to IoP.

16 hours ago, tmorse305 said:

You probably should open a ticket on this.  Have you looked at the log to see what kind of errors are showing up?  I had a similar problem many revs ago, it wasn't all NSs just a few.  I deleted them and when I added it back it was fine.  Maybe try to delete just one and see what happens?  A ticket is probably the best way to go though.

I have opened a ticket. In the meantime I did delete and reinstall a couple of Node Servers. I even installed in different slots and no change. I checked the logs and saw this:

10/31/2022, 11:59:06 [pg3] info: MQTTS: Client Connected: 00:21:b9:02:17:ac_4
10/31/2022, 11:59:06 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: 00:21:b9:02:17:ac_4 invalid publish
10/31/2022, 11:59:06 [pg3] info: MQTTS: Client Disconnected: 00:21:b9:02:17:ac_4
10/31/2022, 11:59:06 [pg3] info: MQTTS: Client Connected: 00:21:b9:02:17:ac_3
10/31/2022, 11:59:06 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: 00:21:b9:02:17:ac_3 invalid publish
10/31/2022, 11:59:06 [pg3] info: MQTTS: Client Disconnected: 00:21:b9:02:17:ac_3
10/31/2022, 11:59:06 [pg3] info: MQTTS: Client Connected: 00:21:b9:02:17:ac_9
10/31/2022, 11:59:06 [pg3] error: MQTTS: clientError: 00:21:b9:02:17:ac_9 invalid publish
10/31/2022, 11:59:06 [pg3] info: MQTTS: Client Disconnected: 00:21:b9:02:17:ac_9

I assumed that "invalid publish" has something to do with the Node Server Store. I tried "Sync Purchases" but that did not help.

7 hours ago, wmcneil said:

@bpwwer, AC was reporting IoP version 5.4.4 before I did the update packages. 

The IoP AC is reporting "zwave dongle not responding" when the Z-Wave menu pulldown is selected.  The UD folks spent several hours debugging my polisy box remotely today. The current best theory is that the Zoos 700 stick is corrupted somehow, and yes the symptoms started concurrent with my upgrade to PG3 3.1.12, so if the theory turns out to be correct, then this is a very unlikely (but real) coincidence.  I tried updating the Zoos 700 firmware using the Simplicity Studios software on my windows laptop. It seemed to update correctly per what Simplicity Studios reported, but made no difference in the polisy box behavior. I am going to continue to work with the UD folks to debug further. 

@bpwwer, AC was reporting IoP version 5.4.4 before I did the update packages. 
The IoP AC is reporting "zwave dongle not responding" when the Z-Wave menu pulldown is selected.  The UD folks spent several hours debugging my polisy box remotely today. The current best theory is that the Zoos 700 stick is corrupted somehow, and yes the symptoms started concurrent with my upgrade to PG3 3.1.12, so if the theory turns out to be correct, then this is a very unlikely (but real) coincidence.  I tried updating the Zoos 700 firmware using the Simplicity Studios software on my windows laptop. It seemed to update correctly per what Simplicity Studios reported, but made no difference in the polisy box behavior. I am going to continue to work with the UD folks to debug further. 
My polisy always reports the zwave error but I am told if if have a zwave stick inserted and it finds no zwave devices, ISY will throw an error.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, wmcneil said:

and yes the symptoms started concurrent with my upgrade to PG3 3.1.12, so if the theory turns out to be correct, then this is a very unlikely (but real) coincidence.  

The point I was trying to make, was that when you do "update packages", it updates all packages that have an update available, not just PG3.  Since there is zero interaction between PG3 and Z-Wave, it is far more likely that some other package update caused the problem than it is that the PG3 package update cause the problem.

I understand that you did the updates specifically to get the new version of PG3 so that it appears that the PG3 update is a factor in the issue with z-wave.  But until we really know what caused your issue, we shouldn't be attributing blame to any one component.