Support thread: IoX 5.5.5 Release

Chris Jahn

Upgraded Polisy IoX from 5.5.4 to 5.5.5
Upgrade went smoothly but, I get 5 beeps plus 1 when it finishes.

These reported issues still remain.
ZSE40 ZooZ 4-in-1 Sensor

• Will not complete interview. tried Update with Interview many times and exclude/include. ZooZ states to press z-wave button every 15 seconds for 2 minutes during include, this still didn't help.
  • Temperature will not display in Fahrenheit only Celsius regardless of configuration parameter.

Aeotec ZW078 Heavy Duty Switch

• Temperature is shown in Celsius. I contacted Aeotec and they say that Temperature is not a configurable parameter. For the US it defaults to Fahrenheit.

These reported issues are working now.

ZSE42 ZooZ Water Leak Sensor

• Can Query or Set Configuration Parameters. I believe the ZSE42 is now a done deal.
6 minutes ago, JTsao said:

I updated both Polisy and eISY (not in service yet) and restarted PG3 and PG3x - everything seems OK so far - one thing - the PG3 Node servers page (Polisy) reports ISY version 5.5.3, not 5.5.5

You may have to restart PG3.. Mine shows this..

image.png.52f3937d8385cf7840a2823fe8a721ce.png

1 hour ago, dwengrovitz said:

Upgraded again, and PG3x now seems to start as expected, but the Yolink node server doesn't appear to be operational any more.  It doesn't start, and trying to start or restart it manually just exhibits the message "Node Server Restart: Node server already starting".

That likely means that the node server never stopped when PG3x told it to.  If it's running, you can't start a duplicate.  It also could be confused so the first step would be to do a stop, wait 5-10 seconds and then try starting it.  If that doesn't work, you may have to reboot the eisy.

23 minutes ago, JTsao said:

I updated both Polisy and eISY (not in service yet) and restarted PG3 and PG3x - everything seems OK so far - one thing - the PG3 Node servers page (Polisy) reports ISY version 5.5.3, not 5.5.5

Most likely the browser has the version number cached and it's the browser page that needs refreshing.  

• Like 1

I re-started PG3 2X and rebooted the Polisy - it still indicates "ISY 5.5.3" using two different browsers, but the IoX on both the Polisy and eISY is clearly 5.5.5...

image.png.06b609e4948bac42ca85af477bf46026.png

Thinking about this some more, I had been running 5.5.4 for quite some time, so 5.5.3 wasn't even the version that I was previously running - I guess I didn't pay attention to this until now

Edited by JTsao

Up and running with PG3x. The Hue node server was "disconnected."

Tried several restarts. Ended up deleting and installing again. Had to add the "bridges" custom parameter.

It works but doesn't survive any sort of restart. I have to do everything Hue related again. A reinstallation doesn't work. Only delete and install.

Edit: Also, managed to delete Hue out of all my scenes. Makes sense, but I haven't had this happen before. Hue in programs just had to be clicked on, updated, and saved.

Edited by auger66
1 hour ago, bpwwer said:

That likely means that the node server never stopped when PG3x told it to.  If it's running, you can't start a duplicate.  It also could be confused so the first step would be to do a stop, wait 5-10 seconds and then try starting it.  If that doesn't work, you may have to reboot the eisy.

I tried rebooting the eisy and restarting PG3x multiple times, and no change. 

When trying to stop the YoLink Node Server via the PG3x UI it says:  Node Server Stop: YoLink not running.

When trying to start or restart the YoLink Node Server it says:  Node Server Start:  Node server already starting.

2 hours ago, bpwwer said:

Tried all my tricks but only the YoLink will not start.

Did stop / start.  stop / restart.  Re-install.  unplug EISY again.

All other Node servers came on.  Even my Sonos is back (thank you!).

30 minutes ago, dwengrovitz said:

When trying to stop the YoLink Node Server via the PG3x UI it says:  Node Server Stop: YoLink not running.

When trying to start or restart the YoLink Node Server it says:  Node Server Start:  Node server already starting.

Didn't mention.  Same as above here.  Also cannot get a log to get going for the Yo-Link.

On a very positive note my GE switch with motion is now reporting motion.  Still does not report interview complete after a couple sync-update-interview.  I didn't do a replace.

My zooz 77 's which I have two ; still has one which will not bring in the associations.   I am wondering whether one is behind in its firmware.  They are both in the same gang box but have always seemed to act a bit different.

I am looking forward to doing updates OTA with EISY as I am in an OSX/Linux house and cannot use the regular tools.

My ZSE44 is next but since I need to open it up and hit the button a lot I am scheduling for the weekend.

42 minutes ago, TSinclair said:

Partial success.  Got PG3x node servers connected after upgrade, but not the portal occupancy node server...it says not configured.

any guidance appreciated.

I have this issue and have a ticket open with UDI who said they can not reproduce the problem. When it happens I just have to configure it and upload the node definition and it is good until IoX is restarted. 

13 hours ago, Chris Jahn said:

Hi Brian,

For the parameter values to take effect you have to either power cycle the ZEN17 and the do "Update with Interview", or, remove the ZEN17 and then add it back again.

I also noticed a bug introduced into our code that may affect interviewing a device for a second time if it was included using S2 security (i.e. it may be best to just remove / add it again).

After setting both parameter 2 and 3 to value 11 you should be seeing the additional nodes

I tried this and I do not get any extra nodes.

I am setting parameter 2 and 3 to 10 which is a dry contact sensor.

I powered off/on.

I even excluded/included. Then excluded/included using S2 and still no nodes.

An update with interview afterwards does not help.

I confirm query parameters 2 and 3 are still set to 10.

Something still is not right.

14 hours ago, dwengrovitz said:

It looks like it's getting stuck trying to start the node server.   We were having problems with people pressing the start button multiple times so it call start while it was already trying to start.  So now it aborts any attempt to start the node server if the start process is already running. 

It appears that something is going wrong while trying to start YoLink where it's not starting but also not failing and is stuck in a limbo state.  I'll look into it.