IoX Finder: Always have to type address in manually

jhoulihan

@jhoulihan, not a complete solution, but you could hit save your configuration to a desktop file. 

You will need to manually enter your address (again) so the IOX finder sees the ISY.  The simply press "save" and put the file in a convenient location.  You can leave the default name or create something new that you'll remember.

The next time the IOX finder "forgets" the address, simply load the file from the desktop.

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/39489-iox-finder-not-found/?do=findComment&comment=354467

On 12/25/2023 at 12:34 PM, carealtor said:

but still ALWAYS says "not found".

When was the last time you cleared Java cache by checking all 3 boxes, then deleting files in Java configuration, and then downloaded a new start.jnlp from UD?

Not too long ago, there was a change made that resulted in not found appearing. The correction for this was a new download of an updated start.jnlp.

13 hours ago, DennisC said:

When was the last time you cleared Java cache by checking all 3 boxes, then deleting files in Java configuration, and then downloaded a new start.jnlp from UD?

Not too long ago, there was a change made that resulted in not found appearing. The correction for this was a new download of an updated start.jnlp.

I've certainly done it many times when there is an update.  I couldn't tell you exactly when I last did it, but within the last few months for sure.

5 hours ago, carealtor said:

I've certainly done it many times when there is an update.  I couldn't tell you exactly when I last did it, but within the last few months for sure.

If the last time was more than about 6 weeks ago, it is worth trying again. The specific issue you are having was corrected for alot of us by a new start.jnlp after deleting Java cache.

• Thanks 1