Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

Count me as another having issues with the Aeotec Range Extender 7's not showing as a node.  Perhaps because there's nothing really to control, they do appear to route and everything correctly at least, but it would be better if they showed as a node.

They're also some of the few devices that failed to come back after the automated transfer, which caused a number of downlevel devices that needed interviews because there was no viable route.

2 hours ago, jec6613 said:

Count me as another having issues with the Aeotec Range Extender 7's not showing as a node.  Perhaps because there's nothing really to control, they do appear to route and everything correctly at least, but it would be better if they showed as a node.

They're also some of the few devices that failed to come back after the automated transfer, which caused a number of downlevel devices that needed interviews because there was no viable route.

The range extenders will probably show up in a future UD firmware release.

11 minutes ago, jec6613 said:

New issue: Z-Wave devices are no longer adding nodes at all.  I've tried restarting IoX and the entire Polisy, and when I add devices they fail to create anything anymore.  I've tried several, not sure what's going on.

Try to Z-Wave adapter Backup then Restore. See if that creates paired nodes.

Edited by firstone

Z-WAVE MIGRATION FAILURE, Polisy zmatter:

After reasonable stability on 5.5.2, I did pressed the zwave migration button. Followed directions to move from zoos to zmatter. 

Each time I try to log into AC, it takes me 3 tries with username/psswrd (no typos!), then everything is BUSY.

Nothing shows up in AC.

However via the portal, I can open the "web access" and see all my devices, but while they appear to be responsive, nothing happens. I can also see all my zwave devices listed now as ZY devices.

I have cleared java, reloaded AC, unplugged as many of the zwave devices I could except for door locks and 2 thermostats. Restarted Polisy many times. Busy status has now been there for 2 hours.

ANY SUGGESTIONS TO UNBRICK MY POLISY? 

30 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

After reasonable stability on 5.5.2, I did pressed the zwave migration button. Followed directions to move from zoos to zmatter. 

Each time I try to log into AC, it takes me 3 tries with username/psswrd (no typos!), then everything is BUSY.

Nothing shows up in AC.

However via the portal, I can open the "web access" and see all my devices, but while they appear to be responsive, nothing happens. I can also see all my zwave devices listed now as ZY devices.

I have cleared java, reloaded AC, unplugged as many of the zwave devices I could except for door locks and 2 thermostats. Restarted Polisy many times. Busy status has now been there for 2 hours.

Login to the AC using admin/admin, your password is reset.

And make sure to go and make sure Insteon support is enabled, then restart IoX once the Z-Wave interviews have finished.

• Like 1
On 1/4/2023 at 2:23 PM, jec6613 said:

Login to the AC using admin/admin, your password is reset.

And make sure to go and make sure Insteon support is enabled, then restart IoX once the Z-Wave interviews have finished.

WOW..I have been following most of the posts and followed the directions and NEVER saw that password would get reset. I am in and it's busy, but in a positive way, with all devices listed. 

Will see where it goes from here. thanks!!

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 12.10.10 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 12.09.33 PM.jpg

Edited by dbwarner5
typo fix
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dbwarner5 said:

Nothing shows up in AC.

try power cycle the Polisy. That sometimes resolves issues.

Update...busy went on too long, kept repeating the progress bar. 

Changed password back to original and hit restart IoX from the AC. No NS connected as expected due to password issue.

This time it loaded within10 minutes. Couldn't make sense out of all the "new" nodes so went through adn "grouped" all zwave devices.  All NS came back on as well!

Then found about ½ of my (limited) zwave devices were in "placeholder" mode as described in their title. So I went to each device, and selected Zwave/syncronize/ Update with interview. 

They are all now back in place and working! Next on to a few scenes and programs. 

Thanks for all the "early early adopters!" and their input.

Quick question and sorry for asking as I have not been following updates closely but what fw version is my Polisy supposed to be on?

I tried to update the Polisy today and it's sticking to v5.4.5.

Also will there be any further updates for the 994i? It's currently at v5.3.4.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, mmb said:

Quick question and sorry for asking as I have not been following updates closely but what fw version is my Polisy supposed to be on?

Thanks!

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, mmb said:

As @asbril states the ISY on Polisy has been updated to 5.5.2. If you tried running "Update Packages" from the IoP Admin Console then you might need to run some SSH commands. If you are familiar with that please review this post from @Michel Kohanim. Step 2 worked for me (and others) to get Polisy to update. You just need to add a shutdown command (sudo shutdown -r now). Then I would suggest running "Update Packages" again to make sure anything that needed to be cleaned up is handled by that script process. If you are not comfortable accessing the Polisy with SSH please submit a support ticket on UD's website - https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

41 minutes ago, mmb said:

Doubtful at this point. ISY994 has been discontinued and all development now is focused on eisy (and Polisy concurrently for a couple of more years based on comments). If any major bugs are identified in the ISY994 system I think UD would update, but that's been fairly stable for quite a while now that I doubt updates will be necessary.

For future reference, all system updates are being posted in the Current Release Announcement area of the forums. You can follow that area and the forums should email/notify you when new posts are made. You can then visit to read the release information and determine if it's time for you to update. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Geddy said:

Step 2 worked for me (and others) to get Polisy to update. You just need to add a shutdown command (sudo shutdown -r now).

Doubtful at this point. ISY994 has been discontinued and all development now is focused on eisy (and Polisy concurrently for a couple of more years based on comments). If any major bugs are identified in the ISY994 system I think UD would update.

Thanks for this info.

I’m totally comfortable with ssh and I’ll try the second approach.

Update:

@Geddy the update went well except for a time stamp error on launch which was a one time event.

Fyi I still haven't migrated to Polisy at this point as I'm waiting for a day when UDI's hardware and fw changes are more stable, maybe I'm dreaming.

Re. Current Release Announcement, I found updates to this area of the Forum to be rather sporadic in the past so I've had to hunt the updates down through other posts.

Also fyi I've been using the ISY994 since the early days when LeeG was helping out on the forum and have enjoyed the experience. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Edited by mmb
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, mmb said:

I'm waiting for a day when UDI's hardware and fw changes are more stable

I know the feeling, but from the looks/sounds of it on the Polisy I'd say it's been fairly stable for the long run. With systems becoming more complex and a lot of "moving" parts it might not ever get as "stable" as the old reliable ISY99/ISY994 era hardware. Those were "nice", little boxes that did a couple of things really well. 

The Polisy, and now eisy, are new, complex devices that incorporate a lot of valuable expansion capabilities...and doing it very well. Many, here, have ported over to the Polisy without issues and continue to work just fine.

The release of the eisy hasn't been as comfortable as many of us might have experienced in the past, but from the posts that Michel and others have made they are working really hard to get things sorted out as quick as possible. 

14 hours ago, mmb said:

Current Release Announcement, I found updates to this area of the Forum to be rather sporadic in the past so I've had to hunt the updates down through other posts.

That's part of what I've tried to help with over the last year+. Trying to keep things a little more organized and on point. The Current Release area now only gets the release notice. Then a separate "support" post is made in another area. This way a "release" post doesn't have multiple pages of issues and fixes. That's now in a separate "support" thread. So the releases are all there. Old ones are moved to "Previous Release" when new versions are announced. It's really a lot cleaner (IMHO). For that reason, I feel that following that section is really key if you're wanting to keep up with releases, but don't want to read the forums daily/weekly (or sadly, even monthly). A lot of great information exchange happens here daily. 

14 hours ago, mmb said:

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks. I remember @LeeG and learning a lot from his and other regulars as I was just coming online with the ISY994. I'm just here to help out by trying to keep things a little more organized and continue to encourage the great exchange of ideas and support these forums have always offered. I couldn't do it without some help behind the scenes and certainly not without all the great members of the forums that offer up advise and bring unique and challenging questions to surface. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 1/4/2023 at 4:13 PM, dbwarner5 said:

Update...busy went on too long, kept repeating the progress bar. 

Changed password back to original and hit restart IoX from the AC. No NS connected as expected due to password issue.

This time it loaded within10 minutes. Couldn't make sense out of all the "new" nodes so went through adn "grouped" all zwave devices.  All NS came back on as well!

Then found about ½ of my (limited) zwave devices were in "placeholder" mode as described in their title. So I went to each device, and selected Zwave/syncronize/ Update with interview. 

They are all now back in place and working! Next on to a few scenes and programs. 

Thanks for all the "early early adopters!" and their input.

MORE LEARNINGS from my 5.5.2 upgrade and zwave migration from zoos to zmatter board.

1) All Zwave scenes and programs for zwave devices stayed intact! VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!!

2) However, Amazon links that had zwave devices all have to be redone in the Portal, deleted from Alexa app, rediscovered and then any routines in Alexa redone...... (PIA)

3) UD mobile zwave links all break. I "synchronized" the app, but then all my favorites where I had customized displays, colors and words, all disappeared and need to be recreated. .. (PIA)

UPDATE: another learning

4) programs with locks all needed fixing as the new Zwave device nodes changed considerably requiring different IF's and THEN choices to affect the original program

Edited by dbwarner5
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, skunkiechris said:

I've seen mixed comments on this....what happens to battery powered devices upon the migration when IoX can't interview them?  Do they disappear, or go into a pending state?  This thread has people saying both.  Haven't clicked the button yet as I have 40+ battery powered z-wave devices!

I have three door locks. They all needed to be "interview" manually (went to each device, and selected Zwave/syncronize/ Update with interview) and they all came back working perfectly. Not sure about other types of battery devices though 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

I have three door locks. They all needed to be "interview" manually (went to each device, and selected Zwave/syncronize/ Update with interview) and they all came back working perfectly. Not sure about other types of battery devices though 

Yeah, door locks are a little different than things like motion detectors....door locks can generally be queried and woken up remotely.  What I'm concerned about is things like motion, water, etc., when IoX can't query them during the migration if they just go away or if they can be woken up later and manually interviewed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mmb said:

Matter on Polisy is introducing new wrinkles so I’m watching it play out.

Matter on Polisy isn't even going to be something until at least March. Do you mean the ZMatter card? Do you have z-wave devices? Otherwise, Polisy has been fully tested.

50 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Do you mean the ZMatter card? Do you have z-wave devices?

@Geddy I currently run Z-Wave and Insteon on the Polisy without any big issues.

My experience with Z-Wave so far makes me really appreciate the functionality of Insteon devices.

I was musing about getting the Z-Wave card for Polisy and I’m watching developments & feedback.

Seems adding new out of the box devices is not working either.  Brand new Fibaro Keyfob in this case.

'Add Zwave Device' in the admin console - get waiting box. Touch a button three times to kick off inclusion. Keyfob thinks it's starting, admin console gets to this:

image.png.5657132f4db2d27e5c4c570da61a092e.png

where it sits for 20-30 seconds. Then the dialog just goes away with no device actually adding.

To make this worse - the ZWAY.LOG is not being populated either:
image.thumb.png.7d24a929d144e339d8d0137e749c6b1e.png
Last update Jan 2 - 3 days ago!

Edit: I tried emailing support@universal-devices.com and have not got the usual response about a ticket being opened and the ticket was not opened in the https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/ portal. 

Edit2: I performed a full reboot of Polisy - and the ZWAY.LOG is not being written again. I am not sure if the logging process got stalled - or something about zmatter got 'stuck'. Now the fob cannot be included (I guess it thinks it is) but there is no node in IOX.

Michael.

Edited by MWareman
additional info