Support thread: IoX 5.5.7 Release

Chris Jahn

On 2/5/2023 at 4:33 PM, brians said:

I am scared to exclude it now LOL thinking it may not come back.... gonna try though now and see...

EDIT... exclude/include worked. Just have to set param10/11 to 0 to isolate inputs from relays which is normal by design. So in my case definitely needs S2 which is strange, I normally unselect all because it is easier!

50 minutes ago, Geddy said:

No issues here. Email notifications still working as expected. Just ran a few that are triggered by programs and they spun out an email just fine. 

What are you using for email server settings? 

@GeddyI'm using a twc e-mail server, same that I've used for years with my 994i and what is really strange is that as soon as I upgraded to 5.5.7 it looks like all the customization's of my notifications got corrupted.  The only way I'm getting them to work is creating new one's in their entirety then they work fine.  

1 hour ago, GJ Software Products said:

as soon as I upgraded to 5.5.7 it looks like all the customization's of my notifications got corrupted.  The only way I'm getting them to work is creating new one's in their entirety then they work fine

Seems like you should submit a support ticket to get assistance. It might be a bug and UDI needs to review what happened. 

1 hour ago, GJ Software Products said:

@GeddyI'm using a twc e-mail server, same that I've used for years with my 994i and what is really strange is that as soon as I upgraded to 5.5.7 it looks like all the customization's of my notifications got corrupted.  The only way I'm getting them to work is creating new one's in their entirety then they work fine.  

What if you  got to change edit and save ? Is it the programs or notifications themselves ?

On 2/20/2023 at 6:07 PM, Geddy said:

What do you mean? What's showing "undefined"? Where? 

Will you provide screen shots showing what you are talking about? 

It's possible you need to reboot again so that everything comes up correctly. Don't try to access Admin Console or PG3x Dashboard too soon after powering on the eisy as there are a lot of processes running.

Have you attempted to re-install the node servers? Go to the "purchases" area and try "(Re)Install" on node servers that you're having issues with.

image.png

@GeddyUpon clicking “ISYs”->”Auto-Discover ISYs” it produces the following:image.thumb.png.84f13a89974ca3eebf807f52c5d25983.png

Everything seems to be working fine now for programs and any dependencies to node servers - just didn’t know if it’s a bug that will produce issues/errors in future?

Edited by JBlake01
On 2/20/2023 at 5:27 PM, brians said:

What if you  got to change edit and save ? Is it the programs or notifications themselves ?

@brians @GeddyEdit, change, and save didn't help, nor copy change, and save.  I cleared the from field and that fixed all but the one's in index 1 and 2 positions.  Those I just recreated from scratch & they worked.  I got another problem that may possibily be due to a scrambled database and I'll post that in a bit...

16 hours ago, GJ Software Products said:

Fixed it in all but 2 by removing/clearing the from field.

Are you adding a "FROM" in each custom notification?

In this:

image.png

Why not just omit it and it will use the default that is setup in the Settings/Groups tab? That is just another place to have issues, sure it might have worked for you before, but could also have not been working and you never received the notifications so you didn't know it wasn't working. I guess it could have thrown up an issue if you had admin console open or an error in the error log, but I've normally seen people comment about leaving that out in the individual custom notification window. 

Seems very strange to impact something in those settings/customizations with this update. I would think that area had worked fine for so long that it wouldn't have been what caused you issues. 

7 hours ago, Geddy said:

Are you adding a "FROM" in each custom notification?

In this:

image.png

Why not just omit it and it will use the default that is setup in the Settings/Groups tab? That is just another place to have issues, sure it might have worked for you before, but could also have not been working and you never received the notifications so you didn't know it wasn't working. I guess it could have thrown up an issue if you had admin console open or an error in the error log, but I've normally seen people comment about leaving that out in the individual custom notification window. 

Seems very strange to impact something in those settings/customizations with this update. I would think that area had worked fine for so long that it wouldn't have been what caused you issues. 

@GeddyYea very strange but omitting any text in the From field fixed the problem with all but the first two rows.  It's working fine now.  Another strange issue appeared with a HomeSeer FLS100 Flood Light Motion Sensor & Switch one that worked like a champ out of the 2 on my Z-Wave network started acting up after the upgrade to 5.5.7, I thought it went back to norm after Sync w/ Interview, Heal, and just verifying (query) Parameter values, it behaved for a bit but started acting up at 1:30 AM.  I'm still stepping through that one.  I don't know if something happened to theconfig when I went to 5.5.7 but I hadn't changed anything.Gremlins?

On 2/18/2023 at 10:34 AM, tlightne said:

Upgrade to 5.5.7 Brought me nothing new. Open closed Sensors no change still report on and off not open close at least they are reporting.

I have lost one of my Quickset 916 Locks. When I did an update no change when I did an update with interview is removed the only working nodes and added Entry Control Node. So I did an exclude and include the only node it loaded was Entry Control which is a blank node.  On teh two remaining Quickset locks that remain Lock Access Control does not update. This worked in 5.5.5.

First alert Smoke Combo will not include.  

First Alert Smoke reports numbers not text. 

Guess I will wait another week and see if it is my turn in the Que....

@tlightneI got a Kwikset 914 that I put a Z-Wave+ (500 I think) card in and it's working with 5.5.7 

Anyone else see issues like this.

I have Yale Assure locks with Z-Matter board.  I was on 5.5.7 with zooz and this was not an issue.  So its actually z-matter with 5.5.7 thats causing it.

Lock locks fine within seconds.

Manual lock sends instant status

Lock from admin console locks instantly but status takes 6-10 seconds (Sometimes longer but thats rare)

That would be fine except when you lock with Alexa it checks again in 5 seconds so its like this

Me- "Alexa Lock Front Door"

Alexa-  "Locking hang on...."

Alexa waits 5 seconds

Alexa should say "The front door is locked"

Alexa says "The front door is unlocked"

BUT ITS LOCKED.

So I do it again and it says locked.  The issue is the stays us coming in 1-5 seconds after she checks so when I say it again status is already updated.

***Note I have shown this to Chris and he has looked at it happen via screenshare.  Just looking for others who might have the issue.

1 hour ago, macjeff said:

Alexa waits 5 seconds

BUT ITS LOCKED.

I have three of the Yale YRD 120 zwave. Just tested to be sure, but they work as expected with Alexa replying “the front door is locked”

The only thing that has changed since all the updates / conversion to zmatter is that i have lost the ability to put  a schedule on the users. That option has disappeared in the AC

I used this feature with service people to ensure they only can get in when i allow it ie garbage collection in the garage on tuesday mornings. 

@Chris Jahn any thoughts on this missing component in the AC? Thaniks

31 minutes ago, dbwarner5 said:

I have three of the Yale YRD 120 zwave. Just tested to be sure, but they work as expected with Alexa replying “the front door is locked”

The only thing that has changed since all the updates / conversion to zmatter is that i have lost the ability to put  a schedule on the users. That option has disappeared in the AC

I used this feature with service people to ensure they only can get in when i allow it ie garbage collection in the garage on tuesday mornings. 

Mine is  YRD446-ZW2-605 and I have 5 of them

The 446 is the lock and the 605 is the zw module

and it does the same on all 5 locks so its not a lock issue.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, dinostop said:

@macjeffcouple questions, does your lock support auto unlock feature?  Also on your ISY do you see both the lock node and the access control node to see which user locked or unlocked the door?

Yes and yes.  The Access Control node seems to show the last activity.  Like my front door was last unlocked by me and it says Manual Unlock.  And the ISY last locked the Basement Lock and it says RF Lock.

I just locked it with ISY and watched it lock and this one was bad. Took about 45 seconds to change to locked in ISY even though it locked it.

Again this all worked perfect with ZOOZ module on 5.5.7.  I converted to the Zooz to Z-wave.  I also re-interviewed the devices and UDI did a remote session and took logs.

At least it works and shows status.  Just not fast enough on the status part

4 hours ago, macjeff said:

Anyone else see issues like this.

I have Yale Assure locks with Z-Matter board.  I was on 5.5.7 with zooz and this was not an issue.  So its actually z-matter with 5.5.7 thats causing it.

Lock locks fine within seconds.

Manual lock sends instant status

Lock from admin console locks instantly but status takes 6-10 seconds (Sometimes longer but thats rare)

That would be fine except when you lock with Alexa it checks again in 5 seconds so its like this

Alexa waits 5 seconds

BUT ITS LOCKED.

So I do it again and it says locked.  The issue is the stays us coming in 1-5 seconds after she checks so when I say it again status is already updated.

***Note I have shown this to Chris and he has looked at it happen via screenshare.  Just looking for others who might have the issue.

I never had this issue but I don't use Alexa.

However I did some testing using AC to lock/unlock mine and was pretty fast response, but after about half dozen repeats the lock started appearing sluggish and similar to how you described and took forever to update its status. Restarting IoX resolved the issue. 

Try restarting IoX and see if that temporarily fixes.

3 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

I never used this feature before and didn't realize it was there, but not I have a home care worker coming for mother in-law so would be nice to restrict that user to certain hours/days.

How did the old way do this? I see a button set time, but it gives an error when I click.

21 minutes ago, dinostop said:

@macjeff I am looking at replacing my older locks which is why I asked about the auto unlock feature.  Just to make sure I am clear on that, you are able to walk up to your door and it will unlock without having to enter a code correct?  That is typically done through bluetooth.

yes with what they call digital keys you can get through the Yale app which I used at the beginning but have not touched since going to Z wave in the ISY

16 minutes ago, brians said:

However I did some testing using AC to lock/unlock mine and was pretty fast response, but after about half dozen repeats the lock started appearing sluggish and similar to how you described and took forever to update its status. Restarting IoX resolved the issue. 

actually the other day I rebooted it and come to think of it it was better after that has gotten worse but it was never perfect

@macjeff sorry about bugging you again with these questions, so you don't have to get your phone out of your pocket or anything for it to unlock?  From what I can find on reviews it reads as if you still need to do something with your phone to get the door to unlock.  I am hoping to find a lock that as I walk up to it the lock unlocks but also have zwave for my isy.

Just now, dinostop said:

@macjeff sorry about bugging you again with these questions, so you don't have to get your phone out of your pocket or anything for it to unlock?  From what I can find on reviews it reads as if you still need to do something with your phone to get the door to unlock.  I am hoping to find a lock that as I walk up to it the lock unlocks but also have zwave for my isy.

I really dont know because I have not tried in years but this is an OLD lock- at least 5 years.  You can still buy it but they dont make it anymore.

42 minutes ago, brians said:

I never used this feature before and didn't realize it was there, but not I have a home care worker coming for mother in-law so would be nice to restrict that user to certain hours/days.

How did the old way do this? I see a button set time, but it gives an error when I click.

If if remember correctly, there was only one node, not the three that are there now.image.jpeg.3f6fb6f0cf64f222249bb442303e5609.jpeg

And if you click on users, a four box dialogue would open: Set User, Set Time, Set Schedule and Enable Schedule. 

You could then set the day, hour period for any user, the time, and enable or disable the schedule. 

54 minutes ago, brians said:

You might be onto something.  I tried healing network and 4 devices failed after it had to retry 1/2 of them at least once.  Tried again and different ones failed.

Rebooted and healed fine with no retries.  Tried the locks and they all worked perfectly the first time.  After that the status started getting slower each time I locked and unlocked.

Oh and when I rebooted I had the admin console open.  The locks all showed no status.  Slowly they all came in one at time within a minute (And I was not doing a query on restart)

I will update my ticket with this post

• Like 1

ZMATTER Board - Polisy IoX 5.5.7

ZWave End points not working properly

ZCombo - First Alert Fire Alarm Combo Carbon Monoxide - V1 - Cant query device

Aerotec 5 - Hidden door sensor - can't query device on wake

Ecolink Zwave Plus Flood & Freeze Sensor, White (FLF-ZWAVE5-ECO) - Can't query device

tried compatibility mode - same resulte

Please assist in configuration setup with Zmatter board in Polisy IoX