Support thread: IoX 5.5.5 Release

Chris Jahn

16 hours ago, asbril said:

Can someone explain this to me ?

image.png.2687dd5b7b3e32f4d7cf192bce5f2de7.png

Did that window pop up or are you just looking at the menu option and wondering what it does?

In my case, one older ZWave device requires this that does not display a Node status On/Off normally. It is an Everspring ST812 Flood Detector. It had a node named ZY 025 Assoc Only.

What I did was in the Z-Wave Menu, detect button presses Off so doesn't pop up in AC always.

On the device itself I right click the node and select as follows (I renamed the node from original name)

image.png.6e8f0791fe61bc9fa139cf005ae72f10.png

Note that those options only show up for devices that use this method for button, will not appear in regular devices/nodes.

I can then use a program using Control to check that button press, or in my case it is a leak sensor.

Furnace Room Leak Detect - [ID 0056][Parent 0057]

If
        'Furnace Room / Leak Sensor / Furnace Room Leak Sensor' is switched

Then
        Set 'Furnace Room / Watercop' On
        Set 'Notification Controller / Service Pushover Brian' Send Sys Short With Params To all Priority=Emergency Format=None Sound=Pushover (default)

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Leak detect turns on Watercop (shuts off water) and emails.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

@dwengrovitz @sjenkins can one (or both) of you reproduce the error and then PM me a log package for the YoLink node server?

I just installed it and as far as I can tell, it's working fine.  But I can't configure since I don't have anything it would work with.

No log available for the YoLink on its own.  PM'ing you a copy of my general log.  At the bottom will be a restart of the YoLink server.

3 minutes ago, sjenkins said:

No log available for the YoLink on its own.  PM'ing you a copy of my general log.  At the bottom will be a restart of the YoLink server.

Thanks!  I'll take a log a the log.

No log showing for the node server or no log available?  Unfortunately, with PG3x those are no longer the same thing.  With PG3x, it doesn't display the existing entries when you select log, it only shows new entries that happen after you select log.  

So the node server starting log entries may be in the log file, but not displayed, which is why I requested the log package for it.

1 hour ago, bpwwer said:

Thanks!  I'll take a log a the log.

No log showing for the node server or no log available?  Unfortunately, with PG3x those are no longer the same thing.  With PG3x, it doesn't display the existing entries when you select log, it only shows new entries that happen after you select log.  

So the node server starting log entries may be in the log file, but not displayed, which is why I requested the log package for it.

No log available ; I understand not the same thing.  Last log file for the NS ends at point of upgrade.

Not seeing this issue I just ran across after Update Packages to 5.5.5 and now I can't seem to access the UDAC. I got the following:
image.png.220866165e4c458340527d37667db30f.png

So I figure I'll just head over to the UD Site and use the My ISY Link to grab the latest start.jnlp after making sure all the old ones were removed.

No go, I get the same message every time I try to launch the UDAC.

No idea why It what's up with that. That always did the trick in the past when the start.jnlp needed to be updated to connect to newer versions.

Oh and yes that 5.3.0 is the old 994iZW that I'm migrating out and uses it's own version of the start.jnlp on a completely didn't MacPro System so it's NOT any conflict with an older version being present on this Windows 10 system in question. 

Thanks,

TRI0N

Fresh migration configuration for EISY just finished and that went well.  Restored the Polisy PG3 Backup into EISY PG3x, but I had to power cycle the EISY in order to be able to log into PG3x.  Restore PG3x from PG3 went fine.

My ISY configuration is mainly z-wave (lighting, motion, relays) and node servers.  I went through all the devices this morning and here are what I saw as still residual issues.

• AeoTec MultSensor 6 devices are still showing the Centigrade Temperature.  In Polisy they were all showing Fahrenheit which is what the programming is configured on.  Manually setting/changing the parameter 64 did NOT change the displayed temperature to Fahrenheit.
  • Zooz ZEN17 is used as a dry contact sense on S1-C.  
    • There are three nodes installed (same as existed before on Polisy)... Monitor, Monitor S1 and Monitor S2.  
    • For the S1-C Dry Contact, when it was contacted or shorted it would register as "ON" in the S1 Sensor sub-node on the Polisy.  On the EISY there is a only the S1 Binary Switch and S1 - V1 Alarm.  When manually evaluating the dry contact, I could not get a valid dry contact response on the V1 Alarm on EISY 5.5.5
Edited by ISY4Me
10 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Not seeing this issue I just ran across after Update Packages to 5.5.5 and now I can't seem to access the UDAC. I got the following:
image.png.220866165e4c458340527d37667db30f.png

So I figure I'll just head over to the UD Site and use the My ISY Link to grab the latest start.jnlp after making sure all the old ones were removed.

No go, I get the same message every time I try to launch the UDAC.

No idea why It what's up with that. That always did the trick in the past when the start.jnlp needed to be updated to connect to newer versions.

Oh and yes that 5.3.0 is the old 994iZW that I'm migrating out and uses it's own version of the start.jnlp on a completely didn't MacPro System so it's NOT any conflict with an older version being present on this Windows 10 system in question. 

Thanks,

TRI0N

try typing this into your browser, replacing the x's with your isy address. it should download a local JAVA file that should access it. Be sure to clean out your JAVA cache first.

http://x.x.x.x:8080/admin.jnlp 

• Thanks 1

image.png.40283ff9d4595aa9088c8e20a14f6736.png

I excluded and then included again  one of my Zen 34 but I see no difference. I still don't see  any Scene nodes, which I used (before migration) to program this as a virtual 3-way.

Is there anything I can do with these 3 nodes ?

The "interview" never completes with the Zen 34.

ISY-Events-Log.v5.5.5__Fri 2023.02.03 03.04.06 PM.txt

Edited by asbril

Just a note: v 5.5.5 Update effected the Hue Node Servers ability to connect. This was not an issue in previous updates. The press Hue Button and Re-Install also is not working when Hue dropped pulling device information in 5.5.4. This just refuses to connect.

TRI0N

9 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Just a note: v 5.5.5 Update effected the Hue Node Servers ability to connect. This was not an issue in previous updates. The press Hue Button and Re-Install also is not working when Hue dropped pulling device information in 5.5.4. This just refuses to connect.

TRI0N

Mine is working fine, no re-install required after upgrade. Polisy 5.5.5. 

image.jpeg.76182dfe95835a9e8fb4a8e6912bea64.jpeg

Hello. Here for the normal "Z-Wave Devices" check-in / report.
After upgrade to 5.5.5, synchronize with interview and update took a little longer with the August Pro, but in the end I am still stuck with a single non-functional ZY node for August Pro locks (as with all the other "Z-Matter" board + Polisy firmwares), despite (re-)"Interview done".
Creating a ticket now in case that's more appropriate than this forum. (Edit: Ticket # 20545)

Edited by residualimages
Adding ticket number
3 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

Only issue noticed is a mismatch of ISY firmware between IoX and PG3, on Polisy. Doesn't seem to be affecting anything though. Have restarted PG3. No change.

Make sure you refresh the page. Maybe even hard refresh depending on your browser (Chrome (and edge)  is CTRL + F5).

Somebody earlier reported the issue and after removing a node server that wasn't in use something triggered it to match. But I just ran the update (no issues other than restarting Hue node server) and refreshed the page and showed 5.5.5 just fine. 

1 hour ago, TRI0N said:

Just a note: v 5.5.5 Update effected the Hue Node Servers ability to connect.

I did not have this issue. I did need to restart this node server as I couldn't control any hue devices from admin console or UD Mobile, but a simple "restart" of the node server fixed it right away. 

Make sure Admin Console is closed when you work on PG3/PG3x node servers then restart admin console. 

(I'm assuming you mean admin console when you say UDAC. I've not seen others refer to it as that.)

7 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Make sure you refresh the page. Maybe even hard refresh depending on your browser (Chrome (and edge)  is CTRL + F5).

I have the same ?visual only? issue, where PG3 shows 5.5.4, both with hard refresh and/or incognito mode.
Admin Console shows as 5.5.5 successfully.

Note: I have restarted PG3 a grand total of 3 times, if you count the initial Update Packages as #1.
I have not restarted Polisy.

Edited by residualimages
1 hour ago, Geddy said:

Somebody earlier reported the issue and after removing a node server that wasn't in use something triggered it to match. But I just ran the update (no issues other than restarting Hue node server) and refreshed the page and showed 5.5.5 just fine. 

I did not have this issue. I did need to restart this node server as I couldn't control any hue devices from admin console or UD Mobile, but a simple "restart" of the node server fixed it right away. 

Make sure Admin Console is closed when you work on PG3/PG3x node servers then restart admin console. 

(I'm assuming you mean admin console when you say UDAC. I've not seen others refer to it as that.)

I say UDAC to refer to Universal Devices Admin Console so there is no confusion about any other back ends. 

I've tired restart, stop, start, Reboot Polglot 3... Reboot UD eisy... May try some Joboo Vodoo next...  :)

The HUE Hub has been on a static IP for ages so it's not a IP change. The HUE App on my phone is working fine too.

image.thumb.png.869bfb79fb8c7991a1b5e4df30f63fbf.png

Good News is that I have not gone any further than discovering the Hue Lights. I have no programs or scenes that are specifically Hue related yet. So anything can go for options on fixing it. No series loss.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N

5.5.5 is supposed to support the Zooz ZEN34, but I can't get this to work. Removed and re-added it. I get Wall Controller, Wake Up and SC Basic Control, but nothing about the actual switch (on/off or scenes, etc.)

On the other hand, my three ZSE42 leak detectors are now properly seen.

I noticed after the upgrade to 5.5.5 I get the following message on the Unix Console "/etc/rc: WARNING: $ud_pkg_stat_enable is not set properly - see rc.conf(5)."  What should rc.conf look like?  I assume this is a line in rc.conf?  Got any idea why it's throwing this warning?  Other than that, the ELK NS had to be stopped & started for the nodes to populate but then after a reboot from the Unix command prompt it started on it's own the 2nd time.  Other than those couple little quirks everything appears to be ok.

I use and enjoy my ISY 994 and Polisy every day.

Upgrade 5.5.4 to 5.5.5 problems for me

Working well until now - Polisy Pro Zmatter, multi-homed (both ethernet and wifi active)

after upgrade to 5.5.5

Sat Feb  4 06:05:46 EST 2023|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh: starting upg                                           rading polisy ...
UDX_UPGRADE_STATUS: available -> active
sysrc: unknown variable 'pg3x_on_polisy'
Sat Feb  4 06:06:32 EST 2023|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh: upgrading polisy complete ...
UDX_UPGRADE_STATUS: active -> inactive
sysrc: unknown variable 'pg3x_on_polisy'
Sat Feb  4 06:06:35 EST 2023|/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh: need pg3x capabilities to publish mqtt messages ...

Now

SSH works fine and can log onto Polisy

IoX finder sees Polisy on Ethernet but not Wifi (can add manually)

Admin console shows 5.5.5

PG3 web page is available/running but reports version is still 5.5.4

sudo service pg3 restart

Cold boot: no joy

Suggestions?

Edited by whywork
On 1/21/2023 at 8:35 AM, Jimbo.Automates said:

1 hour ago, Mecheng70 said:

Upgraded to 5.5.5.  almost all of my zwave devices are not communicating with the eisy.  

edit: in some cases, the devices are taking over 60 seconds to react. 

@Mecheng70I upgraded last night to 5.5.5 in my eisy with the matter module and I've got ~30 Z-Wave devices that appear to be working although I haven't done a full functional test.  Zooz, Leviton, GE, Kwikset, Aeotech  It took a bit for things to "settle down", the ELK NS couldn't get a connection to the MQTT service after the auto restart after the install but worked on a hard reset from the unix command prompt.  Some of my programs seemed to behave a bit funny but that seems to have caught up with itself and things seem back to normal this morning.

Edited by GJ Software Products

@Mecheng70I wish I knew more about the internals of IoX to recommend anything other than reboot.  Have you tried to reboot the eisy?  When in doubt power out?  Just like riding a wave runner.  Make sure you got a backup.  You might want to open a support ticket...  Good luck!

Edited by GJ Software Products