Support thread: IoX 5.5.5 Release

Chris Jahn

Question.  Chris noted above "Please upgrade packages again, PG3X & PG3 should be working again."

Are both packages required on Polisy or is PG3X only required for eisy?  I'm still having issues, Polisy reports PG3 is up to data but PG3X is not installed.

Cheers,
Ken.

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Question.  Chris noted above "Please upgrade packages again, PG3X & PG3 should be working again."

Are both packages required on Polisy or is PG3X only required for eisy?  I'm still having issues, Polisy reports PG3 is up to data but PG3X is not installed.

Cheers,
Ken.

Where are you finding a post from Chris? The last post I can find from Chris in this thread is from Sunday.

Both are versions for Polyglot. PG3 runs on Polisy and PG3x is for eisy.

• Like 1

If this is simply a library problem that needs to be removed, I'm not sure why it's not released yet?

That just tells me there is more to the problem than a simple library needing removal. No Post Update Either. Remembering why I wanted to automate my property becomes more and more relevant as I walk my property to turn on and off locations that were automated, twice daily for the last week after swapping out all the Insteon Devices to end up completely unfunctional.

I'm hiding how happy I am...

TRI0N

I tried updating my Polisy from 5.5.4 to 5.5.5 via the Admin Console. I heard a bunch of beeps (not sure if 4, since the device is in a different room) shortly after. Now I can no longer access the AC, the ISY Portal shows it as not connected and PG does not seem to be running. I can still SSH in and also PG2 is up and running.

I tried power cycling it a few times and tried what had helped me in the past:

sudo pkg install -r udi pkg
sudo /usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh upgrade.polisy

as well as:
sudo service udx restart

But no luck thus far.

I usually launch the AC uncached/directly, but now I am getting this error:

image.thumb.png.20726995945e6e2e1576399e6f96629c.png

The IoX Finder cannot find the device either.

Any thoughts on how to get this fixed?

Wishful thinking to check for a new update after hearing about some users are using a "minor release" isy-5.5.5_2 while I have isy-5.5.5_1, so I did the Update Packages in the UDAC. Oh Boy!

Now I'm getting this:
image.png.fcc62af709e818f0100e9f2e561bab1b.png

I did the update 2 hours ago... 

PG3x is reporting:
No IoX was automatically discovered on your local network. Please configure it in the IoX menu to proceed.

Oh Boy!

TRI0N

1 hour ago, smileyw said:

I am suspecting there is a bad package or something out there... 

Its kinda bummer since everything in my house is somewhat down at this point and has been for a day.  I have to remember where the light switches are again ;)

Hopefully it is an easy fix.

If you're on a Polisy and know how to ssh into the box, then this worked for me yesterday:

sudo service udx restart

There's an upstream package associated with MongoDB that breaks things, and that has caused this problem for UDI and Polisy/eisy users.

You might start reading at this post for more information: 

2 hours ago, smileyw said:

shbatm's change to the conf file fixed it!

It actually came back online virtually instantly, but I went ahead and rebooted the Polisy anyway once it compelted.

I assume I should just change it back now and not run the update again until this all gets sorted out?

Could you please elaborate how to do this?

(I am still dead in the water with my ISY)

13 minutes ago, waffles said:

Mongo is the problem. With all the Polisys, eisy, PG3, PG3x. I would wait for UD to release a fix. It could make things worse, could make things better. I did some carful backup routines and other stuff before looking at Mongo. Such as making sure I had the latest isy-5.5.5_2 pkg when I had isy-5.5.5_1 installed. That itself caused my eisy to freeze for hours until I issued a reboot and then looked at Mongo.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
53 minutes ago, bgrubb1 said:

any Linux guru out there no the command to downgrade Mongo without editing the script ?

DO AT YOUR OWN RISK
Downgrade -f

sudo pkg upgrade -f mongo-c-driver

After I did several safety measure such as an image snap shot of my eisy to ISO saved to my RedHat Gateway and like I said I also made sure I had the latest isy-5.5.5_2 that caused problems on it's own just doing that. I then performed this step mentioned by shbatm and it did fix EVERYTHING.

eisy
isy-5.5.5_2
pg3x-3.1.22_3
udx-3.3.6

Keep in mind that Linux command line is not for beginners. 

TRI0N

1 hour ago, bgrubb1 said:

any Linux guru out there no the command to downgrade Mongo without editing the script ?

8 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Keep in mind that Linux command line is not for beginners. 

FreeBSD gents, not Linux.  Lots of similarities, lots of differences.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Bumbershoot said:

FreeBSD gents, not Linux.  Lots of similarities, lots of differences.  

Yeah that's REAL important. Should have gone a step further and explain that both Linux and FreeBSD are just a UNIX Flavor because that would no doubt fix all these problems clients are having. I've been doing it wrong, all along...

TRI0N

27 minutes ago, TRI0N said:

Yeah that's REAL important.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but when you start working with libraries, package managers, file layouts, etc., it can be, and some of the solutions in this thread are wandering into that territory.  But for the most part, it doesn't practically matter.

18 hours ago, waffles said:

specifically this

"

I updated "/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf" to the following (change "latest" to "quarterly")

FreeBSD: { url: "https://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly", enabled: yes, priority: 1 }

Then ran: "sudo pkg upgrade -f mongo-c-driver"

40 minutes ago, smileyw said:

specifically this

"

I updated "/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf" to the following (change "latest" to "quarterly")

FreeBSD: { url: "https://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly", enabled: yes, priority: 1 }

Then ran: "sudo pkg upgrade -f mongo-c-driver"

Thank you @smileyw; I found the file and changed it via VI and ran the command. I did a reboot afterwards, but I still cannot connect to the AC and the UDI Portal shows my Polisy as offline.

I am not quite sure how to understand the system message from the upgrade attempt. Did it actually work?

2023-02-12_16h37_20.png.306afe9daf84ac4567004112b7a6237b.png

Edited by waffles
1 hour ago, waffles said:

Thank you @smileyw; I found the file and changed it via VI and ran the command. I did a reboot afterwards, but I still cannot connect to the AC and the UDI Portal shows my Polisy as offline.

I am not quite sure how to understand the system message from the upgrade attempt. Did it actually work?

2023-02-12_16h37_20.png.306afe9daf84ac4567004112b7a6237b.png

maybe because you typed mongo-cdriver instead of mongo-c-driver ?

Edited by brians
  • Like 1