Support thread for: IoX v.5.5.0

I added more devices with no major issues. I always de-select all the S1, S2 security on the few that gave option and leave no security. I don't think security is super necessary for a light switch or dimmer.

So far have added in addition to my Yale Assure door lock:

Leviton DZPA1-2BW Outlet Plugin switch
Z-Link ZL-PD-100 Outlet Plugin Lamp Dimmer
Leviton DZ15S-1RZ Wall Switch
GE Enbrighten 46201 In Wall Paddle Switch
Jasco 26931 In Wall Smart Motion Switch

One issue so far: the Leviton switches do not support status updates and I rely on programs that detect Hail and do a query. The ZMatter Z-Wave does not appear to support hail so my programs do not work and I cannot see status if switch is turned on/off manually. A manual query however does update so it is just the Hail that is not working. I will create a program that queries maybe every 15 min as a workaround for now as these are not very critical.

Edited by brians
16 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

Hi Brian,

Actual Hail is supported, you should see it in the "control" conditions for the switch node.  It doesn't have a status value.

Yes I have it set that way but what I mean I get no response and program does not run like before, and I do not even see any Hail events in the event viewer (like I did before in Zooz/ISY etc.)

On 12/16/2022 at 2:25 PM, Chris Jahn said:

We should create an ISY node for it just so you know its there and can view some of its properties.  The reason its not there currently is it has no status values or commands.

I am also having a similar issue with a Everspring ST812 Leak detector. It adds a bunch of nodes like the battery level, alarm etc. but when I trigger the leak sensor I get the popup that a button was detected. I cannot access this button or status in programs. Please provide me instructions to send info for device info so you can check it out.

On 12/16/2022 at 7:45 PM, garybixler said:

I found an issue with another two devices. The Zooz ZEN 16 does not have all its interfaces loaded. Should be 3 switch inputs and 3 relays out. The Zooz ZEN 17 seems to have all the interfaces loaded but the switch state is not being seen by the AC. Tried many things but no luck. The Zooz 71 switches seem to work fine. Just information as I am not using Z-wave for anything necessary.

Thanks Gary

ZEN17.PNG

ZEN16.PNG

I added my Zen17 to ZMatter a few min ago and seems to work and updates to on/off in real time when I jumper it. However I just left it at default where the sensor input is linked to the relay because I only am using it to detect one thing so doesn't really matter. On old Zooz configuration I had set parameter 2,3 to dry contact sensor and 10,11 to isolate the relay. I may change it later but it's late. I have a Zen17 in garage configured before as door open/close so I will do that one tomorrow and update if goes well.

I uncheck all the S1,S2 security when adding, maybe that makes a difference?

13 hours ago, asbril said:

I have seen so much information that I  am utterly confused.

• I am exclusively Zwave, plus some wifi devices.
  • I have a Polisy Pro with the Zooz 700 usb stick
  • I have the new ZMatter board installed in my Polisy, but I am waiting for the migration until I receive my eisy and when the tool is deemed to be ready.
  • Polisy is at 5.4.5  and PG3 is at  3.1.16

(1)  Should I Upgrade to 5.5. now ?

(2)  What is proper procedure  for the 5.5. upgrade, in the Administrative Console or Pressing the button on Polisy ?

I know that there are descriptions of the procedure but there are so many comments (including on problems) that I need a clear & simple explanation.

Thanks

Similar situation here on a regular Polisy with the new board installed running 5.4.5 and I also have Insteon.

I was planning to wait for the process to stabilize to upgrade, but I have noticed in the week since I installed the board that while most things have worked fine, there have been at least 2 days when Insteon behaved erratically (devices not responding to commands, and then when I go into admin console to see what's going on, there's a long period of System Busy at startup, toward the end of which the Insteon devices do respond to the previous commands all at once. I can't tell what the System Busy is about other than I can see it seems to be querying Zwave devices.

So my question is whether there might be a known issue with the combination of Zmatter board, Insteon, and 5.4.5 that 5.5 will fix?

14 hours ago, sjenkins said:

I would try to update pkg with

sudo pkg update

sudo pkg upgrade pkg

sudo reboot -r

then bring up the AC and hit the update package button

Hello Neighbor :-)
Thanks for your help!

Michel also replied in the meantime. He had me do via SSH:

sudo pkg install -r udi pkg
sudo /usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh upgrade.polisy

I added a couple of Reboot and Upgrade Package via the AC, as the unit was still not connecting. That seemed to be enough to bring it fully back online. So I am up and running again, now with v.5.5.0  :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, brians said:

I added my Zen17 to ZMatter a few min ago and seems to work and updates to on/off in real time when I jumper it. However I just left it at default where the sensor input is linked to the relay because I only am using it to detect one thing so doesn't really matter. On old Zooz configuration I had set parameter 2,3 to dry contact sensor and 10,11 to isolate the relay. I may change it later but it's late. I have a Zen17 in garage configured before as door open/close so I will do that one tomorrow and update if goes well.

I tried a factory reset and re-including. It does work with default settings in the config. But when I set the input type to 10 it won't pick up the additional child devices doing a synchronize with interview. The manual suggests doing an exclude and re-include but that just sets the Zen 17 back to defaults. I tried the write changes but just get errors. Not sure how to save the config so Z wave can pick up the new devices.

4 hours ago, landolfi said:

Similar situation here on a regular Polisy with the new board installed running 5.4.5 and I also have Insteon.

I was planning to wait for the process to stabilize to upgrade, but I have noticed in the week since I installed the board that while most things have worked fine, there have been at least 2 days when Insteon behaved erratically (devices not responding to commands, and then when I go into admin console to see what's going on, there's a long period of System Busy at startup, toward the end of which the Insteon devices do respond to the previous commands all at once. I can't tell what the System Busy is about other than I can see it seems to be querying Zwave devices.

So my question is whether there might be a known issue with the combination of Zmatter board, Insteon, and 5.4.5 that 5.5 will fix?

I have had a lot of strange problems as well, same situation.. see my post / thread here..

Finally got mine to get to 5.5.0. Haven’t migrated yet - but seems like my zwave devices aren’t working at all.  If I query one I get request failed….

the zwave menu states: z wave dongle not responding 

rebooting hasn’t change anything. Hesitant to migrate into ZWave Matter unless that’s the move necessary….

Edited by atmarosi
8 minutes ago, atmarosi said:

Finally got mine to get to 5.5.0. Haven’t migrated yet - but seems like my zwave devices aren’t working at all.  If I query one I get request failed….

the zwave menu states: z wave dongle not responding 

rebooting hasn’t change anything. Hesitant to migrate into ZWave Matter unless that’s the move necessary….

Remove power from polisy and plug back in. A normal reboot won’t reboot the zooz dongle if it is hung up. That is what fixed for me before I switched to zmatter. 

3 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

I have had a lot of strange problems as well, same situation.. see my post / thread here..

Yes, does sound similar. I was about to say all my Zwave devices have been working reliably during this time but then I remembered a few lights that should have been turned off at 23:35 that were still on. I can't remember now whether the issues started with 5.4.5 or with the ZMatter board install, I went to 5.4.5 when it became available but only installed the board last weekend.

52 minutes ago, atmarosi said:

Forgot to mention I’m not using a Zooz dongle but rather the zwave matter module…hasn’t haven’t migrated to matter.  So the 5.4.5 version of zwave essentially - but it’s not seeing the module for some reason….haven’t tried unplugging the power yet

you need 5.5 for the Zmatter module to work with zwave, but read all the posts about the manual intervention and challenges people are having first. 

On 12/17/2022 at 3:45 PM, asbril said:

I have seen so much information that I  am utterly confused.

• I am exclusively Zwave, plus some wifi devices.
  • I have a Polisy Pro with the Zooz 700 usb stick
  • I have the new ZMatter board installed in my Polisy, but I am waiting for the migration until I receive my eisy and when the tool is deemed to be ready.
  • Polisy is at 5.4.5  and PG3 is at  3.1.16

(1)  Should I Upgrade to 5.5. now ?

(2)  What is proper procedure  for the 5.5. upgrade, in the Administrative Console or Pressing the button on Polisy ?

I know that there are descriptions of the procedure but there are so many comments (including on problems) that I need a clear & simple explanation.

Thanks

You can upgrade to 5.5.0 now but will not gain any new features as far as I know if continue to use the Zooz dongle. Just don't press the move to Zmatter button if you want to continue using Zooz Z-Wave.

Proper procedure is AC but that has not seemed to work for anyone in this thread and had to resort to manually updating a package via ssh, reboot (several reboots in my case) and then update in AC works.

If you are confused by it, and do not like taking risk of breaking everting (like I do LOL), then I would not click the Move to Zmatter button, but go ahead and try to go to v5.5.0. Future upgrades will most likely be easier once at this version.

Considering you have an EISY on the way,  I am not sure if there is a migration plan to move from Zooz USB on Policy to an EISY with ZMatter. You probably will have to do the migration on the existing Polisy because it will need access to the Zooz and current Wave setup, then backup.restore to EISY... I don't think the software that comes on an EISY will recognize Zooz and will default to ZMatter only. I am not sure on this maybe could get some clarification on the upgrade procedure.

I moved nearly 20 devices over yesterday and took me a few hours, off and on, to redo my programs and scenes. I also had to redo those Z-Wave devices in my Amazon Alexa and remove the old, and also HomeBridge/HomeKit needed some minor work (see below). The only issues I have are a leak sensor not having a node that reports the actual leak, and Hail not working correctly which I use for a few old Leviton Z-Wave switches (I am told will be fixed in next release). I did notice that many Z-Wave devices have an extra node or two which did not have before on the Zooz, so I am not sure how this will be handled in their migration when they ever get working (I can only imagine how complicated must be for them to try to keep track of every scenario like this).

When you click that move to ZMatter, the Admin Console restarts and ALL your old Z-Wave nodes are gone (well in my case I had four lingering ones from Zen17 and GE light switch I had to manually delete). Any new Z-Wave added start with prefix ZY instead of ZW now. I had to change an entry in my Homebridge to ignore ZY instead of ZW so I don't get dozens of unnecessary devices show up in HK. Programs in AC will show a comment regarding the deleted Node ZW ID so it is easy to keep track of what it was referencing while I redid programs because I kept a record of all my old Z-Wave IDs prior to upgrading, and recorded the new ZY ID of each device.

Edited by brians
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, brians said:

You can upgrade to 5.5.0 now but will not gain any new features as far as I know if continue to use the Zooz dongle. Just don't press the move to Zmatter button if you want to continue using Zooz Z-Wave.

Proper procedure is AC but that has not seemed to work for anyone in this thread and had to resort to manually updating a package via ssh, reboot (several reboots in my case) and then update in AC works.

If you are confused by it, and do not like taking risk of breaking everting (like I do LOL), then I would not click the Move to Zmatter button, but go ahead and try to go to v5.5.0. Future upgrades will most likely be easier once at this version.

Considering you have an EISY on the way,  I am not sure if there is a migration plan to move from Zooz USB on Policy to an EISY with ZMatter. You probably will have to do the migration on the existing Polisy because it will need access to the Zooz and current Wave setup, then backup.restore to EISY... I don't think the software that comes on an EISY will recognize Zooz and will default to ZMatter only. I am not sure on this maybe could get some clarification on the upgrade procedure.

I moved nearly 20 devices over yesterday and took me a few hours, off and on, to redo my programs and scenes. I also had to redo those Z-Wave devices in my Amazon Alexa and remove the old, and also HomeBridge/HomeKit needed some minor work (see below). The only issues I have are a leak sensor not having a node that reports the actual leak, and Hail not working correctly which I use for a few old Leviton Z-Wave switches (I am told will be fixed in next release). I did notice that many Z-Wave devices have an extra node or two which did not have before on the Zooz, so I am not sure how this will be handled in their migration when they ever get working (I can only imagine how complicated must be for them to try to keep track of every scenario like this).

When you click that move to ZMatter, the Admin Console restarts and ALL your old Z-Wave nodes are gone (well in my case I had four lingering ones from Zen17 and GE light switch I had to manually delete). Any new Z-Wave added start with prefix ZY instead of ZW now. I had to change an entry  my Homebridge to ignore ZY instead  sof ZW o I don't get dozens of unnecessary devices show up in HK. Programs in AC will show a comment regarding the deleted Node ZW ID so it is easy to keep track of what it was referencing while I redid programs because I kept a record of all my old Z-Wave IDs prior to upgrading.

Very useful information, thanks !!!   

Though I had not thought of it, it makes sense that the migration should take place on Polisy with having both the Zooz dongle and the ZMatter board on the same device. If not mistaken, there is a pending upgrade of 5.5.0 which may make it easier to install the firmware. I have used PuTty several times, but I am always hesitant going that way and I hope that the AC solution will soon work.

The migration is a potential headache as I have  some 80 ZWave devices. If I also need to rewrite my programs as well as  routines on Google Home and Alexa, then this would be a pretty  big project.

Therefore I put my hope on the UD team ironing out the various issues mentioned. As much as I love being among the first to use new devices or software, it makes sense for me to use my current setup for the time being and wait for clarity.

Thanks again !

I have gotten Z-Wave devices to add to my Polisy with ZMatter. However, I've noticed several of the battery powered devices do not update even after I tell it to Query. I also wait the 5 minutes to see if the device wakes up to update the Polisy nodes. 

To be fair, Zooz specifically says the ZSE43 and ZSE11 are only compatible with some of the most bleeding edge Zmatter hubs, but I was hoping Zmatter would be the fix for that issue on the Polisy. Maybe in the near future?

More trouble with Polisy disappearing/becoming unresponsive. I've opened a ticket, today the IoX couldn't find Polisy. Found it using IP address, then AC started with 4 minutes of System Busy. Now anytime the AC is the active window it goes busy again. Eventually solved it (with luck permanently) by unplugging the Polisy. The problem is that Polisy is unresponsive to commands and has failed to run programs during these periods. I've made no attempt to update beyond 5.4.5 nor made any other changes other than Zmatter board to what was a solidly performing system with the Zooz stick and Insteon PLM.

Edited by landolfi
58 minutes ago, landolfi said:

More trouble with Polisy disappearing/becoming unresponsive. I've opened a ticket, today the IoX couldn't find Polisy. Found it using IP address, then AC started with 4 minutes of System Busy. Now anytime the AC is the active window it goes busy again. Eventually solved it (with luck permanently) by unplugging the Polisy. The problem is that Polisy is unresponsive to commands and has failed to run programs during these periods. I've made no attempt to update beyond 5.4.5 nor made any other changes other than Zmatter board to what was a solidly performing system with the Zooz stick and Insteon PLM.

I don’t think zmatter was ever officially supported working on v5.4.5.  Even though it seemed to work for some, it was always stated by UD we would need an update to support it. I’d suggest to upgrade to v5.5.0.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, landolfi said:

@brians I dont think he is implying that the board should be working without updgrading to 5.5

Instead, he is experiencing what I experienced after installing the ZMatter board with zooz 700 stick. No changes to firmware / software. Running 5.4.5 w/o any problems for many weeks, then 1-2 days after installing the ZMatter board, doing nothing else, I started having problems. They lasted about 48 hours. Have not had any problems since my last unplugging. 

see my posts here with Michel's comment at the end.  Thanks.

19 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

@brians I dont think he is implying that the board should be working without updgrading to 5.5

Instead, he is experiencing what I experienced after installing the ZMatter board with zooz 700 stick. No changes to firmware / software. Running 5.4.5 w/o any problems for many weeks, then 1-2 days after installing the ZMatter board, doing nothing else, I started having problems. They lasted about 48 hours. Have not had any problems since my last unplugging. 

see my posts here with Michel's comment at the end.  Thanks.

Ahh ok I reread and it seems that may be still using the Zooz stick with ZMatter installed. It sounds to a Query issue I experienced, which hangs up everything and I have had that issue for a long time since getting Polisy and even on ISY994i. I disabled Query on startup and made my own custom query program that just queries devices I want. Having upgraded to v5.5.0 the full query seems to be a lot better though, but I am not 100% sure on this. However, this thread is for v5.5.0 support so still recommend he upgrades to v5.5.0.

Edited by brians
1 hour ago, brians said:

Ahh ok I reread and it seems that may be still using the Zooz stick with ZMatter installed. It sounds to a Query issue I experienced, which hangs up everything and I have had that issue for a long time since getting Polisy and even on ISY994i. I disabled Query on startup and made my own custom query program that just queries devices I want. Having upgraded to v5.5.0 the full query seems to be a lot better though, but I am not 100% sure on this. However, this thread is for v5.5.0 support so still recommend he upgrades to v5.5.0.

I don think 5.5 is ready for prime time yet, that is why I also have not upgraded. Once all the package and zwave stuff gets sorted out, I'll make the upgrade. In the meantime though, there should be no reason that things dont continue as they were, with the board simply installed and waiting to be activated, based on early comments from Michele. But clearly something must happen / be going on that does cause a problem, that for me seemed to finally get reconciled with about 10-12 unplugs.

53 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

I don think 5.5 is ready for prime time yet, that is why I also have not upgraded. Once all the package and zwave stuff gets sorted out, I'll make the upgrade. In the meantime though, there should be no reason that things dont continue as they were, with the board simply installed and waiting to be activated, based on early comments from Michele. But clearly something must happen / be going on that does cause a problem, that for me seemed to finally get reconciled with about 10-12 unplugs.

I am somewhat on the same wavelength. My current setup (Polisy/Zooz Dongle 5.4.5) works fine and I see no need to upgrade till I receive my eisy, hoping that by then  the issues will be resolved.

I did install the ZMatter board, but am not using it right now).

8 hours ago, brians said:

That was the recommendation of support, to upgrade to 5.5. I could swear I read here or somewhere that they had issues with Zooz ZWave after a 5.5 upgrade, so I'm hesitant to do it. I don't plan to cut over to ZMatter until the migration path is well established, and I'm primarily using ZWave with the Zooz stick. It's been very reliable until these periods of unavailability started.

Interesting idea to just query devices of interest. I have a query all running at 3 am and the periods of unresponsiveness have always occurred between the night before and when I get up, so the query all is suspect.

10 minutes ago, landolfi said:

That was the recommendation of support, to upgrade to 5.5. I could swear I read here or somewhere that they had issues with Zooz ZWave after a 5.5 upgrade, so I'm hesitant to do it. I don't plan to cut over to ZMatter until the migration path is well established, and I'm primarily using ZWave with the Zooz stick. It's been very reliable until these periods of unavailability started.

Interesting idea to just query devices of interest. I have a query all running at 3 am and the periods of unresponsiveness have always occurred between the night before and when I get up, so the query all is suspect.

How many zwave devices do you have?

I had around 20 and didn't take me long to redo on ZMatter.

FYI, by default ISY queries on a restart which can be disabled in configuration.