Support thread: IoX 5.5.5 Release

Chris Jahn

1 hour ago, GJ Software Products said:

@briansI upgraded the firmware to 1.20:

Integer  DATA devices.47.data.applicationMajor = 1 (0x00000001)
Integer  DATA devices.47.data.applicationMinor = 20 (0x00000014)

And I now have:

image.png.757f630aebd3084af2654a2c07699d74.png

and it now is working.  I gave it the good 'ol diode with sound test on my Fluke for the DOs and the paperclip test for the DIs and it's behaving like it should.  Looks like it's flash to 1.20, include, set parameters 2 and 3, exclude, include, set parameters 10 and 11 to 0, and wah-lah!  It works!  :)

Good to hear. Did you include with S2 and key or with just S0?

Regarding parameters,
I had set one for Garage with Zooz dongle before with P2=7 for a door open/close sensor and the node came up named different when I included as a door with open/close instead of on/off. My garage door Zen17 is way up high and not easy to do right now.

1 hour ago, auger66 said:

Per our posts in the Hue section, the Hue node server with eisy IoX 5.5.5 quits after every restart. Even though Hue says it's connected, it doesn't work. You have to delete and set up again.

Well I would suppose that will fix the Kasa too but I have put way too much work into programs and scenes for Kasa. I guess migration hold and non-functional scenes I'm stuck with till they put out another version. At this point my who lighting is nerfed where timers and schedules were required. Starting that from scratch again will not be pleasing...

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
27 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Well I would suppose that will fix the Kasa too but I have put way too much work into programs and scenes for Kasa. I guess migration hold and non-functional scenes I'm stuck with till they put out another version. At this point my who lighting is nerfed where timers and schedules were required. Starting that from scratch again will not be pleasing...

TRI0N

I don't know. The various node servers seem to have their own particular issues on eisy. The ST-Sonos server was completely non-functional in PG3x until recently.

Hue was OK until IoX 5.5.5. One version of PG3x required a Hue reinstall, then it was fine. This is the first problem I've had when just a restart breaks something. The Hue server is the one I use the most.

• Like 1

5.5.5 worked great on Polisy Pro following standard "Upgrade Packages" execution through AC.  

Upgraded from 5.5.4 ->5.5.5 and PG3 upgraded from 3.1.16 to 3.1.17 without issue.  

Logged into My.ISY.IO to verify Polisy was at 5.5.5 then went into PG3 dashboard, refreshed then auto discovered ISY to re-detect mine and everything started up great.  My Rachio Node Server had to be manually restarted but all others appear to be working perfectly.

No changes needed to scenes either - well done UD Team!

22 hours ago, Chris Jahn said:

Yes, you can use the Zen 34 in scenes and in programs.  You should see DON / DOF in the event viewer when you press the buttons.  If you do not, make sure to write the changes, which I can see doesn't happen automatically on wake up right now.  If it doesn't send DON / DOF and there are no pending writes, then select Z-Wave | Rewrite All Device Links

1) In Wake Up node, turn "Keep Awake" On

2) Wake up Zen 34 (press upper paddle 7 times)

3) right+click node, Write changes

4) In Wake Up node, turn "Keep Awake" off

Keep in mind, the devices Zen 34 can control in scenes must have been included with the same security level you included Zen 34

I am happy to report that @Chris Jahn's procedure worked for me. Both my ZEN 34s work now on eisy/ZMatter, as before with Polisy.

Edited by asbril
21 hours ago, brians said:

Good to hear. Did you include with S2 and key or with just S0?

Regarding parameters,
I had set one for Garage with Zooz dongle before with P2=7 for a door open/close sensor and the node came up named different when I included as a door with open/close instead of on/off. My garage door Zen17 is way up high and not easy to do right now.

@briansI included with S2 unauth & S2 auth with key.  

Was really hoping for a 5.5.6 Release here today. 80% of configurations/devices are DEAD.

HUE - Dead, unless I want to delete/install every time I reboot the eisy
Kasa - Dead, I've even tried Joboo Voodoo! Honestly I'm not about to even try delete/install because I have put days into programs and configuring. Doing so again would not be pleasing. I still need to migrate setup the office system once stable at home but until stability is achieved it's DOA. The good news is all the Insteon are swiped out with Z-Wave Plus S2 Devices but scene controllers are half/dead because of Hue/Kasa devices being nerfed.

TRI0N

26 minutes ago, landolfi said:

I have 2 ZSE44s that I use for temperature monitoring, neither of which is working since 5.5.5. Anyone else having trouble with 5.5.5 and ZSE44? Still using the Zooz 700 dongle for Zwave.

Never mind about the ZSE44s. They're battery operated and were just really slow to report.

1 hour ago, landolfi said:

Never mind about the ZSE44s. They're battery operated and were just really slow to report.

Yeah I would assume those would only update probably every 3 minutes or 60 seconds. I'm probably going to buy about a dozen of them to put in each room for the Smart A/C I'm building. The A/C are smart as but upgrading it so each room has a automated channeling system based on those sensors. Duct Channels only open to room that are outside the set temps so I see those being perfect for that purpose.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
  • Like 1

Well that's just really weird. Kasa Node Server just decided to connect. I did absolutely nothing. I was in waiting for next patch and boom some of my routines started function this AM so I checked that it's connected and the devices seem to be responsive. Hue however is still Dead inside UDAC. Nothing can be quarried form the Hue devices. I'll wait and see if that kicks in since it's not something I put a lot of time into yet.

Honestly have no idea why it would just start working without anything actually being done to it. Last thing I did before the weirdness was install a new power bar by Kasa HS300 Smart Energy Monitor Power Strip and made one simple program for one of the outlets to come on between 4-6AM for the Tablet that is hooked up on it.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
8 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Well that's just really weird.

There was a comment from @bpwwer in another thread (not looking for it at the moment), but apparently there's an issue with 5.5.5 and PG3x that impacts users with multiple node servers running. Perhaps that's your issue and sometimes one will randomly run correctly but others wont. I'd leave things alone and stop removing/reinstalling until more updates are released. You're just creating useless work for yourself. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Geddy said:

There was a comment from @bpwwer in another thread (not looking for it at the moment), but apparently there's an issue with 5.5.5 and PG3x that impacts users with multiple node servers running. Perhaps that's your issue and sometimes one will randomly run correctly but others wont. I'd leave things alone and stop removing/reinstalling until more updates are released. You're just creating useless work for yourself. 

That's the plan. I won't be doing anything in UDAC till the next patch. But having Kasa working has got most of my automations working, so that's a big plus.

TRI0N

45 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Yeah I would assume those would only update probably every 3 minutes or 60 seconds. I'm probably going to buy about a dozen of them to put in each room for the Smart A/C I'm building. The A/C are smart as but upgrading it so each room has a automated channeling system based on those sensors. Duct Channels only open to room that are outside the set temps so I see those being perfect for that purpose.

I might have 3 ZSE44s that I'll sell cheap, along with some other z-wave devices. I'm not happy with z-wave devices right now with how they include/exclude and show up in Home Assistant and the InFluxDB add-on. Too many nodes show up that don't have any use in "my network" and it's a pain to manage when there's many of them. As example, here's what I get for the ZSE44, 12 nodes when all I want is 2, temperature and humidity.

image.jpeg.21a71684306b4b987d57bbcbb60b8330.jpeg

The ZSE44, however, added smoothly to my Polisy Zmatter Z-Wave migration.

I'm also using Wireless Tags but I think they're on the way out for me as well. I'm trying YoLink devices later in the week. Hopefully they might be my new alternative.

55 minutes ago, vbphil said:

I might have 3 ZSE44s that I'll sell cheap, along with some other z-wave devices. I'm not happy with z-wave devices right now with how they include/exclude and show up in Home Assistant and the InFluxDB add-on. Too many nodes show up that don't have any use in "my network" and it's a pain to manage when there's many of them. As example, here's what I get for the ZSE44, 12 nodes when all I want is 2, temperature and humidity.

I'm also using Wireless Tags but I think they're on the way out for me as well. I'm trying YoLink devices later in the week. Hopefully they might be my new alternative.

Well at this time I'm kind of hoping to hear back from the one developing Govee Node Server. I have been playing with 3 of their different models of their Thermo-Hygrometer. I'm actually very impressed with their WiFi model H5179 which gives you a constant update over their Bluetooth models (which I'm impressed with those too for different purposes such as my cigar closet) that do not update constantly. They update every 60 seconds. Downside of the Bluetooth models is that it will require a, what Govee calls a Distribution Gateway. All of their RGBIC lights that I know of come with it build into the controller. Most of their other appliances have one as well built in. This creates a mesh network for devices that are not WiFi. So just a FYI. My understanding is that each Distribution Gateway can support 10 Bluetooth devices each to report via WiFi.

However, Govee only supports lights at this time. I really hope to see some development on that going towards other Govee Products. But I do have a Zooz Temp control on the way for testing. I have the Duct Systems parts being delivered in @ month so Govee Dev has a little time to see if they want to put effort into it, I would pay for a Perpetual License for sure if they did focus on that H5179 model. It's a good product. I'm using it to control the Govee Humidifier and it's amazing. But I want to be able to control things outside the Govee Environment (hence A/C Smart Ducts) other than their lights which I can control completely with eisy with ease. I currently using their RGBIC Strip Lights for many things like under cabinet lighting controlled by motion sensors at night, game and entertainment lighting, etc. 

Updated Note: I forgot to mention that the Govee ones keep a record of readings for 2 months internally in each device. WiFI and Bluetooth. You can export them to CSV whenever you want.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, vbphil said:

Ya when I first used Z-Wave years ago I was surprised by all the nodes vs Insteon. I think other hubs consolidate them all into one device. I am curious how HA does this natively. Are you using HA ISY integration to bring in all your devices however? If that is the case, must be a nightmare to keep track of everything whenever re-including a device and node ID number changes :(

What I do on IoX is I have a folder named Z-Wave extra nodes, and sub-folders within for all rooms/devices. I throw all the extra nodes in there and just rename/move all the nodes I want to appropriate folders. I tried HA ISY integration but is too much too much entities brought over and I don't feel like renaming them all in IoX to try to ignore (the add-on in HA could have more selective importing abilities.. .maybe it does now it has been a while?)

There are pros and cons to having all these nodes, I guess we can organize how we want. I often watch HA tutorials for things that popup on Youtube and seems a bit overwhelming in the steps to do a particular task where in IoX it would be a simpler program.

• Like 1

Be careful updating the packages on either Polisy or eisy at the moment.  I updated packages on both this morning - I used the "Upgrade Packages" button on the Configuration tab on the AC - and IoX isn't playing along on either machine after a reboot.  I've opened a ticket.  Below are the salient items from the log:

Installed packages to be REMOVED:
	mongo-c-driver: 1.8.1

New packages to be INSTALLED:
	node19: 19.5.0 [udi]

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
	libbson: 1.8.1 -> 1.23.2 [FreeBSD]
	xmlsec1: 1.2.34_1 -> 1.2.37 [FreeBSD]

29 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

Running into the same issue. Also have a ticket open.

Looks like there's issues with the mongo-c-driver build on FreeBSD 13, not sure if that's still required or not (but restarting the udx service manually complains about it not being installed).

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=269301

https://portsfallout.com/fallout?port=devel%2Fmongo-c-driver%24

Just now, shbatm said:

Running into the same issue. Also have a ticket open.

Looks like there's issues with the mongo-c-driver build on FreeBSD 13, not sure if that's still required or not (but restarting the udx service manually complains about it not being installed).

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=269301

https://portsfallout.com/fallout?port=devel%2Fmongo-c-driver%24

Yep, I think you're right.  I don't have a PG3 instance running on either Polisy or eisy at the moment.  PG2 is running on my Polisy.  UDX and ISY are running on both.

3 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

UDX and ISY are running on both.

These 'claim' they are running on my polisy, but I don't have any isy ports open (sockstat), no isy log files have been updated since I mashed the button last night, and when I try and manually run the ISY binary it's complaining about a missing library object referenced online with the Mongo-c-driver.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, shbatm said:

when I try and manually run the ISY binary it's complaining about a missing library object referenced online with the Mongo-c-driver.

Bingo...

EDIT: I recall that a stated goal of PG3 was to get rid of MongoDB.  Maybe UDI is getting ready a release that'll do just that, and this update somehow escaped into the wild a bit early.

Edited by Bumbershoot

Looks like the issue is with libbson being updated in the upgrade.polisy script, my fix wasn't as simple...

Note: this is not advice from UDI. Follow at your own risk.

This is the output of the update script.

The following 2 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
libbson: 1.8.1 -> 1.23.2 [FreeBSD]

Number of packages to be removed: 1
Number of packages to be upgraded: 1

I updated "/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf" to the following (change "latest" to "quarterly")

FreeBSD: { url: "https://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly", enabled: yes, priority: 1 }

Then ran: "sudo pkg upgrade -f mongo-c-driver"

Which downgraded libbson back to 1.8.1

The following 2 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be DOWNGRADED:
libbson: 1.23.2 -> 1.8.1 [FreeBSD]

Installed packages to be REINSTALLED:
mongo-c-driver-1.8.1 [udi]

Number of packages to be reinstalled: 1
Number of packages to be downgraded: 1

After that, all services were back.

Edited by shbatm
  • Like 1