Support thread: IoX 5.5.6 Release

Chris Jahn

Temperature F/C

When a Z-Wave device is added, it will use either F or C based on the configured measurement system

You can change to F/C for a Z-Wave device at any time by doing the following:

• Set the desired measurement system (Admin Console Configuration Tab)
  • right+click Z-Wave | Synchronize | Update
  • Query the device
Edited by Chris Jahn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Geddy The system has been up ~ 20 minutes. I can get into the Admin Console and everything looks normal.

I can get to P2G on Polisy and everything looks normal. 

I noticed the problem when asking Alexa to turn-on a PG3 LiFX NS controlled lamp and getting no response.

I cannot access the PG3 web page

Running "Top" from an ssh session doesn't show a polyglot-v3 process running

Edited by gviliunas

@gviliunas Power cycle the polisy/eisy. 

I just ran the update to get a feel for what happened. I had similar issue that could get into admin console without issue and PG3x (eisy) wouldn't load. Shut down (6 button presses for the eisy), pulled power, waited a few seconds, plugged in. 

All works fine.

@DennisC - I can confirm that I have 4 node servers running and all came up running/connected after reboot. I know you were asking on another thread specifically to multiple node servers coming back up correctly. They appear to be fine.

1 minute ago, Geddy said:

@gviliunas Power cycle the polisy/eisy. 

I just ran the update to get a feel for what happened. I had similar issue that could get into admin console without issue and PG3x (eisy) wouldn't load. Shut down (6 button presses for the eisy), pulled power, waited a few seconds, plugged in. 

All works fine.

@DennisC - I can confirm that I have 4 node servers running and all came up running/connected after reboot. I know you were asking on another thread specifically to multiple node servers coming back up correctly. They appear to be fine.

Thank you. Yes, I did the update and all node servers are running. I am having trouble getting Weatherflow node server to populate the admin console. I see it is running and in the node server log I see data being sent, but no luck so far.

• Like 1

It's been several hours since I did the upgrade to v5.5.6. I have been alternating trying to restart PG3x, rebooting eisy, and/or upgrading packages. While my firmware and UI is at v5.5.6, I can not get Weatherflow Node Server to update the admin console with Tempest Data. The forecast data shows up, as does wind and pressure. All other values for my Tempest read 0.

I have confirmed the station number has not changed. After every reboot (waiting about 15 minutes) I have to query all the node servers.

Every so often, after rebooting, I receive a message when logging in to admin console per the below screenshot:

image.png.f1fe05dc686c37537a5cc52959d60d92.png

I try to update, the admin console closes, but there is no pending update.

Still no luck getting Weatherflow data to populate.

One other thing, in the admin console, Weatherflow is shown as on line and last seen 1676317868 seconds ago.

Edited by DennisC
Added data

@DennisC- if you are still stuck, I would suggest opening a ticket.  I had a similar problem as you, was receiving this error message in the logs: pkg pg3 must be upgraded to 3.1.17_1 , and it did not load.

There is mechanism to force the upgrade if you are comfortable with ssh into polisy or eisy, but my directions may be a little old.

Not sure if the 6 button press above would also achieve the same.

Steve

Edited by SteveT
1 minute ago, SteveT said:

@DennisC- if you are still stuck, I would suggest opening a ticket.  I had a similar problem as you, was receiving this error message in the logs: pkg pg3 must be upgraded to 3.1.17_1 , and it did not load.

There is mechanism to force the upgrade if you are comfortable with ssh into polisy or eisy, but my directions may be a little old.

Not sure if the 6 button press above would also achieve the same.

Steve

I am comfortable with ssh and I already opened a support ticket. 

I'm on PG3x v3.1.22.

Thanks

When I accessed my eisy I got a popup window saying the eisy was being updated, then everything locked up. I was unable to close any windows. After waiting for a while, I shut down java and then reopened the IoX Launcher. I then did a "update packages".  Now when I open the IoX Launcher the eisy is no longer there. I tried a reboot and a factory reset to no avail.  When I try to manually add the eisy to the Launcher I get a not found message.  Any suggestions?

22 minutes ago, Techman said:

When I accessed my eisy I got a popup window saying the eisy was being updated

I understand this was to be a warning that the update is still in process. I've never personally seen it so haven't experienced that or any lockup.

Depending on how long it had been since the initial pushing of the button it could have interrupted the process. 

I would suggest pressing the eisy power button once (this is the update process using the "multi function button"). Give it "a while". I know I gave it over 15 minutes on my attempted update.

Then part of the process is to reboot the device. I'm not one to randomly pull the power so I press the multi function button 6 times to shut it down. Once the power light was red I pulled the power. Waited ~10 seconds and plugged it back in. 

For my update I was able to access admin console again, but PG3x was not loading so did power cycle the eisy. It then ran (and continues to run) perfectly.

NOTE: Since I was able to get into Admin Console, @Michel Kohanim does confirm the "reboot" option on Configuration tab is the same as a power cycle (for those that have the eisy (or polisy) in hard to reach locations). 

• Like 1

I updated my Polisy. After the update Polisy did not reboot, PG3 was loading but showed incorrect version of ISY so I restarted PG3 and still does not start. I rebooted Polisy three times so far and still PG3 not working. I can get into AC and PG2.

So what I did is ran the update from ssh..

/usr/local/etc/udx.d/static/udxops.sh upgrade.polisy 

Which fixed it, I notcied it downloaded pg3:3.1.17_1

The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
        pg3: 3.1.17 -> 3.1.17_1 [udi]

Number of packages to be upgraded: 1

12 MiB to be downloaded.
[1/1] Fetching pg3-3.1.17_1.pkg: .......... done
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
[1/1] Upgrading pg3 from 3.1.17 to 3.1.17_1...

And as I was monitoring its progress in shell and was done, I refreshed PG3 web page and is working now.

Not sure why wasn't done/updated when pressing update packages.

UD really needs to fix this update process.

Update from AC.

Took about 3minutes for the 4+1 beeps. Rebooted Polisy from AC. ISY started fine, PG3 was DOA. Ran the update script via SSH as documented by @brians in the post above this one and PG3 updated to 3.1.17_1 as expected. Tried PG3 again and it works, however this update once again killed the LifX NS. I will open a ticket about it this time.

Here's the LifX NS fix for both Polysi and eisy

Polisy

sudo -u polyglot bash
pip3 uninstall bitstring
pip3 uninstall --prefix /var/polyglot/.local bitstring
pip3 install --prefix /var/polyglot/.local bitstring==3.1.9

eisy

sudo -u polyglot bash
pip3 uninstall bitstring
pip3 uninstall --prefix /var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026038_7/.local bitstring
pip3 install --prefix /var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026038_7/.local bitstring==3.1.9
Edited by kzboray
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, auger66 said:

Oddly, this is the first IoX version on eisy that started right back up for me after the upgrade. All previous versions required a restart, repower, or something. Weird.

On my Polisy it did just that, but I noticed that PG3 was saying that was reporting older ISY v5.5.5 so usually restarting PG3 fixes, that is when it failed for me.

@Chris Jahn, my GoControl garage door openers are now operating normally and reporting status.  All other Z-Wave devices are operating correctly as well, as far as I have tested.  I didn't migrate, however.  I excluded on my Polisy and included them on my eisy.  My Z-Wave network isn't all that extensive.

• Like 1