Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)

Athlon

I have added both  a 2867-222 Alert Module Cat.07, Sub Cat.1A and a 2868-222 Cat.07, Sub Cat 1E. To my 5.0.16.

I looked a few times {maybe too early in the morning}   and both are not in the drop down list but both added fine. I used the Auto Discover choice with the six digit Insteon ID.

Just tried the Start Linking choice for the Siren Module. It also worked. Only thing was the link progress screen was in the way for hitting the Finish Button. Had to drag the link progress screen down to get to the Finished Button.

Are you sure your Firmware and UI are both listed as 5.0.16 in the Help, About Menu?

Did you clear your Java Cache after the update?

Are you using the ISY Launcher to access your ISY994i?

Double check the 6 digit ID on the module. Sometimes some characters are misread.

Try the module in a different location on the off chance there is a communications issue with its present location.

Edited by Brian H
Add Information
  • Like 1

Thanks Brian,

My Firmware and UI are both listed as 5.0.16.  I cleared the Java Cache after the update, and again.  I launch the ISY finder from the desktop icon and launch the Admin console from there.  I verified the 6 digit ID (tried two of them, both have version 4.0 firmware), tried different locations.  Tried with linking and without.  I select Link Management, New Insteon Device, Auto Discover, with and without the ID, still cannot get to work.  Tried rebooting computer and repeating, still cannot get to link.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

I was finally able to get the Siren to work by using the Start Linking under Link Management (which you mentioned above and I forgot about that function, its been a while), and I assumed you meant to start linking from the module and then use the Add Insteon Device option).

Thanks Brian!

Glad you got it added.

Firmware 4.0 in the Sirens? Maybe you are seeing the hardware revision 4.0 and date code on the back label. That is what is on mine also.  The firmware is listed in the modules list.

Mine from the early days of them being sold. Is v45 and slightly newer v46.

Edited by Brian H

After upgrading from the last stable 4.x version to this, I was hoping that the Zwave support would be better (had some devices which had nodes which wouldn't show up) but instead I find that most of my battery operated sensors (Aeotec recessed door sensors) now rarely works. It will join all right and it works for what seems for 24hrs but then I keep getting errors from ISY saying that it cannot query the sensors (well, duh, it's battery operated so dead until door opens/closes).

Anyone else experienced this with 5.0.16RC1 and battery operated devices (especially aeotec recessed door sensor gen 5).

54 minutes ago, MrWorf said:

After upgrading from the last stable 4.x version to this, I was hoping that the Zwave support would be better (had some devices which had nodes which wouldn't show up) but instead I find that most of my battery operated sensors (Aeotec recessed door sensors) now rarely works. It will join all right and it works for what seems for 24hrs but then I keep getting errors from ISY saying that it cannot query the sensors (well, duh, it's battery operated so dead until door opens/closes).

Anyone else experienced this with 5.0.16RC1 and battery operated devices (especially aeotec recessed door sensor gen 5).

Take a look at this troubleshooting link  https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=INSTEON:_Troubleshooting_Z-Wave_Communications_Errors

The Aeotec Gen 5 recessed door sensors have been tested by Aeotec and confirmed that they are compatible with the ISY. You'll probably have to put them in the linking mode then do a Zwave heal.

7 hours ago, MrWorf said:

What repeating devices are you using, how many, and location in relation to your sensors? Generally getting a lot of the errors you are receiving happens with a weak zwave network. 

I'm using the latest firmware with aeotec, fibaro, some, and Yale devices without issues so on the surface, the isy does work without issue with zwave products. 

I was running 5.0.16 with minor problems (lost all programs and had to recreate) but console, portal, MobiLinc all worked OK.  Just saw the 5.0.16A announcement and tried to login to my current system via jnlp admin but it wouldn't accept my user/password.  Was able to get in via my.isy.io but essentially everything is gone.  A couple of scene names remain but almost all devices are gone.  MobilLinc sees no devices.  Have rebooted the ISY 994i (IR and Z-wave) but no luck. Everything was fine a few hours ago.  I did not manually initiate anything, but  Config is set to auto upgrade firmware. 

Any ideas?

Thanks for that info.  It helped me determine the actual cause quicker.  It appears to have been an ISY failure, perhaps due to a power hit or something.  I was able to get in via an alternate Admin access and restore from a backup.  It was simply a coincidence that 16A was released just as I had a failure.  I would have tried a backup sooner, but I wasn't able to get admin access until I tried the original default.  I thought I had disabled it. Your comments pointed me in the right direction.

BTW, thanks for the constructive reply.  I was a bit concerned that the newbie "badge of honor" would dissuade assistance.  I've actually had the 994 for about 7 years and my automation experience goes back to when X-10 was BSR (early 80's). I just don't post much to forums, but usually debug it on my own.  Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

One possible failure is the 2413S PLM. It has a reputation of failing with a bad power supply. The latest V2.5 do have improvements in them that may make them more reliable. One symptom was link database was empty or very few entries. Restore would fix for awhile or it may have just been as you suspected a power glitch scrambled something.

1 hour ago, Brian H said:

One possible failure is the 2413S PLM. It has a reputation of failing with a bad power supply. The latest V2.5 do have improvements in them that may make them more reliable. One symptom was link database was empty or very few entries. Restore would fix for awhile or it may have just been as you suspected a power glitch scrambled something.

@RandyJS

No doubt a dying PLM will lose all its links and can sometimes be temporarily brought back to life by a restore PLM, I have had those exact experiences.  But that didn't affect anything in ISY itself.  All the devices, scenes, programs, etc were still there, they just would fail to actually control any Insteon devices since the PLM wouldn't send out the signal.  So I think something is different here.  Perhaps the SD card in his ISY is failing?  I don't recall anyone on this forum posting anything quite like this before.  If it happens again, I would think about a new SD card.

Was on 5.0.16.  All was well.  Upgraded to 5.0.16A.  All 6 insteon leak sensors not working (2852-222, mostly 4.43).  All 6 heartbeat programs notified me last night that no signal registered.  In testing today, all links are intact.  The admin console for all 3 nodes (wet, dry, heartbeat)  remains blank for all sensors.  Tapping the set button does register with ISY as seen in the event viewer, but admin console does not change.  Shorting the electrodes (in water) does again register in ISY, but nodes do not change in console; remain blank.  Programs written to act on the wet node activation are not firing.  Downgraded back to 5.0.16, and all again working properly.  Anyone else seeing this?

1 hour ago, kstock said:

Was on 5.0.16.  All was well.  Upgraded to 5.0.16A.  All 6 insteon leak sensors not working (2852-222, mostly 4.43).  All 6 heartbeat programs notified me last night that no signal registered.  In testing today, all links are intact.  The admin console for all 3 nodes (wet, dry, heartbeat)  remains blank for all sensors.  Tapping the set button does register with ISY as seen in the event viewer, but admin console does not change.  Shorting the electrodes (in water) does again register in ISY, but nodes do not change in console; remain blank.  Programs written to act on the wet node activation are not firing.  Downgraded back to 5.0.16, and all again working properly.  Anyone else seeing this?

Good catch.  I just got my email notification that all my leak sensors had a missed heartbeat, and likewise, all the values for leak sensors in the AC are blank.  I'm running this set of programs:

I just re-ran the "then" stanza of the "Leak Startup" program in case it didn't get started properly on startup.  I'll be out of town for a couple of days, so we'll see what it looks like when I return.  Fortunately, then house will be occupied.

7 hours ago, kstock said:

Was on 5.0.16.  All was well.  Upgraded to 5.0.16A.  All 6 insteon leak sensors not working (2852-222, mostly 4.43).  All 6 heartbeat programs notified me last night that no signal registered. ...

Hi kstock,

From a browser, can you please do the following for one of you leak sensors and send me the output.

http://<isyAddress>/rest/nodes/<leakSensorAddress>

(e.g. http://192.168.0.11/rest/nodes/6 3B 8A 1)

51 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

Hi kstock,

From a browser, can you please do the following for one of you leak sensors and send me the output.

http://<isyAddress>/rest/nodes/<leakSensorAddress>

(e.g. http://192.168.0.11/rest/nodes/6 3B 8A 1)

Hi Chris,

I'm running 5.0.16A.

All my leak sensors have also failed.

No device status is shown in the admin console. Heartbeat, wet, or dry not recognized in the ISY status windows. Attached is a print out from one of the sensors

Print out.JPG

Edited by Techman

@Chris Jahnsame failure with leak sensors.  Here's some data for you.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<nodeInfo>
    <node flag="128" nodeDefId="BinaryAlarm_ADV">
        <address>4E 29 71 1</address>
        <name>Kitchen Leak Sensor-Dry</name>
        <parent type="3">1964</parent>
        <type>16.8.68.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <startDelay>0</startDelay>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <pnode>4E 29 71 1</pnode>
        <ELK_ID>H02</ELK_ID>
        <property id="ST" value="" formatted=" " uom="0" />
    </node>
    <properties>
    </properties>
</nodeInfo>

<node flag="0" nodeDefId="BinaryAlarm_ADV">
        <address>4E 29 71 2</address>
        <name>Kitchen Leak Sensor-Wet</name>
        <parent type="1">4E 29 71 1</parent>
        <type>16.8.68.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <ELK_ID>H03</ELK_ID>
    </node>

<node flag="0" nodeDefId="BinaryAlarm_ADV">
        <address>4E 29 71 4</address>
        <name>Kitchen Leak Sensor-Heartbeat</name>
        <parent type="1">4E 29 71 1</parent>
        <type>16.8.68.0</type>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <wattage>0</wattage>
        <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
        <endDelay>0</endDelay>
        <ELK_ID>H04</ELK_ID>
    </node>

New Issue:

I just experienced another odd behavior (5.0.16 RC).

I use conditionals on program folders to control some activities. I just realized that a rather complex conditional was showing as TRUE, which made no sense (unless I programmed it wrong). So, I copied the folder using export/import from clipboard functionality. The copy of the folder's icon shows as RED, which is correct. The original showed as GREEN. The logic was untouched after the export/import was performed.

I tried to reproduce this issue with a different folder and had no issue. I modified the conditional logic and the folder flipped from GREEN to RED as expected.

Prior Issue:

Going back to the REST issue I posted the other day, I only see that error on one of my two ISY's. The one in Maine does not exhibit the following. Only the one in Florida does. I'm re-sharing the image for reference purposes.

image.png.82fa753b0144d99c7688756412734484.png

Edited by oh2bnMaine