Alexa routines not working - Fix made

Alexa routines triggered by Alexa contact sensors sometimes would stop working.

I have investigated this in great details and found a case where it may stop working.

I just made a fix to this. At this time, it should be working for everyone. Time will tell if the fix is successful.

Please let me know if it stops working for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I just noticed the routines that controls my vertical blinds has stopped working today. The trigger device, created in the portal from a variable functions properly by closing and opening in the Alexa app. It does not however trigger the routine to run.

The routine functions properly when played from the Alexa app.

Another call to Amazon. This keeps repeating about every 8 months. Maybe it's the Amazon servers that serve my area.

Fortunately I'm using the audio player that replaced all the voice routines. 

My Alexa routines triggered by a contact sensor variable stopped working yesterday.  The Alexa routines work when played from the Alexa app.  I have tried changing the contact sensor to a motion sensor and having Alexa re-discover it, but that did not fix the problem.  Is there a workaround to this issue?

mine have been random AF for several weeks....i assumed it was Amazon...all mine do is trigger voice .

IE.."someone has tripped the driveway sensor"

thanks for all the effort!

I am currently also experiencing failure of EISY variables to trigger Alexa routines. It appears you are still addressing this.

But I am also having email notification issues since last night (240501). Programs appear to be triggering the emails but they do not arrive. Sending a test email appears to execute but email does not arrive. Is this a related portal issue? 

3 hours ago, JerryR said:

I am currently also experiencing failure of EISY variables to trigger Alexa routines. It appears you are still addressing this.

But I am also having email notification issues since last night (240501). Programs appear to be triggering the emails but they do not arrive. Sending a test email appears to execute but email does not arrive. Is this a related portal issue? 

Portal is not involved with sending emails.

Alexa routines should be working. Try to recreate the routine.

6 minutes ago, EJones01 said:

Not working for me yet? Is there anything we need to do, new software?, Log in somewhere again?

Try to recreate your routine.

Test if you can login with the Admin console through portal, or using UDM remotely (not locally).

No, unfortunately not working for me. I can see the variable opening and closing the contact device in Alexa, but none of my routines that use them as the 'when' ,including newly created work.

Does UDM or AC work remotely?

Is this a 994?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Just to add myself to the pool here.  Contact sensors not triggering Alexa routines for me either.  Been out for maybe about a week (Not sure exactly when it stopped working).

I see the correct contact state in the Alexa app and it changes in nearly real time.  I don't believe this is a UDI skill or portal problem at this point.  Looks like Amazon just broke their stuff.  Probably happened around the time they added the floor plan smart home feature. 

HMMM - I set up a floor plan to play with in the Alexa app maybe around the time the routines stopped triggering.  Anyone else or is that  just coincidence?

-Xathros

38 minutes ago, Xathros said:

Hi All,

Just to add myself to the pool here.  Contact sensors not triggering Alexa routines for me either.  Been out for maybe about a week (Not sure exactly when it stopped working).

I see the correct contact state in the Alexa app and it changes in nearly real time.  I don't believe this is a UDI skill or portal problem at this point.  Looks like Amazon just broke their stuff.  Probably happened around the time they added the floor plan smart home feature. 

HMMM - I set up a floor plan to play with in the Alexa app maybe around the time the routines stopped triggering.  Anyone else or is that  just coincidence?

-Xathros

Yeah, about a week for me too. I haven't touched the floor plan stuff though.

Mine still are not working.  The open/close sensor status updates correctly in UD mobile, AC and the Alexa app itself but will not trigger the corresponding voice announcement.  I have tried taking this up with Amazon directly for investigation on their side but they keep telling me it is being escalated to their development team but never get a follow-up response and have to start over from scratch every time; this has occurred 3 times already.  I have just deleted and recreated the routine again hoping it would by some chance resolved but no success.  I have Polisy Pro running 5.8.3