Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

13 hours ago, landolfi said:

That was the recommendation of support, to upgrade to 5.5. I could swear I read here or somewhere that they had issues with Zooz ZWave after a 5.5 upgrade, so I'm hesitant to do it. I don't plan to cut over to ZMatter until the migration path is well established, and I'm primarily using ZWave with the Zooz stick. It's been very reliable until these periods of unavailability started.

Interesting idea to just query devices of interest. I have a query all running at 3 am and the periods of unresponsiveness have always occurred between the night before and when I get up, so the query all is suspect.

I am on 5.5 with a Zmatter installed but still using my zooz.

No issues at all once upgraded.

Upgrade process had the one glitch with the upgrade of the pkg package needed.

All my z-waves are working as fine as they ever did, which is just OK.

Z-wave still sucks compared to Insteon & YoLink.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 12/17/2022 at 2:11 PM, Chris Jahn said:

This is the "Detect Button Press" mode that by default is supposed to be Off, but for some people it is On.  You can turn it on/off Using Z-Wave | Detect Button Press | [On|Off]

Some devices send BASIC SET when a button on the device is pressed or a sensor triggered.  For older devices the ISY cannot map them to a node because it is doesn't have enough information.  You likely have at least one 'Assoc Only' node for Device 2 that you turn into an On / Off switch based on that event (use the right+click menu on the Assoc Only node)

I got this working on an Everspring STB12 flood detector. I changed setting to basic set on my leak sensor as per pic below (ignore that I have highlighted binary switch in screenshot, I actually selected basic set) and I can now see it in event viewer don and doff for that node. I was then able to add in a program condition for that node using "control is on".

image.thumb.png.32f3d9994860be9d9cfb27a15c65d707.png

Note that the node itself does not show on/off and there is no status available in programs, only using control which works in my case... tested the leak sensor and causes my program to run now as before.

Edited by brians

Feel free to blame me for :

(1)  Not properly reading all posts and instructions

(2) Not being smart enough

(3) Asking the same questions again

My eisy is in the mail, but I will wait with migration till the (upcoming) tool has been tested by the smarter among you all.

My questions :

• Will eisy come with 5.5.  as firmware ?
  • Should I upgrade my Polisy to 5.5 while continuing, for time being, using Zooz Dongle, even though the ZMatter board has been installed on my Polisy (also for time being)   ?
  • Is 5.5 now fully operational for Zwave ?
  • What is the best procedure to perform the 5.5. upgrade (AC or  on Polisy)  ?
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, asbril said:

My eisy is in the mail, but I will wait with migration till the (upcoming) tool has been tested by the smarter among you all.

My questions :

• Should I upgrade my Polisy to 5.5 while continuing, for time being, using Zooz Dongle, even though the ZMatter board has been installed on my Polisy (also for time being)   ?

My guess is we will have to upgrade past 5.5 to have the proper tools to migrate Z-Wave to the ZMatter board so I followed Michel's instructions in this thread 

and did 

sudo pkg install -r udi pkg
sudo /usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh upgrade.polisy

without any issues. You could open a ticket and ask what the best path for migration would be for you and get an answer from the only people who have experience with the new product or wait and see how it plays out for others who are willing to take the leap.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, asbril said:

I have the exact same questions

• Like 1
2 hours ago, asbril said:

My questions :

Not sure in the firmware version but it may just download it all during setup. I would presume is latest v5.5.0

You should definitely update polisy to 5.5.0  Zwave is fully operational on it using zmatter board. Upgrade using ac and if you have issue open a ticket. 

Did you order a separate zmatter for your eisy?

4 hours ago, asbril said:

I have the ZMatter board, installed on Polisy but only using the Zooz Dongle.

How do you plan on using it then with eisy? Did you order a usb enclosure and plan on moving to the eisy?  Since you currently do not have v5.5.0 installed I would at least do that for now on polisy then you will be at least one step forward. 

1 hour ago, brians said:

How do you plan on using it then with eisy? Did you order a usb enclosure and plan on moving to the eisy?  Since you currently do not have v5.5.0 installed I would at least do that for now on polisy then you will be at least one step forward. 

(1) Yes I have ordered the enclosure

(2) Yes, the plan is to move to eisy

(3) THAT is the $ 64,000 question :

a. What benefit do I have to upgrade Polisy to 5.5 if in a few weeks I hope to move to eisy ?

b. Is there any risk to my Zwave setup to move to 5.5 while keeping the Zooz dongle ?

c. Is the upgrade procedure to 5.5 as simple as the previous upgrades (5.1, 5.2 etc) as those worked like a charm for me ?

36 minutes ago, asbril said:

(1) Yes I have ordered the enclosure

(2) Yes, the plan is to move to eisy

(3) THAT is the $ 64,000 question :

a. What benefit do I have to upgrade Polisy to 5.5 if in a few weeks I hope to move to eisy ?

b. Is there any risk to my Zwave setup to move to 5.5 while keeping the Zooz dongle ?

c. Is the upgrade procedure to 5.5 as simple as the previous upgrades (5.1, 5.2 etc) as those worked like a charm for me ?

You might just wait.  I think the Z-Wave information is on the Zooz dongle, not in the IoX software.

Consider this path:

1. Take the ZMatter card out of your Polisy and place it in the USB enclosure when you get it.
  2. See what firmware the eisy ships with -- it's likely not the version that has the finished migration tools.  Upgrade the eisy to the finished version when it's available.
  3. Backup your Polisy.
  4. Insert the ZMatter dongle and the Zooz dongle in your eisy.
  5. Restore the Polisy backup on your eisy.
  6. Migrate.

Just a few thoughts...  I don't think anyone other than UDI can reassure you at this point, as no one has any experience with doing what you're trying to do.

23 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

You might just wait.  I think the Z-Wave information is on the Zooz dongle, not in the IoX software.

Consider this path:

1. Take the ZMatter card out of your Polisy and place it in the USB enclosure when you get it.
  2. See what firmware the eisy ships with -- it's likely not the version that has the finished migration tools.  Upgrade the eisy to the finished version when it's available.
  3. Backup your Polisy.
  4. Insert the ZMatter dongle and the Zooz dongle in your eisy.
  5. Restore the Polisy backup on your eisy.
  6. Migrate.

Just a few thoughts...  I don't think anyone other than UDI can reassure you at this point, as no one has any experience with doing what you're trying to do.

Thanks.  A thought : Would the migration require (or be better with)  a 5.5 backup ?

Just now, asbril said:

Thanks.  A thought : Would the migration require (or be better with)  a 5.5 backup ?

I can't imagine why.  You restore the backup into the latest/greatest IoX version on your eisy, which we know is at least 5.5.  Then you migrate using the tools in on your eisy, which contains the latest/greatest version of IoX. 

Maybe I'm not understanding something about how this would work, but you'd be on the latest with all your programs/etc. intact.  You'd just need the devices to migrate from the Zooz dongle to the ZMatter dongle.  If the devices don't come along for the ride, then the migration hasn't worked.

1 hour ago, Bumbershoot said:

I can't imagine why.  You restore the backup into the latest/greatest IoX version on your eisy, which we know is at least 5.5.  Then you migrate using the tools in on your eisy, which contains the latest/greatest version of IoX. 

Maybe I'm not understanding something about how this would work, but you'd be on the latest with all your programs/etc. intact.  You'd just need the devices to migrate from the Zooz dongle to the ZMatter dongle.  If the devices don't come along for the ride, then the migration hasn't worked.

I was hesitant for no good reason. I did the Update Packages in the AC and now I am on 5.5.   It could not have been simpler.

Dumb question here - I just pushed the upgrade packages button and it only closed the admin console - no beeps or anything... very different from the upgrade to 5.4.5 - do I need to install the ZMatter before the update?  Is that something that is checked? 

I thought that I could just go to 5.5 - I've ordered the ZMatter USB enclosure and am thinking about ordering the eisy but just wanted to update to 5.5 as-is

9 minutes ago, JTsao said:

Dumb question here - I just pushed the upgrade packages button and it only closed the admin console - no beeps or anything... very different from the upgrade to 5.4.5 - do I need to install the ZMatter before the update?  Is that something that is checked? 

I thought that I could just go to 5.5 - I've ordered the ZMatter USB enclosure and am thinking about ordering the eisy but just wanted to update to 5.5 as-is

What shows after restarting the Administrative Console ? I just clicked on Upgrade Packages in the AC and that did the job. I was worried for no good reason.

Not sure if I am 100% back yet as I think there is a Query All running but the "Upgrade Packages" button did nothing - so I read all the pages of this thread and tried a couple of different things that people mentioned:

First I tried this (using a putty SSH session):

sudo pkg update

sudo pkg upgrade pkg

This seemed to result in an endless loop, so I control C'ed out of it and did this:

sudo pkg install -r udi pkg
sudo /usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh upgrade.polisy

I think this is what I should have done instead-

After this, running the IoX A/C - I got the version mismatch message, then had to clear my java cache and now the admin console comes up and I am at version 5.5 - still have to see if anything was broken, though...

Update: everything seems to be back and I am running 5.5 - FWIW the button definitely did not work for me, but it did for the previous upgrade to 5.4.5

Edited by JTsao
  • Like 1

Recently jumped in on the move  from Zooz to Zmatter.  Thought I would share some lessons I learned.  Sorry if they are obvious to others but they sure weren't for me.  

1. I had to remove the zwave devices before I could add to Zmatter.  Michael indicated that is always a best practice

2. Obviously if you remove your devices you will have to fix all your programs. The quickest way to do that is go to the Programs - Summary tab and then sort on the activity column and look for the yellow "- Not Loaded" programs.  Those are the ones you need to fix. 

3. One of my zwave devices (kwikset lock) had a pin near the QR code that I had not seen.  You must use that Pin to add the device when prompted in the AC.  You will never be able to add it even if you turn off security otherwise.  At that was my experience.  I had misunderstood the purpose of the Pin up to that point. 

4. Mobilinc does not support the zwave devices anymore after the move to zmatter.  Whereas I used to be able to have devices like a zwave lock directly on my widget screen that no longer works.   I now use a program to toggle the device and that works fine.

Hope this helps at least one person.   

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Jbw123184 said:

Technically UD Mobile doesn't support ZWave after the move to ZMatter either.

So, that response is not particularly helpful considering neither app addresses the original complaint: lack of zwave support after zmatter.

The difference is that ZMatter on UD Mobile will happen soon while it is unlikely that it is worth the while for Mobilinc to make that investment.  UD is working hard in finalizing all aspects of ZWave on ZMatter and UD Mobile and will get there soon.  Patience is a better quality than complaining.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Jbw123184 said:

Technically UD Mobile doesn't support ZWave after the move to ZMatter either.

So, that response is not particularly helpful considering neither app addresses the original complaint: lack of zwave support after zmatter.

There is an unreleased version that works fine and I have been using it via tesflight for a few says, should be released soon I would think. You could ask @Javi for it nicely :)

• Like 1
On 12/22/2022 at 8:00 AM, asbril said:

My questions :

Follow-up :

• Will eisy come with 5.5.  as firmware ? I will find out when installing my new eisy
  • Is 5.5 now fully operational for Zwave ? I now know that 5.5 is "just" an upgrade of the firmware and of course work with ZWave as before. The pending issue is the migration from the Zooz dongle to the ZMater board.
  • What is the best procedure to perform the 5.5. upgrade (AC or  on Polisy)  ? It  was extremly easy. I just clicked on Upgrade Pckages on the Admin. Console Configuration tab.