Support thread: IoX Release v5.5.3

4 hours ago, jec6613 said:

Yep, I tried pulling the plug. No change. It's integrated on Polisy. 

Edit: I suspect the board is stuck in some sort of unusual state given it was 100% OK until restarting ISY as part of the update, so more likely software.  Either way though, I'll report back.

I could see Z-Wave chip going into some state. But not connecting, almost seems like it died. If removing power doesn't fix it, I don't know what will. Check /var/log/messages, see if you can find something. Here's what it looks like when I pull ZMatter USB out:

Jan  8 15:42:45 polisy kernel: ugen0.2: <Silicon Labs CP2105 Dual USB to UART Bridge Controller> at usbus0 (disc
onnected)
Jan  8 15:42:45 polisy kernel: uslcom0: at uhub0, port 3, addr 1 (disconnected)
Jan  8 15:42:45 polisy kernel: uslcom0: detached
Jan  8 15:42:45 polisy kernel: uslcom1: at uhub0, port 3, addr 1 (disconnected)
Jan  8 15:42:45 polisy kernel: uslcom1: detached
Jan  8 15:44:27 polisy kernel: ugen0.2: <Silicon Labs CP2105 Dual USB to UART Bridge Controller> at usbus0
Jan  8 15:44:27 polisy kernel: uslcom0
Jan  8 15:44:27 polisy kernel:  on uhub0
Jan  8 15:44:27 polisy kernel: uslcom0: <Enhanced Com Port> on usbus0
Jan  8 15:44:27 polisy kernel: uslcom1
Jan  8 15:44:27 polisy kernel:  on uhub0
Jan  8 15:44:27 polisy kernel: uslcom1: <Standard Com Port> on usbus0

Updating did not restore any missing devices. "Synchronize New and Deleted" seems to know what's 'missing' - but interviews still fail.

The Fibaro Button I couldn't use because it's button push was not being detected is now being detected.

The Fibaro 🔐 fob I couldn't include can now be included. It shows as the several nodes I expected. Good job!

The Aeotec Minimote I had to reset and try to re-include. It included and displayed just 1 node (ZY 033 Controller) and no other nodes. I was expecting a separate node for each button. I cannot select the device in programs either so it's not possible to use the device. 

11 hours ago, kzboray said:

Z-wave is the devil. As much as manufactures say they follow the standards, there really are only loosely defined ideas. Each manufacturer can define what each register does and how it works or doesn't with other devices.

Manufactures of z-wave devices don't even have consistent specifications for their own products let alone interoperability with other manufactures.

What UDI is trying to do is add some stability and consistency to a technology that has no standards. It's going to be bumpy, but if they can tame Insteon without documentation and reverse engineer the technology, I have hope in their efforts to do something similar with z-wave.

Keep reporting issues and supplying logs. Michel and his band of dedicated miracle workers will get things sorted. It's just going to take a bit of time.

I agree that it was UDI's effort with their ISY that actually brought some stabilization to Insteon owners such as myself, being an early adopter from the beginning, with all the different revisions throughout the years.

Edited by brians

After update to 5.5.3 (from 5.5.2), Java clear / reset, updated Admin Console launch, then after a Z-wave exclude / include + Admin Console restart:

• Aeotec Gen 6 Repeater - now shows with the Z-wave nodes as expected - that's a win!
    • Devices list:
      • 6 Interview done
  • August Smart Lock (Pro, 3rd generation) has a single node with no details in it. 
    Still the case even after "Synchronize with Interview"
    • Devices list:
      • 7 Interview done
    • X-Ray / Node definition of that device:
      <nodeDefs>
          <nodedef nls="113" id="ZY007_1">
              <sts>
                  <st hide="T" editor="ZY_ERR" id="ERR"/>
              </sts>
              <cmds>
                  <sends/>
                  <accepts>
                      <cmd id="QUERY"/>
                      <cmd id="WDU"/>
                  </accepts>
              </cmds>
              <links>
                  <ctl/>
                  <rsp>
                      <link gid="ASSOC" linkdef="ASSOC"/>
                      <link gid="ASSOC" linkdef="ASSOC_MC"/>
                      <link gid="BASIC" linkdef="BASIC"/>
                      <link gid="BASIC" linkdef="BASIC_MC"/>
                  </rsp>
              </links>
          </nodedef>
      </nodeDefs>

Polisy with Z-Matter board (or whatever we're calling it) - no Zooz, no migration.

Edited by residualimages
additional details ("interview done")
On 1/10/2023 at 9:00 AM, jec6613 said:

After upgrading, I can't query or send commands to any Z-Wave devices.  Doing a Z-Wave X-Ray on DH All Devices and DH Controller give the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><RestResponse succeeded="false"><status>404</status></RestResponse>

Update: after working with support, they have a test workaround for this behavior.  It had to do with board detection on startup.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, saninberg said:

I have the same condition. Do you have details for this workaround?

You'll need to contact support, install an updated pkg they'll provide, and then manually pick the port.  They have a procedure though, so I'd expect you'd have a quick answer Tuesday (or Monday if they're working over MLK).

• Thanks 1

I was about to include  a new device and suddenly the system went busy and the Event Viewer stays on Refreshing Event Viewer.   I have rebooted the system several times but still the same.

I even tried to restore latest backup but still same result.

Is there a way to set eisy to factory default and then do a restore of latest backup or even of the migration backup ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, asbril said:

I was about to include  a new device and suddenly the system went busy and the Event Viewer stays on Refreshing Event Viewer.   I have rebooted the system several times but still the same.

I even tried to restore latest backup but still same result.

Is there a way to set eisy to factory default and then do a restore of latest backup or even of the migration backup ?

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Factory_Reset

• Thanks 1

Just finished loading 5.5.3 on my Polisy with a Zmatter board first time moving to ISY on Polisy. I had just finished taking out all my Insteon and replacing with Zwave, last week and everything was working great on ISY994.

These are the major issues I am having.

None of my programs that are controlled from a switch on/off work at all, all work fine when from "run then command" in console. Also creating a scene in admin console to do the same commands works fine from the admin console but not activated with the switch. Looking in the event viewer I noticed that the communications from the switches seem to be being ignored. 

Sun 01/15/2023 05:00:54 AM : [ZWAVE-CTL-EVENT ] Basic Set from 26.0 unmapped (ignored)"

Not sure if this is the problem or not?

Have a few devices that have not been recognized by the Zwave but luckily they are not critical for me.

Also I show the 5.5.3 being disconnected on Polyglot 3 most of the time, for a while yesterday it showed connected but today again it is not.

Isy Disconnected.JPG

Event View.JPG

Just got the following two updates, but cannot find a changelog. Not noticed what's changed yet. Anyone else?

Jan 15 21:17:01 polisy pkg[87756]: udx upgraded: 3.3.4_1 -> 3.3.4_8
Jan 15 21:17:19 polisy pkg[88047]: isy upgraded: 5.5.3_4 -> 5.5.3_6

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, trevorst said:

None of my programs that are controlled from a switch on/off work at all, all work fine when from "run then command" in console. Also creating a scene in admin console to do the same commands works fine from the admin console but not activated with the switch. Looking in the event viewer I noticed that the communications from the switches seem to be being ignored. 

I'm having the same issue - none of the switches I have that use HAIL to notify the controller that something changed are working. The main type I have is the Leviton DZ6HD-1BZ. 'Query' works - but putting it's nodes into a scene or a program triggering on 'HAIL' do not work.

Look at the thread link below it is  a  discussion I had with brians at the bottom the thread below.  He states that when the Zmatter board includes a device they have prefix of ZY not ZW and looking at his post it look like he has more options than I see in the scene dialog.

OK I just validated that unless your Zwave devices have a ZY prefix after the restore they are not updated to Zmatter.

I excluded one of my switches then reincluded and was able to get a scene working correctly. Tried to setup a similar scene with an identical switch that still had the ZW prefix and it would not work. Excluded then reincluded that one and again scene could be created and work. Both scenes included a Zwave switch and a non Zwave responder, and work great with a slight delay on the responder. Next one I am setting up is two zwave devices.

Edited by trevorst
10 hours ago, MWareman said:

Just got the following two updates, but cannot find a changelog. Not noticed what's changed yet. Anyone else?

I don't touch the Upgrade Packages button until told to do so. Suppose UDI is sneaking in minor fixes without broadcasting it?

9 minutes ago, vbphil said:

I don't touch the Upgrade Packages button until told to do so. Suppose UDI is sneaking in minor fixes without broadcasting it?

UDI has always included more fixes than mentioned in docs. Of course there are still many bugs from jumping to V5 yet that may have been forgotten with all the Zwave, eISY, PG3, and now Matter excitement.

Edited by larryllix
  • Like 2

Fibaro Keyfob (never used on Zooz - included new onto zmatter).

Not triggering programs at all. ZWAY.LOG shows the events are arriving correctly and being 'Delivered to Z-Wave stack'.

However - programs are not triggering. Examples:

Basic 2 OFF - [ID 016C][Parent 0168]

If
        'Mobile / Fibaro Keyfob / ZY 032 Basic Assoc Only 2' is switched On
Then
        Wait  4 seconds
Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Dimmer 3 ON - [ID 0169][Parent 0168]

If
        'Mobile / Fibaro Keyfob / ZY 032 Dimmer Assoc Only 3' is switched On
Then
        Wait  4 seconds 
Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I am not able to get any such programs to trigger (I have one for each node - both on and off. The 'wait' is just so the program goes 'green' in the admin console if triggered - and none are)

Anyone had success with a Fibaro Keyfob?

11 hours ago, MWareman said:

@MWaremando you know a way to watch the pkg program as it runs or a log that I can look at after to monitor if there are any problems? 

4 hours ago, tazman said:

@MWaremando you know a way to watch the pkg program as it runs or a log that I can look at after to monitor if there are any problems? 

I got this from /var/log/messages - though I know somewhere there is a log that udx writes... I'm away from home at the moment so will dig a bit more when I get home again.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MrBill said:

This came up in another thread recently (linked post and the next)... Wait with nothing following doesn't turn the flag green.

Good to know. I will add something after the wait to see if the program is triggering and I'm just not seeing it. I had originally tried an empty program (I'm fairly sure that long ago that was all that was needed).

Edit to add: I would think the true/false would still indicate though. I deliberately set the condition so that 'On' would turn the on program true and the off program false. Neither are occurring. If a 'wait' with nothing afterwards outright prevents a program triggering then I suspect something more is at issue.

Edited by MWareman
  • Like 1

So my devices did not come online after the inrerview process so I decided to rebuild by network. Thats when I realized there is no "Learn" option available on 5.5.3 with the zmatter board.  This option existed with the ISY994.  I want to add my polisy to my existing Network. Any thoughts?

My upgrade from V5.5.2 worked flawlessly except for the 4 beeps. I got 5 beeps and then a single beep a few seconds later.

This was my second successful update from my Admin Console. No rebooting or restarting my Ecobee NS was required.  Previously only the SSH method ever worked properly.

Minor bugs existing for a few versions now, are still not fixed.

Edited by larryllix