What is the interface for the new Eisy?

thedishking

Yes, for admin console access...just as ISY systems all have.

It's been said that UD Mobile will certainly be an option and the goal is to have a Windows and Mac (M1/M2 chip) version (already running on macOS).

Admin Console with IoX Finder (as we all know and love) will remain for quite a while. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, thedishking said:

That has been nothing short of an absolute nightmare to support.

Interesting. I haven't had problems supporting it, but I only support for me and my in-laws. It's simple, easy and works. Even able to access it easily from halfway around the world. 

Seems like your experience has been more challenging.

One great thing about the stability of the ISY system has been its reliability. So really haven't had much need to change it over the years. 

39 minutes ago, thedishking said:

I really would have thought that you would have moved to more of a pure web server that could be accessed with any old browser at this point.

Take a look at the thread below.  Some of the issues regarding "any old browser" are discussed:

1 hour ago, thedishking said:

That has been nothing short of an absolute nightmare to support.

I really would have thought that you would have moved to more of a pure web server that could be accessed with any old browser at this point.

Whats the nightmare? Can you expand on this? If you're having that many issues, it would help if you say why its a nightmare so they can be fixed.

Ive never had issues with logging into and programming multiple systems with the console. I dont see how hard it is to open it up regardless of whether I use the Java Icon or my firefox icon. its still the same click.

Edited by lilyoyo1

1st of all - having to maintain the Java environment.  Most people that I know - don't ever need anything else to do where they need to log in to such an environment.

I had to help 2 friends last year get Java installed (32 + 64 bit) on their laptops simply to access the admin console of the ISY.  Simply directing them to an IP to pull up a site would be much cleaner.

I am not questioning any of the previous reliability - but it sounds like some of you are defending the antiquated method of having to still tolerate the Java interface.

I thought that with all of this jazz around a new piece of hardware - there would be some things that could finally be improved upon.

51 minutes ago, thedishking said:

1st of all - having to maintain the Java environment.  Most people that I know - don't ever need anything else to do where they need to log in to such an environment.

Everyone's needs are different. You may not know of anyone but UDI has thousands of customers. Im sure a greater number of them use other java based products than IR. Besides, what are you logging into? I click a java based link (AC)> up pops my polisy and other systems>click my polisy>and login. How is that different than me clicking on firefox>typing in my ip address (lets be real- id have a shortcut)>type in my password? In fact, the java link actually helps out because most of us are managing multiple systems so they all show up in 1 place.

I had to help 2 friends last year get Java installed (32 + 64 bit) on their laptops simply to access the admin console of the ISY.  Simply directing them to an IP to pull up a site would be much cleaner.

Not sure why they had a hard time. My wife's Mom didn't need help when she downloaded java for something.

I am not questioning any of the previous reliability - but it sounds like some of you are defending the antiquated method of having to still tolerate the Java interface.

We're not defending anything. We just recognize what it is. The little bit of work it requires so infrequently, is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. I cant speak for others but what I care about is whether or not my lights and electronics turn on/off when they're supposed to the language for a programming tool that I only use for specific tasks.

I thought that with all of this jazz around a new piece of hardware - there would be some things that could finally be improved upon.

I care whether or not the hardware allows me to accomplish my goals which it does....Much better than other systems costing 2x as much (those do not use java)

Edited by lilyoyo1

@lilyoyo1clearly you have a better understanding of Java (as most of us current ISY users do).

All I am saying is it would be 10x more convenient for the more basic non - IT professional user to not require Java.

Limiting the market to those who tolerate Java.

I'll fax you the details later.  Take care.

Edited by thedishking
11 hours ago, thedishking said:

@lilyoyo1clearly you have a better understanding of Java (as most of us current ISY users do).

All I am saying is it would be 10x more convenient for the more basic non - IT professional user to not require Java.

Limiting the market to those who tolerate Java.

I'll fax you the details later.  Take care.

Maybe he prefers kermit to faxes? :)

• Haha 1